We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Peyotes" and other Psychoactive or Medicinal Cacti Options

'Coatl
#1 Posted : 1/17/2009 8:03:51 PM

Teotzlcoatl

~ "Peyotes" and other Psychoactive or Medicinal Cacti ~

"True Peyote"

~Lophophora williamsii

"Peyotes"

~Ariocarpus fissuratus; and other species
~Coryphantha compacta; and other species
~Pelecyphora aselliformis; strobiliformis

"False Peyotes"

~Lophophora diffusa
~Ariocarpus retusus

"Lost Peyotes"-

~Ariocarpus agavoides; kotschoubeyanus; and other species
~Astrophytum asterias; capricorne; myriostigma; and other species
~Aztekium ritterii; and other species
~Coryphantha elephantidens; macromeris (var. runyonii); palmeri; and other species
~Echinocactus grandis; grusonii; platyacanthus; visnaga; and other species
~Epithelantha micromeris; and other species
~Leuchtenbergia principis; and other species
~Lophophora decipiens; fricii; jourdaniana; koehresii; lutea (yellow flower); and other species
~Mammillaria craigii; grahamii (var. oliviae); heyderi; (Dolichothele) longimamma; (Solisia) pectinifera; (Mamillopsis) senilis; sonorensis; and other species
~Obregonia denegrii
~Strombocactus disciformis
~Turbinicarpus laui; lophophoroides; jauernigii; pseudomacrochele; (Pelecyphora) pseudopectinatus; schmiedickeanus; and other species

Other North American Psychoactive or Medicinal Cacti-

~Carnegiea gigantea
~Echinocereus salm-dyckianus (var. scheeri); triglochidiatus; and other species
~Pachycereus pecten-aboriginum; pringlei

"San Pedro"-

~Trichocereus bridgesii ( "Achuma" )
~Trichocereus pachanoi; peruvianus; and other species

Other South American Psychoactive or Medicinal Cacti-

~Armatocereus laetus
~Browningia (?)
~Epostoa lanata
~Matucana madisoniorum
~Neoraimondia macrostibas
~Trichocereus terscheckii; and other species

Canadiates Hybridization with Lophophora williamsii-

~Astrophytum species
~Aztekium species
~Coryphantha species
~Leuchtenbergia principis; and other species
~Lophophora species
~Mammillaria species
~Obregonia species
~Strombocactus species
~Turbinicarpus laui; lophophoroides; jauernigii; pseudomacrochele; and other species

Canadiates for Ingestion-

Ariocarpus species
Aztekium species
Coryphantha species
Echinocereus species
Epithelantha species
Mammillaria species
Obregonia species
Pelecyphora species
Strombocactus species
Turbinicarpus species

"Lost Peyotes" at the Corroboree

Crossing Cacti

"White Peyote" Lophophora decipiens var. brackii

Trichocereus "True Blue" peruvianus

Comments by Mr.Trout on "Lost Peyotes"

Kie Ti' Koal's post at Edot

Turbinicarpus Info

Psychoactive Cacti of the New World

Uses for Cacti

Turbinicarpus "Lost Peyote"
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 1/17/2009 8:13:55 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Thanks!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 1/19/2009 1:23:11 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Please report all psychoactive/medicinal effects of Cacti other than Lophophora williamsii or Trichocereus here!

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 2/2/2009 6:13:11 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Somebody was asking about Stenocereus hysterix?

Do not bioassy anything which you have not fully researched and know without a doubt is safe.

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 3/12/2009 9:37:26 PM

Teotzlcoatl

A friend smoked three tubercles from an Ariocarpus fissuratus cactus and experience marked sedation and a cannabis or lotus-like intoxication.

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 5/3/2009 8:00:56 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Some people seem to think there are only a few types of psychoactive (or ethnobotanical) cacti! This is far from the truth! There seem to be very many!

polytrip
#7 Posted : 5/5/2009 7:31:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
heard with peyote you can use the entire cactus like with san-pedro, instead of just the buttons. Since i have a small cactus (about the size of a fist) i might try this out.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 5/5/2009 8:09:40 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I'm not sure what you mean...?

polytrip
#9 Posted : 5/6/2009 9:25:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

to make thin slices of the entire cactus, put them in the oven and make tea of the dried slices. Unless ofcourse if there would be a very good reason not to do this other then that it would maybe be a waste of cactus.

Trips
#10 Posted : 5/7/2009 12:47:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Heh. I've heard this one soooo many times. I'm not sure what people think "buttons" are, but the cactus IS a "button" lol.

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 5/7/2009 12:50:44 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Lophophora and other small globular cacti are often called "Button Cacti" and dried Peyotl cacti are often called "Peyote Buttons".

polytrip
#12 Posted : 5/7/2009 4:34:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So, chemically or pharmacologically there is no difference between the hairy buttons on the cactus and the cactus itself?

'Coatl
#13 Posted : 5/7/2009 4:46:57 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
So, chemically or pharmacologically there is no difference between the hairy buttons on the cactus and the cactus itself?

No. The green body of the Peyote cactus and the green layer of flesh in Trichocereus is the mescaline containing part. The tufts of "hair" should be removed from Lophophora before ingestion.

'Coatl
#14 Posted : 5/12/2009 8:27:56 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Link to Mycotopia