We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Best DMT d-limonene extraction Options

Maxax
#1 Posted : 4/25/2009 9:59:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is their any tek out there to get as many possible pure spice out of my MHRB ? Will this limonene be ok for the extraction http://kremer-pigmente.de/shopi...ng=ENG&product=70100?
I really whant that ultra pure dmt crystals !

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#2 Posted : 4/26/2009 1:01:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Ultra pure is a tough concept. What kind of purity do you need and why? 99.9% purity of any substance isolated from a plant is tough work without chromatography or recrystallization. Regardless most of the teks here using hexane/naptha achieve adeqeute purity for spice.

The problem with limonene is spice is too soluble in it to be recrystallized. So hence purity will be a bit less. Unless one does the whole fasa thing but swim never bothered any sorry i am rambling i am slightly drunk.

Maxax
#3 Posted : 4/26/2009 8:18:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My goal is nice white sparkling crystals ..

tolu
#4 Posted : 4/26/2009 11:21:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maxax wrote:
My goal is nice white sparkling crystals ..

Then you'd probably be better off using naphtha/heptane, freeze precipitating and recrystallizing.
Evaporating d-limonene will leave you with DMT acetate, a sticky/gooey mess.

Is there a particular reason you want white sparkling crystals?

Maxax
#5 Posted : 4/27/2009 5:31:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Because they look so nice + they seem nicer to smoke then a gooey mess Razz

endlessness
#6 Posted : 4/27/2009 1:57:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One can convert the dmt acetate to dmt freebase, by making a paste with sodium carbonate and then pulling with alcohol or limonene. SWIM didnt do this yet so he doesnt know exactly how clean the product comes but it should be reasonably clean, specially in the case of alcohol or very pure limonene. SWIM is dying to try this but doesnt have time.

tolu
#7 Posted : 4/27/2009 7:08:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't think anyone has gotten glass shard crystal freebase DMT with limonene yet.
Currently, my friend would only use limonene for pharmahuasca, you definitely wouldn't use it if you're aiming for the purest white sparkling crystals.
I imagine there would be a small product loss in the conversion to freebase as well.

soulfood
#8 Posted : 4/28/2009 12:38:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Maxax wrote:
Is their any tek out there to get as many possible pure spice out of my MHRB ? Will this limonene be ok for the extraction http://kremer-pigmente.de/shopi...ng=ENG&product=70100?
I really whant that ultra pure dmt crystals !

It sounds good. SWIM has ordered some himself. He acquired some limonene from another site but it was a little yellow.

Worked just great for a mescaline extraction, but was having trouble using it for bufotenine. So to get good DMT out of D-limonene you really need it as pure as you can as limonene impurities get into everything and don't like to vacate the premises.

That said, for a good DMT recrystaliztion, you may want to use a typical solvent like hexane, butane etc.

tryptographer
#9 Posted : 5/2/2009 9:19:36 PM

tryptamine photographer

What also might work is to pull the DMT from the limonene (assuming this was used to extract it from the bark) into an acid , which can then be used again to pull more. Then basify the acid and extract from that with naphta (warm) and freeze-precipitate.

I find the bad solubility of DMT in naphta a disadvantage when extracting from the bark... good for purifying but not the best for primary extraction. Limonene may be best for that but I haven't gotten my hands on it yet so I can't testify...

tolu
#10 Posted : 5/3/2009 3:23:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

tryptographer wrote:
What also might work is to pull the DMT from the limonene (assuming this was used to extract it from the bark) into an acid , which can then be used again to pull more. Then basify the acid and extract from that with naphta (warm) and freeze-precipitate.

If his goal is simply to obtain sparkling white crystals; what's the point in using limonene and doing all these extra steps when the same outcome can be achieved by just using naphtha with no extra steps?

HappyCamper
#11 Posted : 5/3/2009 4:37:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is a very sweet site, thanks

tryptographer
#12 Posted : 5/3/2009 7:02:36 PM

tryptamine photographer

tolu wrote:
If his goal is simply to obtain sparkling white crystals; what's the point in using limonene and doing all these extra steps when the same outcome can be achieved by just using naphtha with no extra steps?

Well, the topic starter brought up the limonene, I was assuming he was using it. You're right it's not necessary for sparkling white crystals.

Nice tip: Kremer Pigmente, a huge collection of pigments and other sart materials, thanks Maxax!

tolu
#13 Posted : 5/4/2009 4:30:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

tryptographer wrote:
Well, the topic starter brought up the limonene, I was assuming he was using it. You're right it's not necessary for sparkling white crystals.

Yeah, I believe Maxax mistakenly thought that limonene was good for crystal formation.

Freeze precipitating will give you the crystals you desire Smile

balaganist
#14 Posted : 5/12/2009 2:25:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tryptographer wrote:

Nice tip: Kremer Pigmente, a huge collection of pigments and other sart materials, thanks Maxax!

On a side note about Kremer Pigmente - please be sure to confirm with them shipping costs... My friend just had a bit of minor trouble with them as they sent him some Limonene before he had payed OR agreed to shipping cost; shipping ended up being 4X the cost of the product! (to UK)
The matter has been settled amicably now..

balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Aegle
#15 Posted : 5/12/2009 2:58:44 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Maxax wrote:
Because they look so nice + they seem nicer to smoke then a gooey mess Razz

That gooey stuff is awesome its kind of like smoking orange honey. The naturally extracted spice using d-limonene from Mimosa Hostilis root bark has such a yummy smell. For me who needs crystals when you can have beautiful smokable natural spice which looks like honey and smells like oranges. Plus the experience does seem to vary a lot depending on which spice you smoke i have only experienced the natural spice, the unnaturally extracted spice seems a lot harsher from what i have observed.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

tryptographer
#16 Posted : 5/13/2009 9:50:08 PM

tryptamine photographer

Yummy, spice orange honey oil! Yes, limonene is at the top of the list of things-to-get.
And for the bark extraction it's probably superior to naphta because DMT is much more soluble in limonene than naphta.

Quote:
please be sure to confirm with them shipping costs...

Ah, thanks for the tip, I was just about to order some items... huge pigment selection too, being a painter I always make paint myself.

And: they also sell zinc dust! Time to start reducing that harmine, harmaline, dmt n-oxide...