We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Colorimetric test results (Marquis, Mecke, Ehrlich, etc) for different alkaloids Options

Bdevall158
#21 Posted : 2/20/2014 2:01:09 AM

Mind Wanderer

Good news for everyone who has the fear of taking bunk psychoactive substances. http://bunkpolice.org/

These amazing kits are 3 different test. one for your usual substances(lsd,MDMA,psilocybin,etc), one for cuts in powders and one for more exotic RCs.(you can even test for DMT and 5 Meo DMT Smile ) So basically you can figure out if you have the real deal and if not theres about 60 differents Rcs to test for. They are very easy to use, and you can use the many many times.

Please spread the word to your friends and lets get this bunk nonsense out of the scene Thumbs up
LOVE & LIGHT

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

starway6
#22 Posted : 2/20/2014 4:47:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for info... i want a test kit..it makes sense ..especialy when extracting your own!

Bdevall158
#23 Posted : 2/20/2014 5:57:51 AM

Mind Wanderer

thanks for the edit, i guess i should have added a bit more detail Embarrased I have seen for myself how these things can save lifes and i encourage any explorers to make this small investment into having a safe future.

LOVE & LIGHT

Bdevall158
#24 Posted : 2/20/2014 6:06:29 AM

Mind Wanderer

here is just an example of what the marquis tests for.
Bdevall158 attached the following image(s):
Marquis-Infographic61.jpg (700kb) downloaded 508 time(s).
LOVE & LIGHT

downwardsfromzero
#25 Posted : 2/22/2014 12:45:59 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

benzyme wrote:
common street drug-specific tests are listed in Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, Ch. 11.

Splendid, thanks for the link - and download!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Madrus
#26 Posted : 4/29/2014 6:43:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't understand why DPT is listed as "Marquis: Yellow" in the original post, as my reaction went from light brown->dark brown->dark olive/black over time. This is confirmed in post#24 above.

Also, can someone add DPT Mandelin to the list? Here is my result

Dark Brown initially then to orange after ~20 minutes.

endlessness
#27 Posted : 4/29/2014 8:20:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you talking about marquis in the first part?

If so, there seem to be two sources, one says yellow for marquis (no refference is given, I dont remember to be honest), the other says Greenish brown for both marquis and mandellin.

Can you confirm that those images are in order? How long did it take to get to the red?

Trying to sum up the color changes in only one or two colors is very poor, and often the researchers don´t specify after how long of the reaction did they write the color of, etc...

That´s why we have been working on doing high quality filming of substance reactions, stay tuned during this summer for more info Very happy

Madrus
#28 Posted : 4/30/2014 3:27:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
That´s why we have been working on doing high quality filming of substance reactions, stay tuned during this summer for more info Very happy

Sounds good

And yes I was talking about Marquis in the first part. So with all these different results (and over what timeframe?), who knows which is correct.

As for the DPT Mandelin, yes those images are in order, with my default mandelin being the yellow at the beginning. So it immediately turns dark brown, then stays brown but after a 20-30 minutes will turn to that bright orange surprisingly.

endlessness
#29 Posted : 10/17/2015 12:01:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This database is very relevant and I think should be the primary resource now. Feel free to suggest videos to add!

PsyDuckmonkey
#30 Posted : 2/19/2016 8:00:58 PM

witch

Having run into some unusually potent and psychedelic black market cannabis, I decided to do a three-point test on it, given how I have a crapload of it (thanks Lunar Laboratories, haha)...

Marquis: purplish brown
Ehrlich: no reaction
Mandelin: black

Since there seems to be no data on the reactions of cannabis with anything except with Marquis, I'm not sure whether this is normal or not. I know that marijuana being adulterated is almost unheard of, but in my area there is some street talk about people selling low-grade to non-psychoactive bud infused with synthetic cannabinoids. I'm posting it anyway, any insight is welcome.
PsyDuckmonkey attached the following image(s):
test.JPG (565kb) downloaded 349 time(s).
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

anne halonium
#31 Posted : 2/19/2016 10:05:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

extremely interesting guys.
annie loves this kinda stuff.
absolutely excellent!

all those watching the " psilocybin extraction thread"
should certainly see this thread........
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

downwardsfromzero
#32 Posted : 2/19/2016 10:58:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

PsyDuckmonkey, lots of terpenoids give that colour reaction with Marquis. Useful paper attached below (may have got it off nexus in the first place though, can't remember!)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

CraniumCandy
#33 Posted : 10/29/2017 8:38:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Elevation chemicals off eBay is a great source for reagents. I'm pretty sure they shipped usps and it was directly from the USA, somewhere in California. I've personally tested them they worked great, they have good feedback as well and they package everything in vermiculite to help if anything spills. (Which also means they understand accidents happen). Just thought I'd let everyone know. Stay safe guys.
Before enlightenment chop wood and carry water, after enlightenment chop wood and carry water.

Godsmacker
#34 Posted : 11/4/2017 8:19:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It should be noted that these reagents can be made via simple (& safe) chemistry, as the reagents necessary to prepare most drug testing reagents can be bought for a very cheap price over ebay, amazon, and other online chemical supply companies.

Please make sure they come from a reputable supplier, are of the highest purity possible, and contain certificates of analysis from reputable firms. I cannot stress purity of initial reagents, and proper PPE & general chem lab safety methodologies enough when preparing these GodSends. The prices for pre-made reagents over eBay and other sites are too damn high for the minuscule aliquots of premade reagents they give you for such prices. I would like to advocate that people who are educated in simple chemistry and intend to conduct actual research on these compounds, alongside the plants/unknowns which contain them, with colorimetric reagents (& other chromatographic/spectrophotometric/spectrometric/CE-UV/UV/LC/etc. etc. etc. analytical methodologies), prepare their own reagents safely and properly, as this can safe boatloads of funds, liberating them for the much more expensive analytical assays apart from spot testing via these reagents.

It should also be mentioned that ibogaine should be considered a beta carboline derivative. Even though both contain tryptamine/indole structural moieties, it is much more likely that ibogaine may be a biosynthetic beta carboline derivative, as mentioned in this patent on the use of beta carbolines for treating chemical dependency disorders.

'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Godsmacker
#35 Posted : 11/4/2017 9:52:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
Having run into some unusually potent and psychedelic black market cannabis, I decided to do a three-point test on it, given how I have a crapload of it (thanks Lunar Laboratories, haha)...

Marquis: purplish brown
Ehrlich: no reaction
Mandelin: black

Since there seems to be no data on the reactions of cannabis with anything except with Marquis, I'm not sure whether this is normal or not. I know that marijuana being adulterated is almost unheard of, but in my area there is some street talk about people selling low-grade to non-psychoactive bud infused with synthetic cannabinoids. I'm posting it anyway, any insight is welcome.

One should do a simple acetone/isopropanol extraction of said cannabis, followed by simple TLC on said crude extraction (I would suggest you take the time to look into eluent solutions which would be best used for separating phytocannabinoids and synthetic cannabinoids, for your purposes), then colorimetric reagent (& possible simple UV-c analysis of TLC plate prior to applying colorimetric reagents) after TLC technique/eluents have been refined for this sample of "cannabis". This would be the best order of analysis (given the average budget of a clandestine kitchen chemist), IMO, for testing to see if your cannabis is indeed laced with synthetic cannabinoids, or not, as using colorimetric reagents on whole plant matter tends to yield unreliable and uninterpretable results.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

downwardsfromzero
#36 Posted : 11/5/2017 12:45:13 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Godsmacker wrote:
ibogaine should be considered a beta carboline derivative.
Do you mean this in terms of how it reacts in reagent tests? Because structurally it's not a betacarboline. Biosynthetically, ibogaine has a terpenoid shrubbery on the 'right-hand side' that carbolines most definitively lack.

Ødemark
#37 Posted : 11/19/2018 5:21:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What a database, it blew my mind, amazing work!

_Trip_
#38 Posted : 8/16/2022 6:25:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As cielo is popular now I just wanted to add mescaline citrate. Similar to changes Mesc HCL.

Top to bottom:
Mecke, mandelin, Marquis, simons, roba

Mecke forms a yellow/orange but will mainly turn a redy-brown the more concentrated the crystals.

Mandelin will form orangy-brown before turning dark brown and black (blue streaks can initially been seen where crystals are less concentrated, blue quickly changes).

Marquis orange

Simons no change (maybe slight darkening from purple to black very faint.)

Roba-pink to purple
_Trip_ attached the following image(s):
20220816_150456.jpg (217kb) downloaded 98 time(s).
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Loveall
#39 Posted : 8/16/2022 8:17:38 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

_Trip_ wrote:
As cielo is popular now I just wanted to add mescaline citrate. Similar to changes Mesc HCL.

Top to bottom:
Mecke, mandelin, Marquis, simons, roba

Mecke forms a yellow/orange but will mainly turn a redy-brown the more concentrated the crystals.

Mandelin will form orangy-brown before turning dark brown and black (blue streaks can initially been seen where crystals are less concentrated, blue quickly changes).

Marquis orange

Simons no change (maybe slight darkening from purple to black very faint.)

Roba-pink to purple

Thanks for this info Thumbs up A reference to this result has been added to the wiki (Collect section).

I love the Marquis color. Dancesafe folks have commented on how clean/strong it is when testing CIELO xtals Smile
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

_Trip_
#40 Posted : 12/7/2022 9:22:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to add some harmala results, some of these can be found on bunk police website https://verbinding.11011...erfeit=Plant%20Alkaloids

Marquis: Harmine is more orange and Harmaline is a darker more brown color
Mandelin: Harmine is black with more blue in it Harmaline is just black/ brown.
Simons: not much reaction (harmaline turned kind of a more silver color overtime)
These reactions can be found above and some data is on nexus as well.

Now what's interesting from my tests was the tests with THH (which I can't find reagent data anywhere). THH produces a blue color with robatest, harmine and harmaline didn't react (prior to the buffer being added and stayed blue after the buffer was added). Other regaents where more or less the same mandelin with THH was more like harmine but more blue and not as dark reaction simon's, marquis and mecke all reacted similarly.

My harmine, harmaline and THH is not lab quality. So this result could have impurities or a number of things throwing out the test. If anyone has THH and roba reagent can they please run a quick test and confirm. This would be a great confirmation tool for harmaline to THH reductions.

I was gonna take a photo of all reagents but a couple merged with each other while I was writing this up.

Edit: Marquis is a good confirmation for THH (green).
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

PREV123NEXT