We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT Referenced on a Children's Show! Options

Entheogenerator
#1 Posted : 4/22/2014 11:17:06 PM

Homo discens

OK so I have been a Nexus member for some time, and I will admit that I still don't know how to embed YouTube videos... Embarrased Me is not so smart with compooterz.

But alas, I recently stumbled upon this DMT reference in a children's cartoon on Cartoon Network!! I have never been a watcher of this program, but I have seen tidbits here and there. I always got the impression that the makers of this show were "in the know", so to speak, due to some semi-psychedelic themes and imagery in the program. What do you think?

EDIT: Thanks, Adam!

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 4/22/2014 11:27:05 PM

Game Master

Awesome!!!
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

anrchy
#3 Posted : 4/22/2014 11:52:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your kidding me. This made it on TV?! Wow
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

#4 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:17:28 AM

Game Master

Brave new world, friends and neighbors, Brave New World.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

cave paintings
#5 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:23:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think someone else posted this before on here. I believe his pet toad is named Bufo also, - perhaps a subtle reference to our 5-meo-dmt containing friend Bufo alvarius. Then again Bufonidae is the toad family, so it could be general.. but I'd be willing to bet some writers are in the know Wink
Living to Give

Nathanial.Dread
#6 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:27:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To be fair, Adventure Time (while technically a kids show) is mostly watched (and realistically aimed at) college-aged stoners.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

#7 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:59:51 AM

Game Master

Try THIS on for size............Don't lick a hunchback unless you're willing to deal with the High! You'll have to click the magic link to see what I mean.......

indydude19
#8 Posted : 4/23/2014 1:03:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
To be fair, Adventure Time (while technically a kids show) is mostly watched (and realistically aimed at) college-aged stoners.

Blessings
~ND

Agreed, though not much of a stoner anymore, i certainly enjoy that show whenever its on. Its a cartoon that belongs in the 90s with rin and stimpy, and pinky and the brain lol Stop

EDIT: Superjail and ESPECIALLY Off the Air are pretty trippy shows. Especially off the air, if you haven't seen any clips of it, go to youtube and check them out, some real crazy stuff that i would never have thought to see on t.v.

Were talking Drugaschussettes weird, less drug oriented and maybe a little weirder, with off the air.
I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I became human. Then why fear disappearance through death? Next time I shall die, Bring forth wings and feathers like angels; After that, soaring higher than angels-- What you cannot imagine, I shall be that.

Any speakings written are the purely fictional ramblings of an illiterate grande taco, and are false in the face of truth when judged by the all-father. They are in no way real.

Entheogenerator
#9 Posted : 4/23/2014 1:33:33 AM

Homo discens

112233 wrote:
Try THIS on for size............Don't lick a hunchback unless you're willing to deal with the High! You'll have to click the magic link to see what I mean.......

I'm with the birds man... WTF did I just watch?? Laughing
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Entheogenerator
#10 Posted : 4/23/2014 1:35:05 AM

Homo discens

Nathanial.Dread wrote:

Blessings
~ND

This is true, but still... It is on Cartoon Network during the their daytime (non-Adult Swim) programming. And though many college-agers watch it, a lot of children watch it as well.

#11 Posted : 4/23/2014 2:04:13 AM

Game Master

Entheogenerator wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:

Blessings
~ND

This is true, but still... It is on Cartoon Network during the their daytime (non-Adult Swim) programming. And though many college-agers watch it, a lot of children watch it as well.

We underestimate the power of cartoons on the wet cement of the child's mind.

Metanoia
#12 Posted : 4/23/2014 6:42:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I watched several seasons of this show and generally enjoyed it. There's some good messages interspersed throughout.

Continuum
#13 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:35:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

112233 wrote:
Entheogenerator wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:

Blessings
~ND

We underestimate the power of cartoons on the wet cement of the child's mind.

Kids definitely watch this show. My boys are preschool and junior high age, and they and most of their friends watch. My older son picks up on the references, while the little one just thinks it's wild and awesome. Adventure Time is one of the few I'll watch with them, so we can add at least one mid-30's mom to the demographic, though I suspect there are many more Gen-X parents getting a kick out of this one with the kiddos.
Forge a Path with Heart <3

fred green
#14 Posted : 4/23/2014 1:05:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I love this show, even though they use the Strassman, Rogan pineal gland dmt.
Justin Roiland ,from Adventuretime and Dan Harmon from Community
have produced a new cartoon called Rick and Morty.
It's full of cross dimensional space travel,maybe some folks here might like that kind of thing.

adam
#15 Posted : 4/23/2014 3:59:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you make a post, above the text box there is another smaller box with options like bolding your txt and font color. In the upper right hand corner of that box there is another little box [BB/] click that, it gives you this
---> [YOUTUBE]paste address here[/YOUTUBE] paste your link address in between

Yes this is probably one of the best cartoons ever Very happy

indydude19
#16 Posted : 4/23/2014 4:58:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fred green wrote:

Justin Roiland ,from Adventuretime and Dan Harmon from Community
have produced a new cartoon called Rick and Morty. video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/
It's full of cross dimensional space travel,maybe some folks here might like that kind of thing.

Muscle man's pranks can kill!
I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I became human. Then why fear disappearance through death? Next time I shall die, Bring forth wings and feathers like angels; After that, soaring higher than angels-- What you cannot imagine, I shall be that.

Any speakings written are the purely fictional ramblings of an illiterate grande taco, and are false in the face of truth when judged by the all-father. They are in no way real.

Entheogenerator
#17 Posted : 4/23/2014 7:49:27 PM

Homo discens

adam wrote:
When you make a post, above the text box there is another smaller box with options like bolding your txt and font color. In the upper right hand corner of that box there is another little box [BB/] click that, it gives you this
---> [YOUTUBE]paste address here[/YOUTUBE] paste your link address in between

Yes this is probably one of the best cartoons ever Very happy

Thanks!

SynKyd
#18 Posted : 4/23/2014 11:00:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's awesome, and think I bought my teenager a ton of that shows merch for Christmas, I had no idea we had such similar interests-
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

aetherbound
#19 Posted : 4/24/2014 2:14:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I absolutely LOVE Rick and Morty. It has great writing and in one short season matured nicely.
It is on Adult Swim and is very adult...Laughing
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

Herbaldreams
#20 Posted : 4/24/2014 2:22:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought they didn't make good childrens cartoons anymore until I saw Adventure Time. It doesnt suprise me at all that they would throw a reference like that in there. That shows pretty tripped out.

12NEXT