We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extracted Chemical from Grass Cuttings Options

Deletrious
#1 Posted : 8/20/2012 12:36:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

G'day,
I have a friend that has been desperate to try DMT, he has got a bowl full of grass cuttings.. As in the grass that grows on your front lawn. He did some kind of extraction, changing the PH's evaporting stuff.. He was left with a grey-yellow powder that when smoked had a plastic taste to it.. I'm not quite sure if this was actual DMT mainly because I vaporized it incorrectly but still got a buzz from it. Quite weird and I was wondering if this could be DMT or 5-meo-DMT since I can't find any info of front lawn grass only the Phalaris species.
Somebody help me?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

3rdI
#2 Posted : 8/20/2012 12:49:12 PM

veni, vidi, spici

you dont want to be smoking random substances you extract from plants in your garden, it could be anything, theres lots of nasty chemicals around.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Deletrious
#3 Posted : 8/20/2012 1:03:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
you dont want to be smoking random substances you extract from plants in your garden, it could be anything, theres lots of nasty chemicals around.

Exactly why I was asking for a little bit of insite on what could be inside this grass incase he could be harming himself and others.

3rdI
#4 Posted : 8/20/2012 1:10:43 PM

veni, vidi, spici

my insight is dont do it, its stoopid.

do you know what kind of grass it is? do you even know if there is DMT in it?

if you dont want to harm other people and yourself then dont smoke random grey powders from random plants.

people spend alot of time trying to make safe teks which use safe plant, they dont just guess.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 8/20/2012 1:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First step would be to figure out the exact botanical name of your friends "lawn grass". There are many many different types of grass used for ornamental purposes. After you have identified the plant, you can do further research on it's contents but i doubt that there is a lot of data available. Good luck though.

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 8/20/2012 2:51:05 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Deletrious wrote:
I was wondering if this could be DMT or 5-meo-DMT since I can't find any info of front lawn grass only the Phalaris species.

Lawn grass (non-phalaris spp.) is not known to contain either DMT or 5-meo. It is highly unlikely that anyone has any idea what you could have smoked from your lawn grass extract. Please DO NOT smoke extracts from unknown plant-sources. You have no idea what you are taking into your body, whether it's neurotoxic or carcinogenic or what and are extracting from a source that does not, afaik, have any psychoactive substances in it.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

AlbertKLloyd
#7 Posted : 8/25/2012 1:34:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would not be surprised if several types of lawn grass had DMT, I would even expect it.

Trying chemical you have not identified is dangerous and haphazard, you should use a marquis test or something else like that to get a probable ID before experimenting with unknown chemicals.m

DMT and related alkaloids are known from lawn grasses, including rye grasses:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/5-MeO-DMT
Quote:
Other Grasses
??? spp. (Wild Rye, Winter Rye, Rye Grass) 5-MeO-DMT appeared to be potentially present in several local species (2-4 spp.; including both annual & perennial ryes. Including the haying material called "coastal'Pleased 1996 tlc by J. Appleseed. (Ref Trout's Notes)

http://en.wikipedia.org/...Lawn#Cool_season_grasses
Check out the Wikipedia page, Rye grasses are used for lawns.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryegrass
If you have a lawn of Lolium specie grass you could extract the clippings...

Ingesting unknown chemicals is very dangerous though, best to not to that.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 8/25/2012 3:00:24 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

marquis test is rather ineffective for identifying indolealkylamines, the aldehyde
just complexes with primary and secondary amines; ehrlich's followed by dragendorff's or mandelin
would be a better option, since p-dmab forms a complex at C-2 of indole
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 8/25/2012 4:24:42 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

benzyme, this would be a case where TLC followed by the aforementioned reagents would be of value, no?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

benzyme
#10 Posted : 8/25/2012 4:28:39 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yes, but it's good for a preliminary spot test as well, just
to test for the presence of indolic alkaloids.
even on a piece of filter paper, you'll notice variations
in color as the solvent migrates outward
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 8/25/2012 9:39:59 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

This seems to be some standard thing now that I have to say but here goes again:

On the DMT-Nexus we highly discourage dangerous activities. We discourage this because it brings the DMT-Nexus and it's community in danger; if you get hospitalized or die due to your reckless behavior and they find a connection with this site than that might cause a lot of problems for all of us.

When you are using yourself as a guinea pig to test unknown substances than we see that as one of the things we highly discourage. If this irresponsible self testing will continue we might even have to ban reckless people for said reasons.

Please understand that we love research and testing, but we love to do that in a safe way so at least have your sample tested to check the content of it. Some toxic effects might take years before they get to you and if it does then it might be too late to do anything about it.

So please, don't ingest/smoke any substance or extract until you know it is safe!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Major Tom
#12 Posted : 2/9/2013 10:32:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Gramine is found in many grasses . I don't know whether or not the solvents used will pull it out ; but if so . it would be seriously bad news , I suspect , if smoked . Gramine is why I avoid grasses myself ...

Ilex
#13 Posted : 2/9/2013 11:57:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First step would be to get a positive ID on what species of grass is growing in his yard. Kentucky bluegrass (a Poa species) is a common lawn grass, but a lot of grass seed these days is a mixed type, you could have Fescue or other species in there.

As to what you extracted, who knows? Hopefully the lawn didn't have pesticides applied, as you could have simply extracted 2,4-D (a known carcinogen used in "weed and feed" fertilizers) or other nasty herbicide/pesticide residue. Whatever it is, I wouldn't be smoking it.

out there
#14 Posted : 5/19/2014 1:32:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The field next to my home is planted with winter rye used as a cover crop. Literally acres and acres of it. My question is: knowing for a fact the species of plant, what tek would be correct for extraction and isolation of the desired alkaloid (DMT)?
Like the Truth, I am

Out There

It should be noted that all descriptions of actions and activities described are the result of a bizarrely overactive imagination. Everything I say, everything I have ever said, and everything I ever will say is a lie -- and that's the truth.