We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
The FASA Method: A Summary - DMT Fumarate and Beyond Options

Phlux-
#121 Posted : 4/27/2011 8:13:13 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

dmt n-oxide doesnt make fums
impe not sol in acetone, sol in water
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#122 Posted : 4/27/2011 8:42:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats what i thought too, phlux, but infundibulum said that at least theoretically n-oxide could form salts. Now the question is, would this precipitate in FASA? Maybe someone could try hydrogen peroxide on dmt, then doing the FASA thing and seeing if something precipitates?

You say this because you are thinking chaliponga will have more oxides, phlux? And is this a feeling/supposition or do we have any data on that?

Phlux-
#123 Posted : 4/27/2011 11:45:36 AM

The Root

hehe you know me and hard data - only when i show pix Very happy
and yeah i do feel that way about most plants with dmt in the leaves.
iv noticed what a lot call n-oxides is just contams like oils etc
the reason i say its oils is because of this

I took 20mg dmt - added h2o2 etc - to make dmt n oxide
i put it in a shotglass and filled the glass with acetone - stirred it with a stirbar for 3 mins and nothing happened
all the oxide was still on the bottom of the shotglass
then i poured off the acetone - weighed it - no change in weight
then i added the same amount of water and it was all disolved before i was finished adding it

that determined solubility for me as i was offline that day

then when one makes fumarate salts via fasa on xylene - the salts are often yellow - yet one can wash this yellow off with acetone
when one disolves yellow fumarates in water and filters - to remove excess fumaric acid - on evap your fumarates are still white.

when one freebases (just to be certain all is in the same state) the yellow washes - and applies heat - they produce a vastly different smoke to home made pure n oxide
the n-oxide smells like plastic when burned - the contams smell - like idk utterly horrid.

takin all this into consideration and watching the teks then results on chali and others - then what i said above kinda seems to be the case - doesnt it ?
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

endlessness
#124 Posted : 4/27/2011 12:59:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
hehe you know me and hard data - only when i show pix Very happy
and yeah i do feel that way about most plants with dmt in the leaves.
iv noticed what a lot call n-oxides is just contams like oils etc
the reason i say its oils is because of this

i put it in a shotglass and filled the glass with acetone - stirred it with a stirbar for 3 mins and nothing happened
then i added the same amount of water and it was all disolved before i was finished adding it

that determined solubility for me as i was offline that day

then when one makes fumarate salts via fasa on xylene - the salts are often yellow - yet one can wash this yellow off with acetone
when one disolves yellow fumarates in water and filters - to remove excess fumaric acid - on evap your fumarates are still white.

when one freebases (just to be certain all is in the same state) the yellow washes - and applies heat - they produce a vastly different smoke to home made pure n oxide
the n-oxide smells like plastic when burned - the contams smell - like idk utterly horrid.

takin all this into consideration and watching the teks then results on chali and others - then what i said above kinda seems to be the case - doesnt it ?

Phlux- wrote:

So you are saying that dmt n-oxide doesnt dissolve at all in dry acetone but it does very readily in water? Thats strange

Also then you say acetone washes the fumarates from yellow, so that you think is n-oxide too (and if so why is this time dissolving in acetone), or you think its plant oils and xylene FASA doesnt precip n-oxide?

Maybe what you made with h2o2 isnt oxide? Can any chem chime in here about other potential byproducts?

Phlux-
#125 Posted : 4/28/2011 2:07:43 PM

The Root

Also then you say acetone washes the fumarates from yellow, so that you think is n-oxide too (and if so why is this time dissolving in acetone),

nope

or you think its plant oils and xylene FASA doesnt precip n-oxide?

yep

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

downwardsfromzero
#126 Posted : 5/16/2011 3:37:15 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

endlessness wrote:
So you are saying that dmt n-oxide doesnt dissolve at all in dry acetone but it does very readily in water? Thats strange

[...]

dmt n-oxide is a zwitterion - an internal salt and a polar molecule. Therefore it shouldn't be too surprising that it dissolves in water - a polar solvent. Trimethylamine N-oxide also has "good" solubility in water, although this analogy is not necessarily valid considering trimethylamine is miscible with water.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

endlessness
#127 Posted : 5/16/2011 6:42:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
endlessness wrote:

[...]

dmt n-oxide is a zwitterion - an internal salt and a polar molecule. Therefore it shouldn't be too surprising that it dissolves in water - a polar solvent. Trimethylamine N-oxide also has "good" solubility in water, although this analogy is not necessarily valid considering trimethylamine is miscible with water.

Yes that it at least partly dissolves in water is understandable, but what about not dissolving in acetone ? Im pretty sure people had discussed otherwise already.

Myco
#128 Posted : 6/5/2012 8:23:32 PM

73μ

Has anyone gotten around to using glacial acetic acid instead of citric acid in acetone?

Infundibulum mentioned this should work but I don't know if he ever got around to trying it.
arrive without traveling.

The Day Tripper
#129 Posted : 12/6/2012 11:58:15 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
i noticed inquiries about tasa and dmt tartarate came up in this thread a few times as far as viability.

I tried it once with dry acetone exactly like a fasa tek, and while it was nice tartaric acid was very soluble in dry acetone, the results were quite disappointing. all that precipitated was a gooey, sticky viscous chunk, that appeared to be VERY hydroscobic. Very much like the time i tried to make dmt hcl (don't even waste your time considering it Laughing ), but if anyone is considering trying tasa, i do not recommend it.

But that's just one amateur alchemists opinion, I'd love to hear if anyone has tried tasa as well, and if it worked at all for you. Cant seem to find much anecdotal reports on tying tasa.

Kinda sucks considering tartaric acids high solubility in dry acetone. You would use a fraction of the amount of acetone required for fasa if tasa was viable. Guess that acid is best saved for the natural ergoloids as far as alkaloid purification via dry alcohol/acids precipitation.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

foaf
#130 Posted : 3/1/2013 2:45:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So this seems obvious from the posts but please confirm for me.

Fumaric acid is insoluble in xylene as is dmt fumarate but the acetone that you drip in that is saturated with fumaric acid is enough, even once it dilutes out, to keep the fumaric acid in solution. Implying that you don't need to titrate. Correct?

Infundibulum
#131 Posted : 3/1/2013 3:04:46 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

foaf wrote:
So this seems obvious from the posts but please confirm for me.

Fumaric acid is insoluble in xylene as is dmt fumarate but the acetone that you drip in that is saturated with fumaric acid is enough, even once it dilutes out, to keep the fumaric acid in solution. Implying that you don't need to titrate. Correct?

Very close to correct; this is what I thought when first developed the technique. Pretty much, if you drop FASA in clear, unused xylene, there should be no clouding forming. But as long as there is dmt, clouds of precipitation will form. It is always advised to drop some FASA in unused NP solvent before going on to try it. I remember clearly that dropping FASA in unused naphtha was causing fumaric acid to drop out immediately, something that did not happen with xylene.

In reality, there is some fumaric acid dropping as well...as later analyses have demonstrated. This makes sense, because a xylene pull is no more unused xylene, it also has a plethora of plant fats and oils in it that this may cause some fumaric acid precipitation as well. Any excess of fumaric acid can be cleaned away with acetone. In addition, the mere act of freebasing the fumarates will get rid of any excess residual fumaric acid (which, by default, will be converted to sodium fumarate).

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Godsmacker
#132 Posted : 5/30/2014 10:54:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am planning on conducting a FASA tek in the near future, and was wondering if if anyone has had experience using naptha as the nps instead of xylene. Also, I was wondering if anyone has done this without previously rendering their acetone anhydrous.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

DreaMTripper
#133 Posted : 5/31/2014 2:32:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It doesnt work with naptha, acetone must be anhydrous or the water content will keep a portion of the dmt fumarate in the solvent

Mindlusion
#134 Posted : 2/23/2017 3:03:02 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Not sure if this paper has been linked to the forum yet... For some reason I vaguely remember it...

But anyway, its a super useful research paper for us. It gives solubility of fumaric acid in a variety solvents across a temperature range.

Isopropanol > ethanol > propanol > acetone
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

GreenDMT
#135 Posted : 4/20/2018 2:58:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

prey wrote:
Hi there.

You bring up a good point.

If you look for example at how they produce canola oil it is a lot like DMT, hehe.

First they macerate the canola seeds, then cover them in hexane. The hexane absorbs all of the oil, plus some impurities. Next NaOH is added to precipitate out unwanted material that was carried over! This is filtered, and finally the hexane is evaporated off, leaving pure canola oil.

Is there NaOH in canola oil? No.

But NaOH could react with fats leaving soup, I think it can be absorbed to oil

«PREV567