We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Citrus Spice Color Swatches(D-limonene spice Pix) Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 5/1/2009 4:47:29 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Swim found this lovely picture of some spice extracted with the dry d-limonene tek - it smells wonderfull and smokes perfectly.
Swim took his final product after it had been dried and added d-limonene to it expecting for all the freebase to dissolve but not all of it did - perhaps the jungle undergoes changes on drying that make it not soluble in d-limonene anymore idk.
the warm d-limonene was agitated on the freebase goo and once it had disolved as much goo as possible it was put aside and fresh d-limonene was added - this came off mostly clean so swim evaporated the the d-limonene pulls to yeild the pile on the left, the goo that didnt disolve is in the center and on the far right - is from third pull freebased but untouched as standard comparison.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 5/1/2009 5:01:41 PM

The Root

i must mention mrs swim accidentally knocked over the d-limonene that was pulled off (forming the pile on the right) spilling perhaps 75% of its contents - so the actual ratio is off in this pic.

swim thinks the middle pile contains more jungle based on color

swim thinks he should repeat the proceedure after everything is 100% dried and aged for a few days.

This could be a route to separating the spice from the jungle
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 5/5/2009 8:13:59 AM

The Root

well all u ppl really suck - not even 1 comment - an update anyway tho - even tho nobody cares Smile

the spice is slowly starting to xtallize - little shards clearly visible and growing - that was quick Smile hope they get big.

any tips on how to make the xtals grow better - temps etc...
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 5/6/2009 8:25:54 AM

The Root

well just an update for myself i guess - the middle pile - the one assumed to contain more jungle is the only pile not to have started xtalizing yet - the other piles have xtals the size of sugar grains appearing - the middle one has nothing.

tips - teks - xtalizing proceedures - hello - anyone ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

nibpack
#5 Posted : 5/6/2009 9:22:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know anything about DMT, sorry. (WTH am I doing in the DMT nexus?!)
Nice pics though Phlux!
"My shoes are so far away from me, man I can't believe it!"

StarDust
#6 Posted : 5/7/2009 4:42:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

crystallizing can be helped by scraping around though you will form very small xtals and not nice big ones.

beautiful pictures Smile
all of StarDust's posts are fictional

Aegle
#7 Posted : 5/12/2009 3:35:41 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Such beautiful spice Phlux- Smile

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 5/12/2009 5:52:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's freebase? Is it possible that SWIY scraped it up too soon? Sometimes when SWIM converts his fumarate to freebase, he'll go through a stage where he has puddles of goo, but if he let's it sit long enough, he'll see it crystallize.