We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How Did DMT Change You? Options

SnozzleBerry
#21 Posted : 5/30/2014 5:34:36 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Makyo wrote:
We have all become more open for others, more patient, more accepting, we have all come in touch with our higher selves through psychedelic experiences, whether it is DMT or other hallucinogens.

I would be hesitant to make such broad, sweeping, seemingly romanticized statements. We have all had experiences and encountered varying degrees of "change" or "insight" or whatever term seems applicable for our individually varied circumstances. That's about as much as I would feel comfortable asserting in this context.

Makyo wrote:
I personally completely understand Enoon when he said he stopped taking psychedelics, i have also quit taking psychedelics for over a year, i thought i got everything out of it that i could, especially from my last encounter with LSD.

FYI, she's a she Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Makyo
#22 Posted : 5/30/2014 6:28:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oops, *edited.

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Makyo wrote:
We have all become more open for others, more patient, more accepting, we have all come in touch with our higher selves through psychedelic experiences, whether it is DMT or other hallucinogens.

I would be hesitant to make such broad, sweeping, seemingly romanticized statements. We have all had experiences and encountered varying degrees of "change" or "insight" or whatever term seems applicable for our individually varied circumstances. That's about as much as I would feel comfortable asserting in this context.

Oh don't get me wrong, i've been through HELL and back on psychedelics, i've had many psychotic episodes as well, i've been through hard times, and i've seen the negative effects on some friends as well, but here i do see the positive effects, and they all have the same things in common apparently.

I'm not a black and white thinker normally, but you're right, there are DARK sides as well, my last LSD trip was a pure definition of a bad trip, i thought i knew what bad trips where, but i can only call them bad experiences now, i've experienced pure evil.

That was part of the reason i abandoned tripping as well, but there's always two sides of a medal.

Lets all be a little more romantic once in a while. Love
"Be Here Now"
“The Universe is worked and guided from within outwards.”

anrchy
#23 Posted : 5/30/2014 6:41:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The changes induced changed themselves many times over the course of time. Now I "think" DMT has reversed many of the changes that society has imposed on me to bring me back to being who I truly am. Which I still dont know what that is, or how to be it. I shed a lot of unnecessary attributes and can see some things more clearly. Some things too clear, like the inner workings of my brain. Some mechanics of the mind are supposed to be automatic and not thought about I believe.

Now I am becoming me again, but different... again. Its an ebb and flow I believe. Were always changing, DMT seems to shove me back in the correct direction.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Makyo
#24 Posted : 5/30/2014 8:02:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We can never really know who we really are i guess, like you said, we are constantly changing, i'm not the same person as i was 2 years ago, well in big lines i am, but when look back at who i was and who i am now, i've changed a lot, especially with who i was as a kid, teenager, etc.

The overanalyzing part is something i can relay to, i tend to overanalyze EVERYTHING, all the time, it's extremely energy consuming.

I think it's because of my heavy cannabis use, i started to smoke weed when i was 13 and stopped almost completely when i was 27, i always thought of it as a healing plant, but a lot of my personal problems have to do with my inability to use cannabis appropriately.

I'm not saying this is the case with you, but if you are a heavy cannabis user you might consider taking a break from it, or stopping entirely.
"Be Here Now"
“The Universe is worked and guided from within outwards.”

anrchy
#25 Posted : 5/30/2014 9:12:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm an INFJ so thats why I over-analyze everything Smile

Also, DMT expanded certain parts of my perception, and now my analyzation skills have dug deeper into parts of my brain I did not know exist haha

Yoho
#26 Posted : 5/31/2014 5:23:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am pretty much in the same boat as you Makyo. The DMT experience is certainly always amazing to me, and it always reminds me how limited my usual perception of the world is. But beyond this humbling effect I really don't think that it has changed my personality or the way I live.

I see other psychedelics as excellent opportunities to turn inward and examine my lifestyle, my personal relationships, and my place in this world. I see smoked DMT as a completely otherworldy experience wherein the Universe relieves me of my earthbound existence and leads my inner neutral observer on a fantastic tour through a gallery of impossible wonders. When the tour is over and I return to this world I am grateful for what I have been allowed to see, but I rarely see it as the kind of learning experience that I can get from other teachers.

Anyways, good thread Smile

anrchy
#27 Posted : 5/31/2014 5:41:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have dosed a few people that had experiences that seemed to be mostly visual without a "message". I'm not sure what the deal is exactly. My first few experiences were basically just that, a visual one.

Over a short period of time I picked up on information and clues and of course the entities started communicating to me through telepathic like means. Usually speaking in emotion. Since then pretty much all of my experiences contain some sort of message/messages about me or my life. Something that I need to change like my perception ect.

Have you had entity communication? If so did they never say anything to you that pertained to who you are or what you need to understand?

Yoho
#28 Posted : 6/1/2014 4:08:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
Usually speaking in emotion. Since then pretty much all of my experiences contain some sort of message/messages about me or my life. Something that I need to change like my perception ect.

Have you had entity communication? If so did they never say anything to you that pertained to who you are or what you need to understand?

'Speaking in emotion' is kind of how I would describe it yeah. But for me entities usually just represent some single emotional state i.e. this one is pure joy, that one is calm serenity, the other is loving tenderness, and so on. As I observe them I join in their experience, like they are projecting their emotion upon me. Contemplating it now I realize that I am the one doing the projecting, externalizing my own feelings.

But no I don't think I've ever recieved any complex communication from an entity. We come together from time to time and simply exist together. Honestly I am satisfied with that arrangement, but if in the future I am able to learn more from them I would be satisfied with that too Pleased

FranLover
#29 Posted : 12/31/2019 1:31:02 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Beautiful thread, great knowledge here, very wise people. Thank you.

For the record I just want to let it written to whoever it may concern that DMT, the Dhamma--the Eternal Truth--saved my life.

It was destiny given that I discovered it on my own, sought it out on my own, and ventured alone. How was I so lucky to go through all these steps and in the right mind frame and have the type of trip which changes your life?

Luck. But also destiny. It was something that had to happen, that had been destined to happen. This is the only rational explanation I have for such great luck, such insane reversal of fortune. I was a beggar lying in the dirt and DMT found me and gave me shelter, it bathed and clothed and fed me, and sent me on the right path--the only path that could ever had satisfied my soul.

On the matter of the level of luck one needs to experience this imagine a glass house with completely smooth walls. If somebody throws raw peas at the glass walls, most of them will bounce off and fall to the floor. It is most improbable that the peas will stick to the glass. However, if you constantly throw peas at the glass, sooner or later one is bound to stick. The probability that you will find the Eternal Truth is much smaller than the probability that a pea will stick.

Or imagine that a small ring is floating on the ocean. On the bottom of the ocean there lives a special turtle that surfaces briefly only once every hundred years. The probability of its head surfacing within the ring is pretty slim, but far greater than the chance of discovering the Eternal Truth.

Blessed are we. Lucky, too.

The glory of DMT being stated in no uncertain terms, my disclaimer is please be extremey careful. It is a tool. A hammer can be used to create a beautiful house to shelter you and your loved ones, or it can be a death machine and bringer of suffering. Be very careful and have only good intentions and right view with any and every toke.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

dragonrider
#30 Posted : 1/2/2020 3:27:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was born crazy.

Icyseeker
#31 Posted : 1/4/2020 12:09:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gave me a goal post to direct my meditation effort towards. Showed me that the amount of stuff I know is is finite and the stuff to know is infinite. It has played a large role in the structure of my goals after I smoked.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

sideroxylon
#32 Posted : 1/11/2020 3:48:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use to drink a lot everyday. I made big promises of self-improvement and other kinds. In the process I ignored my nature and went against it. This did not pan out well because I gradually became someone I was not. I feel all the alcohol made quite a metaphysical impact on consciousness. I would get a distinct idea that my ego is trapped or locked. That this chap and the persona he takes everyday is someone else.

The last time I inhaled DMT vapour, I had another strong sense of deja vu, but not only that I had been there before, but that I had been transported back to that point in time. I saw my immediate surroundings dissolve into three or four separate planes and then morph back into one. Then the daemon said, "you had known this was about to happen", and asked me where I had been.

I thought to myself. I felt joyous, and went to the roof and got some fresh air. I thought my consciousness retained sanity after all the dulling it had endured because of the alcoholism. DMT returned a part of me which was discarded as an appendage before.

I am looking forward to the next time, but not with any hurry, because as I get sober minded, I realise I lost over drink. Lastly, I have angered the Gods once before by getting impetuous and stubborn out of frustration of not "breaking-through", and I will never again try to assert my will over the sacrament.
SABBAM DUKKAM

xss27
#33 Posted : 1/11/2020 4:25:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The most blatant change would be that since my handful of NN-DMT experiences I have no desire to engage with psychedelics again. A year or two later I dropped my cannabis use too. It has shifted my overall vector in life. Whilst other psychedelics inspired thoughts and some changes, those seemed somewhat utilitarian in the underlying motivation (to improve this or that) compared to NN-DMT which just shoved in my face the importance of pursuing something more permanent.

Whether this would have happened on its own without NN-DMT, I don't know. Maybe only after some life changing event or trauma that causes rapid evaluation of life and priorities?

It also was the final nail in the coffin in terms of my enthusiasm towards mainstream culture that's for sure! In that regard it has been quite a lengthy adjustment, learning to grow as a person in my early twenties when I took NN-DMT to where I am now in my early thirties. Learning to navigate this confusing modern world whilst having experienced such profundity early on, it's been a challenge. Especially since 99% of people simply can not relate, either to psychedelics or any experience out of the ordinary.

Kobranek
#34 Posted : 1/13/2020 11:30:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can honestly say that I don't think I would be here today if it wasn't for my explorations and experimentation with DMT. During the time when I was introduced to the molecule it was by the normal means of procurement of illegal substances and I wanted another high that alcohol and cannabis were not giving me. I certainly wasn't ready for what was in store as my previous psychedelic experiences led me to where DMT was taking me. At the time having limited access to the molecule after being blown away was only frustrating me to no end. I took it upon myself to be able to have a DMT experience whenever the calling comes which is much less frequent. I definitely would be a lonely divorced drunk who is angry with the world if it wasn't for my shift in perception due to DMT. I still remember my wife telling me that "I'm never going to be the same!" once I told her when she could tell something was different about me. Since she had been traumatized by her family's addiction problems thinking I was going to face the same fate. Interestingly I have had comparable traumas and fears to only turn them into something beautiful. I was only brave enough to jump into the rabbit hole head first and now there is no reason to look back. DMT expands your perception in a way that allows for you to be more conscious with the way you live your life for either good or bad, my choice is for good so I go into my experiences with much reverence and appreciation for being able to be a part of this human experience! I love DMT😍

abrelosojos
#35 Posted : 1/14/2020 12:14:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Great Thread. i get that question a lot when i speak with friends who don´t use psychedelics. I feel like i´m selling the experience, and that´s something i don´t want to do.

I´m not a better person that i was before. DMT has given me some hindsight that i´m an ok person, but that i should be doing more. So the idea of a Goal Post is really good. Regarding meditation, drinking, exercise, work, etc. whatever. i´m thakful for the opportunity to review my habits and know where i want to be. Not Just being and doing, is setting me on a path.

Other than that, DMT experiences are a bit voyeuristic, i´m glancing at a peephole showing me stuff that i can´t comprehend i´m fascinated by the experiences and i like the high. i want to solve some of the riddles and i´m fulifilling my creative itches.

NN´DMT cousin, 5-Meo Woke me up. At some point i was running on auto. I see each one stories, I understand them all.

PREV12