We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT»
Vaping with e-cig juice Options

cannabinated
#121 Posted : 11/15/2013 5:07:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just ordered a gentleman's vape hash oil atomizer for use with an ego-c twist. I will confirm how well it works next week.
It's ALL information.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Rifle
#122 Posted : 11/17/2013 2:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tried out a more potent mixture, but the harshness relative to the potency is still a bit too much. I experimented with taking five, 1-second pulls into my mouth, and it was pretty much just as harsh as a 5-second pull, so what ever is causing the harshness appears to happen immediately. Going to experiment with adding a little ethanol to the mix.
She's real. She's got red lips.

Cotyledon
#123 Posted : 11/19/2013 12:13:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are the pictures that I promised of the home-brew atomizer I posted about last week.

Rifle
#124 Posted : 2/14/2014 6:05:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, bringing this thread back from the dead. Have a few new things to mention.

First is that it seems ethanol is out as being a major component of the DMT solution ecig. My ecig got low to the point where it was no longer working, which occurs when there is still about a quarter to a third of the DMTjuice left, so I added about an equal amount of ethanol to bring it up to working levels, and was unable to get any effects no matter how much I took. The low boiling/vaping point appears to have caused problems. I'm thinking only the ethanol was actually vaporizing.

I've currently got a mixture made using PEG-400 again, instead of the PG I used last go around. I have yet to get the opportunity to really try it out, but my one-hit test seemed promising. Also, one interesting thing is both times I've created potent mixtures using PEG-400 I've ended up with a very light yellow-ish solution as opposed to the reddish one I eneded up with when using PG. I notice anarchy also ended up with a reddish solution when using PG, so I think it is the result of the PG/PEG-400 difference.

Anyways, I don't have more ideas for mixtures, so once I give this new one a try and report back I'll consider my exploration of DMT solutions for use with ecigs done. Well, actually, if this new solution doesn't work any better I'll probably experiment with adding a little ethanol at a time to see if there's a balance point where it removes the harshness but still allows the DMT to vaporize. Gosh, I just want this ROA to work; it just provides so much control and convenience.

Jdn717
#125 Posted : 2/14/2014 6:47:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that this can work, it just needs to be perfected with some serious R&D. Plus, this is the only way I could potentially get my significant other to try it.

It's not about being able to travel and casually use the fruit on the go. I see it as a way we can reverse the negative stigma and turn it into something that can't be compared to crack or meth smoking.

Looking forward to your results. Thumbs up

BnaiRagshee
#126 Posted : 2/14/2014 8:54:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What about a different solvent then? I was looking up the main uses for pg and its largely used in cosmetics as a pigment solvent. So I did some digging around for non toxic pigment solvents and low and behold I found this:http://cen.acs.org/articles/91/web/2013/06/Nontoxic-Solvents-Extract-Compounds-Plants.html.

Natural deep eutectic solvents, or NADES, is a collection of common cell metabolites that when in the right ratios will perform just as well as other established organic solvents. So the next step would be to locate this solvent and then see how soluble dmt is in it. Im gonna keep poking around to see if I can find out if its suitable for vaporizers.

Ninja edit: after reading a little bit more it seems most NADES are solid at room temperature. That would additional complications.
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

anrchy
#127 Posted : 2/14/2014 9:04:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The important factor in choosing an unknown base material is to find out if it is safe to inhale. Just because something is safe in one way doesnt necessarily mean it is in another.

It seems that there isnt a lot of info on chemicals for vaporization. Relatively a new field for mass use anyways.

I should be returning to my experimentation soon. Just have a few humps to get over. I have a few ideas on things to try but if they dont decrease harshness then im gonna throw in the towel and deem this method undoable
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

DiMiTriX
#128 Posted : 2/14/2014 1:11:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what about heat a small ammount of pure freebase and just put a drop direcly on the atomizer? one drom are about 50mg...it should work i guess
Tz'is aná

anrchy
#129 Posted : 2/14/2014 7:01:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DiMiTriX wrote:
what about heat a small ammount of pure freebase and just put a drop direcly on the atomizer? one drom are about 50mg...it should work i guess

I actually tried this once and it seemed to run away from the heat and didnt vaporize properly. Using a base liquid, PG PEG400 ect, allows the DMT to stay put better especially with the wicking style atomizer which would be near impossible and a hassle to try to get DMT to melt around the heating coil.

downwardsfromzero
#130 Posted : 2/15/2014 12:11:52 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

BnaiRagshee wrote:
What about a different solvent then? I was looking up the main uses for pg and its largely used in cosmetics as a pigment solvent. So I did some digging around for non toxic pigment solvents and low and behold I found this:http://cen.acs.org/articles/91/web/2013/06/Nontoxic-Solvents-Extract-Compounds-Plants.html.

Natural deep eutectic solvents, or NADES, is a collection of common cell metabolites that when in the right ratios will perform just as well as other established organic solvents. So the next step would be to locate this solvent and then see how soluble dmt is in it. Im gonna keep poking around to see if I can find out if its suitable for vaporizers.

Ninja edit: after reading a little bit more it seems most NADES are solid at room temperature. That would additional complications.

Perhaps they'd be eutectic with DMT and liquefy?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Rifle
#131 Posted : 2/15/2014 4:51:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you search around there are some people that have made setups to allow direct dripping on the atomizer and it sounds like they work well, but I'm interested in the consistency and convenience the normal tank setup provides.

I have given the new mix a couple tries now and can say PEG-400 definitely provides for a less harsh hit for me. Still pretty harsh, and actually tastes worse, but is a significant improvement with respect to being able to get a larger dose. However, there seems to be some weird juju in this batch of DMT, so I think I'm actually going to reprocess it to eliminate any doubts. Might be a bit before I get a new mix made up, but for anyone out there wanting a less harsh DMT-cig setup, I'd definitely suggest trying PEG-400.

mystd
#132 Posted : 5/1/2014 2:59:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I finished reading the whole thread and it got me thinking... Why heat the dmt at all? If it can be used orally (through digestion) why not use a sprayer and inhale dmt/ethanol fluid.

Entheogenerator
#133 Posted : 5/1/2014 10:01:40 PM

Homo discens

mystd wrote:
I finished reading the whole thread and it got me thinking... Why heat the dmt at all? If it can be used orally (through digestion) why not use a sprayer and inhale dmt/ethanol fluid.

You mean like this?
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

anrchy
#134 Posted : 5/2/2014 10:02:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wanted to update this.

Two friends came over and wanted to dose. One of them has a very difficult time using the gvg because his lungs seem too sensitive and he gets coughing fits from the vapor and I know it wasn't getting burnt.

So I showed him how to use the ecig and left the room. They came out 30 minutes later or so and confirmed that it did work very well. Was less harsh than when he used the gvg and thinks that you could easily go pretty far.

I have more experimentation in the near future and will update this thread with new info.

mystd
#135 Posted : 5/2/2014 8:09:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@Entheogenerator thx! Good to know that others did that already. Has anyone experience with a simple spray bottle? embracethevoid mentioned that he used harmala with water in a spray bottle. Did anayone test it with dmt?

anrchy
#136 Posted : 6/30/2014 7:14:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok I want to add to this topic some more now that I just finished doing some more experimenting.

I have a different ecig battery than I did the last time I experimented with all this. I believe the one I have now has made this more viable. With its ability to adjust wattage rather than just voltage I was able to achieve a 10-12mg dose approx. with lung capacity to spare. I also want to add that I believe I am able to chalk up the harshness to the DMT actually BURNING. I noticed the same sensation that burnt DMT does to your tongue with the battery set to 6 watts. I decreased it to 3 watts (as low as it goes) and the harshness was either much less or gone and I was just experiencing the sensation from the previous try.

I also do not believe that I vaped the entire drop. I will check on that in a little bit. In order for me to get enough vapor in to achieve a ~12mg experience I had to take several drags (inhaling each drag before the next without exhaling(like sucking on a straw)) and hold that in for as long as i could. I took, I think, 6 pulls.

My next experiment will be to attempt to hit it until I cannot hit it anymore or I run out of vapor, whichever comes first. My plan will be to attempt this in the next few hours. I believe at this current point, theres the possibility that we will need a 2:1 ratio. I personally think the liquid would become VERY thick, but this shouldnt be an issue with the atomizer I am using, but would render a tank useless.

I am pretty sure that this mixture is somewhere around 20-30 drops per ml, which would give me 50mg or less per drop. To really understand all this I am going to have to dose quite a bit more. I also want to add that my counting of hits throughout this entire thread is variable due to the fact i cant really measure how big the hits are. As I do more experimenting I'll have a better handle on this issue.

My main goals are:

breakthrough
refining the # of hits taken
method of hitting. (Drags vs inhaling)
investigating the harshness

DiMoiTou
#137 Posted : 7/13/2014 2:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some e-cig experimentation is going on in this thread too. Wink
Feel free to join the party!

fractaloctopus
#138 Posted : 8/2/2014 4:31:39 AM

mittens

I can't join in on the other thread yet so I'll post here.

I recently decided to experiment with the vaping pen method. I currently have a Vision Spinner 2 battery and KangerTech Pro Tank 3 Mini tanks with the newly released coil redesign. I dissolved 850mg of spice into 1.9g of pg. As I had seen others say that 4v was the sweet spot I started at 3.8v, but it seemed rather harsh. I've now turned it all the way down to 3.3v and see no difference.

I will usually take 4-6 three to four second pulls. I haven't broken through yet, but I haven't with my GVG either. The sub-breakthrough experiences are pretty much exactly the same using the vape pen or the GVG. The main difference would be the smoothness with the pen (obviously my GVG technique needs work) and the portability. Not that I'm walking around taking hits of spice everywhere, but being able to partake of some spice in a secluded area of a park, day or night is particularly awesome.

Koopdkla
#139 Posted : 8/24/2014 7:26:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it's very possible to do this, especially if you have a rebuildable ecig. I'm very experienced In the ecig work when I comes to rebuilding coils and dripping atomizers and such, I feel like with a build I make I could blastoff easy with one hit of a heavy saturated with D eliquid.
Koopdkla attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (277kb) downloaded 208 time(s).

razylich
#140 Posted : 10/5/2014 10:02:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried vaping with an e-cig yesterday, it was my first time ever trying DMT, tried it 4 times total and I believe the 4th try is what would be considered as a breakthrough. (Would probably have done it on first 3 tries as well but I started out low and slowly increased the amount of vapor I inhale as I didn't want a super intense experience the first time trying it)

What I used:
eGo-V V3 variable voltage/wattage battery
Kangertech T3D clearomizer with 1.5ohm dual coil
85% PG 15% deionized water 0 nicotine base (Would probably be better to use 100% PG with 0 nicotine but I didn't have that)

How I did it:
First of all I calculated the approximate amount of liquid I can vape in 1 big hit at 6 volts (as high as my battery goes), ended up being approximately 0.05ml per hit, I aimed for 40mg per 2 big hits so I dissolved 200mg of spice into 0.5ml of PG juice which would give me 20mg per hit and should last me for 10 hits.

Anyway here's my experience:
1 small hit at 4 volts:
Almost instantly after exhaling I had a weird feel in my body, that's about it, passed really soon.

1 medium hit at 5 volts:
Same weird body feel but a lot stronger than before, slight visuals.

1 big hit at 6 volts:
Once again, same body feel but this time even stronger, felt overwhelming and a little bit scary, had more visuals this time too, vapor was pretty harsh on the lungs.

2 big hits at 6 volts:
This is what I believe was a breakthrough, I don't remember a lot of it but here's what I wrote down:
It felt like everything in my room was alive and started attacking me, (or at least it seemed that way because of those overwhelming visuals), I could heard a strange noise/sound, felt a bit like it was trying to communicate with me, later I tried to close my eyes and I remember liking it better, I could see this red thing, almost like an entity closing in on me, then the trip started gradually decreasing in intensity, everything became so calm and I opened my eyes again, just started enjoying the visuals in my room as they slowly faded away.
(Again, the vapor was very harsh, I'm thinking about trying 2 big hits at 5 volts next time to see if it's any better)

«PREV56789NEXT»