We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Suggestion for new subfora in Spirituality section Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 4/25/2014 4:16:35 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Death comes up as a theme here a lot.

We routinely commit ego Russian Rulette here and deal with the consequences.

This community is so large that we have had members die.

This community is so large that large numbers of us have had loved ones die within the past year or three.

Gotta say it, for if you live with one you know it's true - this section could include discussion and rememberances of lost pets.

It would be an area with sad, mournful posts and lots of support.

It would be a HUGE celebration of life. Funny, how that works. . . Maybe title it, "Death and Goodbyes, a Celebration of Life, Egos, People and Pets."
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 4/25/2014 5:27:33 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

It's an interesting idea although we already have subforums for personal announcements, help and advice for healing, health and lifestyle, and the spirituality subforums, so I'm not sure if we need a new one for the infrequent death-related thread. I'm not opposed to the idea though

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Pandora
#3 Posted : 4/25/2014 9:12:15 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

That is a very good point. Oh well, it was just an idea for a more specific area. I have experienced a number of losses lately and have one right in the shadows so I guess it was primary in my mind. And I recalled the time in chat a week or two ago when I dropped in and it seemed like half a dozen people had just had losses. From really direct, super painful stuff, to less direct, to totally expected, hehe, such as my 102 year old aunt. Wow she was cool, but yeah, it really was time to die. And all those memories were not lost like tears in the rain . . . ah, to be human, eh?

I do appreciate your spot on feedback universecannon. That's why ideas are put out. Not to be met with fear and loathing, not to hang the idea person out to dry. But, rather, for calm, rational discussion of the pros and cons.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

universecannon
#4 Posted : 4/25/2014 9:47:27 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yeah that was a weird day in the chat last week. Just a few hours before that conversation I had been at a relatives funeral that sort of sealed the deal of our old Cannon Family Farms demise, which had been in the family for 200 years but fell apart in the last decade or two due to the relatives who live there. It had a good run though.

That relative who died recently, he got shot down by the Germans back in WWII and was POW. The first thing they said to him when they picked him up out of the water where he crash landed was "Hey there Charlie!". He couldn't figure out how the hell they knew his name ^_^

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"