We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3637383940NEXT»
VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc Options

trippingballs
#741 Posted : 4/10/2014 1:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Got mine today and have to say it lives up to all the hype well worth the investment. I fully endorse this product. Lol

The small torch lighter I bought for $10 is going in the backup bin and Im buying a cracker that works flawlessly this is most important as others have stressed.

The amount of vapour that comes is scary at first but I ended up getting 2 journeys out of 30mg.

Now I just need more spice.

Thanks great thread

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hiker
#742 Posted : 4/23/2014 3:42:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay final got to use my GVG yesterday, been wait to get over a sinus infection for 2 weeks now, still not completely well but couldn’t wait any longer! ☺

It was a very positive experience, nice easy breakthough. It did take a little bit to get it cooking but once it heated up it was a very cool smooth intake.

I put a stainless steel/pad on top of the two screens I had in it, but may add more. The spice still ran down into the base of the pipe, when I noticed this I did change the way I was holding the pipe from a upright to a more angled down slop. Still I have a fair bit of nice oil in the bend section there. See pics.

I was curious as to others hold method and the amount of stainless or copper mesh in the vape chamber. I made mine about the size of the ones I’ve seen images of, but there is plenty room in the chamber for a much larger piece.

Also I’m thinking that holding with a slight down angle will let the oil pool below the hole and continue to vape better by staying to the chamber closer to the ceramic.

Do you think it would be feasible to heat the elbow and run that back up into the chamber, or should I do a soak with some naphtha and try to reclaim it after a few sessions?

I used a Soto torch from REI http://www.rei.com/produ...806554/soto-pocket-torch for my flame.

Couldn't load images but this link might work for the pics...

https://www.dropbox.com/...xxhicdqwth3ik/30Zcjsg3MI

peace

3rdI
#743 Posted : 4/23/2014 3:58:21 PM

veni, vidi, spici

hello,

I would use more scrubber since there should be very little to no drip through.

you can reclaim the magic in the pipe by rinsing with IPA and then evaping it to leave the magic.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

anrchy
#744 Posted : 4/23/2014 5:45:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiker,

That looks like an awful lot of DMT. Is that all from one dose? How much are you loading at a time?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

gibran2
#745 Posted : 4/23/2014 7:23:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

@ hiker:

DMT vapor condenses very readily onto DMT residue.

All of that residue in the elbow of your GVG will result in most of each subsequent dose condensing.

Cleaning the GVG thoroughly after at least every few uses helps limit condensation of vapor. Cleaning after every use is even better!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

hiker
#746 Posted : 4/24/2014 12:51:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@3rdI, thanks for the IPA suggestion, is the 70% from the drug store good enough? I had thought of putting it in a zip lock and steaming it over boiling water and rolling it back into the chamber. But I really should clean my other little pipe plus the aluminum foil from the plastic bottle thing i used too. Being able to reclaim is great.

@anrchy, I'm not sure my little scale does 10ths but not real well. So I just scooped some in. I did a couple sessions with what I had loaded, was going for a 3rd but then realized how much time had passed and needed to move on in to the day.

@gibran, I was thinking about that. The residue will make a cool place and thus increase the cooling of the vapor.

But i really did like the cool draw of the hit on the GVG even thought I had to work it to get it going. Very smooth to what I had been using.

peace

3rdI
#747 Posted : 4/24/2014 4:10:35 PM

veni, vidi, spici

I think 70 will be OK, it will just take a little longer to evap.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

anrchy
#748 Posted : 4/25/2014 3:00:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you put enough DMT in your going to get leakage no matter what. I'm willing to bet that's most of the issue. Placing just the required amount for a single dose probably won't create the same result.

Really should get a scale. They are only $20.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

hiker
#749 Posted : 4/26/2014 12:52:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@anrchy, yeap volume and the loose disc was surely part of why so much ran through. I'll be getting a scale cause i do want to make some changa, plus be more efficient in my usage.

BeyondWords
#750 Posted : 5/21/2014 12:03:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@gibran2 can I ask why you heat the mesh before putting the spice in, rather than putting the spice in the melting it down? Would adding the spice first mean that it fell through and down into the pipe as it would not turn instantly to liquid?

You don't need your eyes to see, nor your skin to feel.

Jot
#751 Posted : 6/17/2014 3:05:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol I wonder how much of their business comes from the nexusBig grin

3rdI
#752 Posted : 6/17/2014 9:19:13 AM

veni, vidi, spici

morning all,

does anyone know if the ceramic filter attachment for the wooden VG will screw onto a normal bong bowl?

from the pics i have seen it looks like it will but i dont want to drop 40 notes on one if it ends up not fitting.

Cheers

edit- never mind i found out it needs and 18mm bowl.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

TiHKAL
#753 Posted : 6/17/2014 1:47:03 PM

Nullius in verba.

3rdI wrote:
morning all,

does anyone know if the ceramic filter attachment for the wooden VG will screw onto a normal bong bowl?

from the pics i have seen it looks like it will but i dont want to drop 40 notes on one if it ends up not fitting.

Cheers

edit- never mind i found out it needs and 18mm bowl.

No idea how large the VG filter attachement is nor do I have experiences with bongs but maybe this kind of attachement could be something that you are looking for?

Converter/Adapter

Idea from this thread.

3rdI
#754 Posted : 6/17/2014 2:00:58 PM

veni, vidi, spici

cheers TiHKAL, but i was after attaching the VG ceramic filter onto a regular metal bong bowl, turns out its 18mm so i just need to get an 18mm bowl if my bowl isnt this size.

i already have a GVG, i just wanted to play around with a vaping bong, im having second thought now and i may just dig out "The Key" i made a few years ago and use that and spend the 40 notes on something useful, like cake.

cheers anywayThumbs up

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Makyo
#755 Posted : 6/17/2014 8:03:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been reading and reading, and been using my VG classic quite a bit, but i'm still confused.

I load my VG quite heavily, i decided to weigh out 0,1gr and never seemed to realize how little this really is, i put MORE in my VG, i'm guessing 150mg. (scale goes only to 0,1, i'm going to invest in a more precise scale, a GVG, glass foam pellet, and torch lighter all at once, but it might take a while).

I put a layer of lavender, DMT, a lot, and another layer of lavender.
My friends had no trouble breaking through (after only one toke sometimes), i however need to take multiple tokes to get threshold effects.

I inhale long and slow, yet pretty hard, and use a Bic, but this worked for other people, not for me.

Am i doing something noticeably wrong here?
I'm afraid to hit the VG really hard because i've experienced burnt DMT before with the sandwich method and it tends to ruin the experience for a part.This method always worked very well though.

That's also the reason i switched to the VG, it's incredibly smooth, i also don't have that heavy DMT smell anymore, just faintly, is that normal?

I think hitting the VG harder might work much better, but i don't want to risk burning my DMT, even with the ceramic filter preventing this i think it's possible.

I know these are all beginners questions, i am however no beginner, but i seem to get stuck in bad smoking technique probably.

I know i'm probably annoying some people with this question, but i don't want to waste all my precious DMT any longer, i've been practicing my VG a lot, and been using a lot of DMT every time, and seem to be wasting it.
"Be Here Now"
“The Universe is worked and guided from within outwards.”

TiHKAL
#756 Posted : 6/17/2014 8:16:25 PM

Nullius in verba.

Please refrain from smoking any more DMT until you get a proper scale. Eyeballing the dose is incredibly dangerous and wasteful!

Using 100mg or even 150mg is ten times the dose that some people use on this board.

TEN TIMES!

If vaped correctly the experience could have an unpredictable toll on your mental health.

With a dose of 100-150mg most of the DMT is probably melting through as I believe to remember from a post by gibran.

Makyo
#757 Posted : 6/17/2014 8:28:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Tikhal.

I know i'm overdoing it, big time, but i want to break through, i'm kinda desperate now.
I've read in the thread by Olympus Mon, that loading 100mg is a good way to test.

Quote by Olympus Mon:

Quote:
Load at least 100mg or more but-
Warning- if your using a bong and really hit it hard it is possible to vape an entire 100mg hit, so please start off with a half solid bong rip until you know how it hits. 10"-12" inch bongs especially!

I'll keep your advice in mind, at the moment it's impossible for me to imagine i can break through on a 10 to 15mg dose, and i know people do it with success when using the GVG, i guess the difference with a classic VG can't be THAT much?, so it should work for me, but somehow it still didn't work.

The sandwich method works perfectly, although, i don't want to risk burning my DMT anymore.
"Be Here Now"

Makyo
#758 Posted : 6/17/2014 8:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Double post, sorry.
"Be Here Now"

TiHKAL
#759 Posted : 6/17/2014 8:42:39 PM

Nullius in verba.

Makyo wrote:
Thanks Tikhal.

I know i'm overdoing it, big time, but i want to break through, i'm kinda desperate now.
I've read in the thread by Olympus Mon, that loading 100mg is a good way to test.

Quote by Olympus Mon:

Quote:
Load at least 100mg or more but-
Warning- if your using a bong and really hit it hard it is possible to vape an entire 100mg hit, so please start off with a half solid bong rip until you know how it hits. 10"-12" inch bongs especially!

I'll keep your advice in mind, at the moment it's impossible for me to imagine i can break through on a 10 to 15mg dose, and i know people do it with success when using the GVG, i guess the difference with a classic VG can't be THAT much?, so it should work for me, but somehow it still didn't work.

The sandwich method works perfectly, although, i don't want to risk burning my DMT anymore.

No problem Makyo. well today, I was using my VG with the ceramic disc and was easily to break through with 20mg. You can read up on it in this thread.
My experience today was that the VG was equally if not better at vaporizing my spice compared to the GVG but that's just my opinion and needs further testing. The only explanation that I came up with so far is the shorter distance of the ceramic disc to the diffusor meaning that it'll vaporize faster as well as the narrow/short smoking tube allowing the vapor to be more concentrated.

I think that your mental state influences your ability to break through greatly. You shouldn't aim for a break through, be relaxed and enjoy the trips as they come.

I'm not sure if Olympus was writing this guide with a VG in mind. The VG is effective enough to vaporize a high amount of DMT and you are basically gambling on it being a bad tool.

If I were you, I'd start playing around with a dose of 15mg practicing your technique until you get CEV or even OEV.
Everything else seems a waste of DMT to me.

Makyo
#760 Posted : 6/17/2014 8:55:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes i'm definitely wasting my DMT somehow.

I'm still confused why my friends and even my wife have these profound experiences while i can't.

What i didn't try though is use it without lavender, and wireless steel or copper wire instead.
I've been searching for those ceramic pads, but can't find them here, but i did find glass foam pellets especially to vaporize liquids, when i make my order-GVG, torch lighter and scale- i'm including one of those glass foam pellets as well, but in the meantime i'll have to work with what i've got.

Glad to hear the VG works just as good as the GVG.
I'm going to rip harder next time, and see what happens, and will definitely put way less DMT in it when i try it without lavender, but 15 mg seems like such a tiny amount.Smile

I'm not underestimating it though, i've read some stuff, i know the true potential of DMT and treat it with the deepest respect, even though i haven't fully broken through i'm always anxious to hit the pipe, just in case, and i tend to never underestimate anything or anyone as a rule.

Thanks again Tikhal for your patience.Smile
"Be Here Now"

«PREV3637383940NEXT»