We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Would you go to Mars if you knew you would never be able to come back to Ea
Choice Votes Statistics
Hell yeah! 7 20 %
No way! 28 80 %

PREV123NEXT
Would you go to Mars if you knew you would never be able to come back to Earth? Options

cyb
#21 Posted : 4/24/2014 8:27:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

I'm only going if Candice Swanepoel is the Queen of the Deep Underground Martian cave system and I'm her Secret 'Personal Assistant'.
(and Mimosa Seeds are the Planetary currency.)

No pressure...
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nexusdisciple
#22 Posted : 4/24/2014 8:30:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't volunteer to be one of the first pioneers, but assuming that an amount of the planet was terraformed and was able to support life with basic luxuries (running water, electricity, plumbing) I would be down to fly out there and help establish our first city.

ymer
#23 Posted : 4/24/2014 8:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No thanks, this place is extremely good for me.

Cognitive Heart
#24 Posted : 4/24/2014 11:58:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, not at all. This is where I stay to preserve, protect and embrace life. Those who are encouraged to do such a voyage should consider psychedelics and their role in our global situation. People will choose for themselves, but they must also be aware that basic plant chemistry, that grows here on this planet, can take you far beyond Mars.

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

bluesky
#25 Posted : 4/26/2014 8:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been fascinated by space since I was a child but I would not want to go to mars for life. Being forced to live in a small building and almost always be indoors would likely make me crazy in a few months.

anrchy
#26 Posted : 4/26/2014 10:44:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope. I think the idea of visiting other planets is awesome but going to one that doesn't already support our life requirements sounds like prison to me.

Now if there were another planet just like earth I would totally go and live there for awhile at least. The ultimate move! Imagine living on a healthy planet before humans have caused any damage at all. So primitive feeling! Then fight to keep it that way.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

un-known-ome
#27 Posted : 4/27/2014 1:56:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I know that the OP is referring to the Mars One Project, which is currently accepting or at least has accepted thousands of applications for civilians to go on the first manned voyage to Mars. A clause in the "contract" says that you cannot expect to return fro Mars once you are there. Right.............

For the OP, the Mars One Project is the biggest pile of steaming feces that any billionaire entrepreneur has ever dreamt up. Purely by my skills of deductive reasoning, I know that it is a bunch of nonsense, will not get off the ground, and is a scam--a fairly elaborate scam. If you were hedging your bets on going, I'm sorry to break it to you like this.

To answer your question, however, no. No I would not go to Mars. **** that.
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

Anodyne
#28 Posted : 4/27/2014 2:16:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Only if Kim Stanley Robinson gets to run the place, he seems to have put some thought into it... Very happy

hug46
#29 Posted : 4/27/2014 2:22:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

un-known-ome wrote:

Would you change your mind if they had decent TV there?

Orion
#30 Posted : 4/27/2014 4:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No.

As soon as the novelty wears off you are bored as hell on a red rock in harsh conditions. It would suck. There's nothing living there for a reason.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

DoingKermit
#31 Posted : 4/27/2014 5:41:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope. I love Earth waaaay too much!

un-known-ome
#32 Posted : 4/27/2014 7:34:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
un-known-ome wrote:

Would you change your mind if they had decent TV there?

Are you referring to the Mars reality TV show that has been suggested? Yes. I am serious.

The Mars One initiative plans to have the first settlement on Mars in 2023. You read that correctly. 2023, even though they haven't even started working on it. But WAIT! There's more. They will broadcast a Mars Reality TV show once the colony is established. And what's even more, is that some earthlings have bought into this hook, line, and sinker. Never mind that the technology doesn't exist, and that Mars One doesn't have a fraction of the funding that they need. Never mind all that...nonsense. We're going to Mars!!!!!

You know what, I've changed my mind. I've now officially given up on humanity. I do want to go to Mars. Send me there alone, preferably, on a one way trip. My bags are packed.
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

Jarppi
#33 Posted : 4/27/2014 9:37:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Give me a bio-dome kind of a setup (sans Pauly Shore please) with enough seeds and livestock for both food and recreation, highspeed internet and a few suicide girls for company and I'll sign the papers right now.
"Do more of what makes you happy"

hardboiled
#34 Posted : 4/27/2014 11:03:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hell yeah! If i was my own clone i would!Stop Plus 7 virgins for each day in a week to keep be grounded.Big grin Twisted Evil
หWhat you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.ห - ?

muladharma
#35 Posted : 8/1/2020 9:17:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Herbaldreams wrote:
Tripping out in nature wouldnt be the same without a forest and animals around. Plus it'd be trickier sourcing and growing all of the plants I want to grow on Mars. I'd like to check it out and all, but I dont think a Martian desert is the place I'd want to spend the rest of my life.

First thing I think about is the well-being of my DNA-possessing relatives, like animals.
I might go without returning if their well-being was guaranteed, I'd stay to help make it guaranteed otherwise.
Find the wisdom to practice loving-kindness.

sbios
#36 Posted : 8/27/2020 5:00:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We can still save the Earth environment if we put as much efforts in. That being said, life on Earth is still far better than Mars for at least hundreds of years (if we wake up to the dire situations we're in now).

dragonrider
#37 Posted : 8/27/2020 8:32:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Theoretically i think you could reproduce the mars experience in your backyard if you have enough gravel like they use in tenniscourts.

antares
#38 Posted : 8/27/2020 9:10:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I certainly would if I didn't have a wife and kids. It would be the ultimate hermit's retreat. Somewhere to look deeply inwards without distraction.

Jees
#39 Posted : 8/27/2020 10:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antares wrote:
I certainly would if I didn't have a wife and kids. It would be the ultimate hermit's retreat. Somewhere to look deeply inwards without distraction.
One can start with vision quests or similar, periods of being alone with no distractions from the regular world. No rocket needed to get something going. Some organisations offer incentives you can subscribe to.
One example: https://fuegosagrado.eu/visionquest
Quote:
...The fasting, abstaining from drinking and eating for a time, keep the silence, the opportunity to meditate in order to amplify our senses in order to receive instructions that we are looking for, the โ€˜isolation or loneliness looking to get into intimate contact with nature, are all practices that human beings have perpetuated since the ancient times.

I've spoken people who did it this way several times, and they consider the vision quests a pinnacle of their spiritual path, to be repeated and increased in duration. On an almost equal place of importance: singing (e.g. icaro's)

AikyO
#40 Posted : 8/28/2020 10:36:45 AM

Neล KyK ฤ–ntheลŒnaut

I don't. As it appears to me I am simply an extension of the Earth, going to another planet would be like ripping my body of its veins. Now that is not a very pleasant thing, surely.

'think by rivers side will suit me just well, things tend to change rather constantly down there.
ๅฎ‰ๅฟƒ็ฒพ็ฅž่Š็ฐกๅ˜ๅธๅŽๅ‰้€ฒ
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

PREV123NEXT