We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Photos needed of African Entheogens Options

Dragibus
#1 Posted : 5/5/2014 7:00:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am working on an article about African entheogens for the next issue of Dragibus. I wanted to see if anyone, especially in Africa, could take photos of any plants used or from Africa.

The article covers everything including Iboga, Sceletium tortuosum, Ubulawu, and everything in between. There are too many species for me to list here, but if you are in Africa, or are growing medicinal plants from Africa, then I will probably be interested in photos of them.

I will need hi res copies of the images and you can email to crudd@dragibusmag.com

You will get photo credit and free copies of the issue.

Thanks,
Dragibus Magazine

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Endurance
#2 Posted : 5/5/2014 8:27:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is your article focusing on Africa as a whole for the article? Or putting emphasis on a particular region (ie: southern Africa)?

Dragibus wrote:
The article covers everything including Iboga, Sceletium tortuosum, Peganum harmala, Ubulawu, and everything in between.

.. Sounds like an interesting article.

Dragibus wrote:
. I wanted to see if anyone, especially in Africa, could take photos of any plants used or from Africa.

Could you provide some more specifics of the type of pictures you are looking for?
- What stage of growth would you prefer the image to be of?
- Would you want the images to be for predominantly identification purposes or simply as a visual display?

All the best with the article.

Dragibus
#3 Posted : 5/5/2014 8:56:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The article will be on all of Africa, but South Africa contains a large amount of medicinal plants.

The pictures will be both for identification and to add some color to the article. Africa appears to hold a large bounty of medicinal plants, many understudied or unknown in the rest of the world. And images of the plants are usually more sparse than information about them. I am interested in photos of all types. Flowers, seeds, plants in habitat, specific parts of plants used (tubers, seedpods, leaves, ...), or other cool, interesting, well-shot photos.