We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Most Beautiful Heart Options

MelCat
#1 Posted : 7/4/2011 10:05:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a story I found a long time ago and I always thought it was really beautiful and wanted to share it with everyone here at the Nexus.

I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

Quote:

The Most Beautiful Heart
author : unknown

One day a young man was standing in the middle of the town proclaiming that he had the most beautiful heart in the whole valley.

A large crowd gathered and they all admired his heart for it was perfect. There was not a mark or a flaw in it. Yes, they all agreed it truly was the most beautiful heart they had ever seen. The young man was very proud and boasted more loudly about his beautiful heart.

Suddenly, an old man appeared at the front of the crowd and said, "Why your heart is not nearly as beautiful as mine." The crowd and the young man looked at the old man's heart. It was beating strongly, but full of scars, it had places where pieces had been removed and other pieces put in, but they didn't fit quite right and there were several jagged edges. In fact, in some places there were deep gouges where whole pieces were missing.

The people stared ­ "How can he say his heart is more beautiful?" they thought.

The young man looked at the old man's heart and saw its state and laughed. "You must be joking," he said. "Compare your heart with mine, mine is perfect and yours is a mess of scars and tears."

"Yes," said the old man, "Yours is perfect looking but I would never trade with you. You see, every scar represents a person to whom have given my love - I tear out a piece of my heart and give it to them, and often they give me a piece of their heart which fits into the empty place in my heart, but because the pieces aren't exact, I have some rough edges, which I cherish, because they remind me of the love we shared."

"Sometimes I have given pieces of my heart away, and the other person hasn't returned a piece of his heart to me. These are the empty gouges - giving love is taking a chance. Although these gouges are painful, they stay open, reminding me of the love I have for these people too, and I hope someday they may return and fill the space I have waiting. So now do you see what true beauty is?"

The young man stood silently with tears running down his cheeks.

He walked up to the old man, reached into his perfect young and beautiful heart, and ripped a piece out. He offered it to the old man with trembling hands. The old man took his offering, placed it in his heart and then took a piece from his old scarred heart and placed it in the wound in the young man's heart. It fit, but not perfectly, as there were some jagged edges.

The young man looked at his heart, not perfect anymore but more beautiful than ever, since love from the old man's heart flowed into his.

They embraced and walked away side by side.
MelCat attached the following image(s):
broken-heart-940.jpg (38kb) downloaded 300 time(s).
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

knowledge
#2 Posted : 7/5/2011 12:13:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Amazing post i really enjoyed it, Thank you for sharing.
Free your mind from the anchors of reality! There is no bad trip's, only a lesson to be learned.

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#3 Posted : 7/5/2011 12:57:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you =) its inspiring!
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

Anenergyhealer
#4 Posted : 7/5/2011 9:07:39 AM

London Shaman

a very inspiring story, i like it alot
Greazyyy

MelCat
#5 Posted : 11/17/2012 7:19:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Old post but a wonderful story... Another bump for beauty. <3

acacian
#6 Posted : 11/17/2012 8:09:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks MelCat! beautiful post.. such a touching read and made me feel a lot better about the things which have broken my heart in the past and my outlook on them today. Smile Love

Jin
#7 Posted : 11/17/2012 4:33:28 PM

yes

beautiful read Love
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

zombicyckel
#8 Posted : 11/18/2012 5:36:02 AM

Armchair activist

Amazing read! Even goosebumps : )

MelCat
#9 Posted : 9/17/2013 10:36:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't mean to Necrothread but I wanted to bump this for the folks that missed it. Love

dooby
#10 Posted : 9/17/2013 11:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And thank you for doing so Pleased

Beautiful story, very inspirational...

PLUR
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

3rdI
#11 Posted : 9/17/2013 11:26:12 AM

veni, vidi, spici

id missed it, thanks for the bump MelCat
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

MelCat
#12 Posted : 4/24/2014 9:46:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another bump for beauty..

null24
#13 Posted : 4/24/2014 10:34:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

And thank you again for doing so, again.

From those of us who missed it before.

Beautiful.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

poonja
#14 Posted : 4/24/2014 10:45:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you and God Bless. As Dorothy said "A heart is not measured by how much we love but by how much we are loved by others" Not completely true but meaningful nonetheless. Much depth on this forum.

Anarkid
#15 Posted : 4/24/2014 11:26:45 PM

Student of the Universe

MelCat wrote:
Don't mean to Necrothread but I wanted to bump this for the folks that missed it. Love

I'm very happy you did.
“Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

The glass is not half full or half empty. The glass is just too big.

Veritus
#16 Posted : 4/26/2014 1:20:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

very nice...thank you
"When it becomes a part of every man's thinking that a single thought can change the polarity of our entire body toward either life or death - and can likewise change its entire chemistry toward increasing alkalinity or acidity to strengthen it or weaken it - or can change the shape of every corpuscle of matter in the entire body in the direction of either growth or decay - then the medical profession will radically change both its principles and its practices with the ailment of bodies."

Walter Russell

WannaBeShaman
#17 Posted : 4/27/2014 2:23:10 PM

What is?

Yes thank you very much for bumping this again Smile I've never read it before and am glad I have now.

There should be a whole section of the forum for this type of post. We could call it the inspirational thread or something, because every time someone posts something like this, it inspires our hearts and lights up our internal hyperspace. Like that post about the power of forgiveness that was posted not too long ago, it just inspires something that is within all of us that we forget, and are in reality always trying to remember and be in touch with. Sometimes we read these things at the most appropriate times, like when we need them most.

MelCat
#18 Posted : 8/8/2014 8:56:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WannaBeShaman wrote:
Yes thank you very much for bumping this again Smile I've never read it before and am glad I have now.

There should be a whole section of the forum for this type of post. We could call it the inspirational thread or something, because every time someone posts something like this, it inspires our hearts and lights up our internal hyperspace. Like that post about the power of forgiveness that was posted not too long ago, it just inspires something that is within all of us that we forget, and are in reality always trying to remember and be in touch with. Sometimes we read these things at the most appropriate times, like when we need them most.

You actually inspired me to create a compilation thread with some of the other inspirational stuff I've posted over the years. I forgot where that inspiration came from until reading this thread again.

And for a bit more inspirational reading material, I'll add a poem? from the great Kahlil Gibran

Kahlil Gibran wrote:
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
Some of you say, "Joy is greater thar sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."
But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits, alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.
Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.
When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall.