We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybin-Induced Decrease in Amygdala Reactivity Correlates with Enhanced Positive Mood in Healthy Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 5/8/2014 3:06:03 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Kraehenmann, R., Preller, K. H., Scheidegger, M., Pokorny, T., Bosch, O. G., Seifritz, E., & Vollenweider, F. X. (2014). Psilocybin-Induced Decrease in Amygdala Reactivity Correlates with Enhanced Positive Mood in Healthy Volunteers. Biological Psychiatry.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#2 Posted : 5/8/2014 4:32:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Researchers in Zurich just published these findings that support this ( text from medicalexpress-com)Psilocybin positively influences mood in healthy individuals. In the brain, this substance stimulates specific docking sites for the messenger serotonin. The scientists therefore assumed that psilocybin exerts its mood-brightening effect via a change in the serotonin system in the limbic brain regions.his

I know that mushrooms have helped treat my depression without intolerable side effects or addiction better than anything I've been prescribed .

Edit: just saw dreamer042's post that links to the paper here
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 5/9/2014 4:30:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice finding! Its amazing how much we know now about psychedelic mushrooms and their role in re-growing new neurons within the human brain. The limbics are greatly intriguing in regards to the intense, yet welcoming effects of psilocybin.

Interesting pubmed documentation on fear-based thinking naturally transcending the inner and outer environments of perception.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23727882

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 5/9/2014 5:02:19 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Here is that one as well. Thumbs up

Catlow, B. J., Song, S., Paredes, D. A., Kirstein, C. L., & Sanchez-Ramos, J. (2013). Effects of psilocybin on hippocampal neurogenesis and extinction of trace fear conditioning. Experimental brain research, 228(4), 481-491.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Infectedstyle
#5 Posted : 5/9/2014 10:41:07 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Not sure if I understood the abstract (Linked by Cognitive heart) . I was wondering if this is possibly a double-edged sword? My mind leaning towards it not being. But an interesting suggestive, perhaps to consider, is that this opened opportunity for neurogrowth has two potential outcomes.

#6 Posted : 5/9/2014 10:42:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Good stuff!

Thanks you.

<3

Entheogenerator
#7 Posted : 5/9/2014 11:38:56 PM

Homo discens

Infectedstyle wrote:
Not sure if I understood the abstract (Linked by Cognitive heart) . I was wondering if this is possibly a double-edged sword? My mind leaning towards it not being. But an interesting suggestive, perhaps to consider, is that this opened opportunity for neurogrowth has two potential outcomes.

Perhaps you can elaborate on this a little bit more? What do you see being potentially "double-edged" about this?

Thanks for sharing, Dreamer! Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine