We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Carrier Wave permanently ringing Options

onani
#1 Posted : 3/15/2014 8:43:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

I had my first DMT experience about 1 month ago. I did not break through, but was very close. Backed out last second and exhaled because it was a little too intense. The carrier wave was very loud and I hear it every time I do dmt, even with small doses. Now here's the thing, after that firs time... I can now ALWAYS hear a ringing in my ears, the exact same pitch as the carrier wave. I can focus on it, and it actually helps me relax a bit, and makes clearing my mind during meditation much much more easy. On mild DMT trips I also focus on the carrier wave and it helps take me further into the trip.

It does slightly other me that the high pitched ringing is now ALWAYS there. I don't think this is normal lol. Anyone else have anything similar? probably nothing to worry about, right?

Thanks!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SynKyd
#2 Posted : 3/15/2014 9:04:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you had a hearing test? It could be unrelated to DMT use and could be a sign of other health issues.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

onani
#3 Posted : 3/15/2014 11:33:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No hearing test since Elementary School. I don't have any hearing problems though. I hear just fine, so the ringing doesn't really interfere with it, but it's just always there in the background. Definitely worth talking to a doctor though. Also the hearing is extra loud in the few hours after the DMT trips. Hence why I think there may be a connection.

mysotope
#4 Posted : 3/16/2014 1:13:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just want to say that I have had a permanent ringing as you describe as well. Been nearly 2 years now and still there. At first I was worried, but now I just learn to ignore it. Sometimes I focus on it and it helps me get to sleep.
It is especially noticeable when everything is quiet.

Started for me after one of my trips, and hasn't gone away since. I don't think you should be too worried.

Cakeslam
#5 Posted : 3/16/2014 1:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's weird, is it the same kind of tinnitus you would get from listening to too much loud music? I have mild tinnitus but I only notice it when I go to bed, and even then I forget about it after a while. Might be worth going to the doctor just for a check.

Molech
#6 Posted : 3/16/2014 1:40:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like tinnitus to me. Dont stand near the speakers.

also, i think sometimes when i stand near corners i can hear wifi. perhaps you got to many gadgets creating waves in your room.

being tired can give your ears feedback too

onani
#7 Posted : 3/16/2014 11:32:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

mysotope wrote:
I just want to say that I have had a permanent ringing as you describe as well. Been nearly 2 years now and still there. At first I was worried, but now I just learn to ignore it. Sometimes I focus on it and it helps me get to sleep.
It is especially noticeable when everything is quiet.

Started for me after one of my trips, and hasn't gone away since. I don't think you should be too worried.

Ok, good. Wanted to make sure there was at least one other person that had this. I can focus on it, and it does give me a calmness and free up my mind of thoughts, so I can't really complain. Just found it strange because it happened immediately after I did DMT for the first time.

It sounds like tinnitus, but it is 100% because of the DMT. If it affects my life or bothers me, i'll get it checked out.

Thanks!!

bindu
#8 Posted : 3/17/2014 1:42:32 AM

onani wrote:
Hello all,

I had my first DMT experience about 1 month ago. I did not break through, but was very close. Backed out last second and exhaled because it was a little too intense. The carrier wave was very loud and I hear it every time I do dmt, even with small doses. Now here's the thing, after that firs time... I can now ALWAYS hear a ringing in my ears, the exact same pitch as the carrier wave. I can focus on it, and it actually helps me relax a bit, and makes clearing my mind during meditation much much more easy. On mild DMT trips I also focus on the carrier wave and it helps take me further into the trip.

It does slightly other me that the high pitched ringing is now ALWAYS there. I don't think this is normal lol. Anyone else have anything similar? probably nothing to worry about, right?

Thanks!

I personally have never heard what people describe a carrier wave, "just" some calibration of sorts.

In any case, there is a branch of yoga, or lets say a group of techniques from the tantras; which is called nada yoga.
Basically its sound yoga, perhaps people which practice those techniques can tell you more about it. Should be pretty normal to them to hear inner sounds like that.
blessed be all forms of intelligence

rayustsolaris
#9 Posted : 3/17/2014 2:53:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I have heard the sound for over 25 years, and I believe it was definitely connected with psychedelic use, because it started right after I started taking psychedelics - lysergic in particular. It also had some connection with listening to loud music, as I played drums in a band, and would really get into listening to music while tripping. It is a constant sound, and I have to take a prescription med to help me sleep due to the loudness of the sound. I actually took up the bass guitar, because the lower frequency-vibration helped counteract the high frequency tone.

But I do think it has to do with awakening psychic centers. The Hindus have known this for a long time, and they developed nada yoga, as the previous poster mentioned, to tune into these inner sounds, which are actually subtle sounds that pervade all space. When you raise your vibrations, through the use of psychedelics, or meditation, you start tuning into the universal Mind, which contains an infinitude of vibrations, and these become audible to psychic or self awareness. And they can be very blissful sounds. But....these inner sounds are supposed to awaken naturally through the course of personal development, and psychedelic use can awaken these sounds prematurely, and become overwhelming if one is not prepared for it. Which I think happened to me. I wanted to experience the highest high possible, and I chose the psychedelic route, and did copious amounts of lysergic over a short period, which opened a channel for that high-pitched tone to become manifest.

It's a real high frequency tone that I hear most of the time. But there are other sounds that I also hear on occasion. These different sounds are associated with different levels or planes of consciousness. The more you become subjectively aware, the more sounds you will hear. The sounds "out there" can then be heard "in here." The consciousness of the universal Mind becomes reflected in your consciousness. As they say, 'the Macrocosm is in the microcosm (man).' We are here to tune into those infinite vibrations, and help others tune into them. Unrestrained psychedelic use can cause problems down the road. I think it is maybe a good idea to take them in a sacred context, as a sacrament. Seems that is what the indigenous Amazonian people take them for.

FloorFan
#10 Posted : 3/17/2014 7:00:02 PM

Off, Low, Medium, or High?

I had tinnitus all my life. I first noticed it when sleeping in my parents room as a very young child after a nightmare. As kids we slept with a floor fan running in the hallway to block out noises. My parents did not use one in their room. That's how I learned gray or brown noise cancels it out. I've slept with a floor fan my whole life. I hear 1 to 4 or 5 tones at once, every second of every day. It's easy to tone out when there is any kind of noise. They are very very high pitch and the different tones can fade in volume and intensity.

It wasn't ever a comforting thing for me. This is perhaps from my OCD (actual obsessive compulsive disorder, not the popular crap control freaks try to say they have) as I'll focus on it incessantly till it consumes me. Same thing with anything rustling while sleeping. This is the only problem with a floor fan running at night. It can blow loose things around and drive me nuts while trying to sleep. (Yes, my avatar has SOME relevance to this. Not a lot, as he's a fan of the floor, but yeah.)

Don't know if this adds anything to the conversation, just my experience.

* Everything I write is made up tripe: whispers of wind coming off the blades in my face for I am a fictional man with a floor fan for a brain pan.

Say something to my face, I have no choice, but to replace my reply, with your Darth Vader voice!

onani
#11 Posted : 3/19/2014 4:50:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting! I feel like I can relate more to the psychedelic induced one than the tinnitus. It definitely doesn't other me, and I can usually tune it out quite easily. I can basically only hear it when it is dead quiet, or if i focus. And it happens to be the exact same pitch as the carrier wave that takes over every time i smoke even small amounts of DMT.

Look forward to doing LSD and shrooms in the next little while to see if these have any effect on it. Should be interesting

Rising Spirit
#12 Posted : 3/19/2014 3:39:37 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

onani wrote:
... I can now ALWAYS hear a ringing in my ears, the exact same pitch as the carrier wave. I can focus on it, and it actually helps me relax a bit, and makes clearing my mind during meditation much much more easy. On mild DMT trips I also focus on the carrier wave and it helps take me further into the trip.

Not to worry friend, this is not ordinary tinnitus, which is a physical anomaly usually caused by damage to the material eardrums. When I was a lad of 10, I had water on the ear and the infection caused tinnitus for a few months afterwards. The two are not the same. Granted, there is a similarity in tonal pitch. But be assured, this is an indicator that you have tuned-in to higher frequencies of energy at play. I am hearing it now, even as I type these words. It is my constant companion and my guardian angel (kinda, sorta... don't mean to come off all religious and/or New Age flakey). It's language is of cosmic proportions and is a wondrous gift to receive. It's of primary importance not to fight against it. Go with the sound and discover it's original source. Admittedly, it may cause insomnia or even in some cases, panic attacks but I urge anyone who is graced by this sonic phenomenon, to embrace it enthusiastically and explore it further. Consider it a blessing in disguise, a psychic gift of sorts, as it surely is! Thumbs up

bindu wrote:
In any case, there is a branch of yoga, or lets say a group of techniques from the tantras; which is called nada yoga.
Basically its sound yoga, perhaps people which practice those techniques can tell you more about it. Should be pretty normal to them to hear inner sounds like that.

Absolutely! I have been practicing Kriya Yoga and Nada Yoga meditation, since 1979 and I feel that it is a direct pathway into the realm of unbound, Infinite Consciousness. I first encountered this high-pitched ringing tone in 1974, when I initially began to do Seon Buddhist sitting meditation (Korean Zen). It incrementally got louder and more present in my life, as the months unfolded. At first, it really bothered me. In fact, I thought I was going crazy at the tender age of 16 years old!!! Regardless of whether or not I am insane (I remain quite neutral on my own mental status, as I like to think I am an objective person), learning to live with this condition became a very, very beautiful and most fruitful continuum.

When I became a regular pot smoker, the ringing became synonymous with being "buzzed". One of my indicators as to the potency of the herb imbibed, is the increase in volume and oscillation of this ringing tonality. Psychedelics like: LSD, mescaline and psilocybin mushrooms, certainly blew the lid off of the proverbial pot!!! DMT is even more so, a direct catalyst to this powerful experience. Entheogens thrust the witness of one's experience to encounter new realities, add infinitum, as does meditation training (at a much more gradual pace). The interior realm of traversing through these inner sounds perceivable, is the journey of a lifetime and beyond... and it became crystal clear to me, that these inner sounds are direct echoes of primal, universal workings.

BTW, have any of you heard the sound of Saturn's rings, recorded by satellite transmissions? There are definitive parallels with the enigmatic song of the Carrier Wave, for sure. Everything arises from this eternal sound and that is a miraculous thing, indeed. Cool

rayustsolaris wrote:
But I do think it has to do with awakening psychic centers. The Hindus have known this for a long time, and they developed nada yoga, as the previous poster mentioned, to tune into these inner sounds, which are actually subtle sounds that pervade all space. When you raise your vibrations, through the use of psychedelics, or meditation, you start tuning into the universal Mind, which contains an infinitude of vibrations, and these become audible to psychic or self awareness. And they can be very blissful sounds. But....these inner sounds are supposed to awaken naturally through the course of personal development, and psychedelic use can awaken these sounds prematurely, and become overwhelming if one is not prepared for it. Which I think happened to me. I wanted to experience the highest high possible, and I chose the psychedelic route, and did copious amounts of lysergic over a short period, which opened a channel for that high-pitched tone to become manifest.

It's a real high frequency tone that I hear most of the time. But there are other sounds that I also hear on occasion. These different sounds are associated with different levels or planes of consciousness. The more you become subjectively aware, the more sounds you will hear. The sounds "out there" can then be heard "in here." The consciousness of the universal Mind becomes reflected in your consciousness. As they say, 'the Macrocosm is in the microcosm (man).' We are here to tune into those infinite vibrations, and help others tune into them. Unrestrained psychedelic use can cause problems down the road. I think it is maybe a good idea to take them in a sacred context, as a sacrament. Seems that is what the indigenous Amazonian people take them for.

Yes, this is spot-on! There are several schools of meditation which deal directly with said sound frequency, in the process of deep meditation practice. Hindus, Sufis and Sikhs all use these tones as an avenue to ascend into the higher realms of existential being. As has been stated, Nada Yoga is the path of traversing into higher and still higher vibratory oscillations of the Sound Current. All sound is the product of the OM or AUM vibration.

Adherents to this form of meditative training, utilize this phenomenon to travel spiritually, deeper and still deeper into the essence of this magikal tone. Surat Shabd Yoga, as practiced by followers of the Radhasoami Faith or Sant Mat, also train within this esoteric tradition, which focuses directly upon this manifestation, as well as the Inner Light. It's important to me to follow the Sacred Sound Current to it's source, through harnessing attention directly at the Ajna chakra, Mind's Eye or The Third Eye.

Although, realistically in this instance, it is more the The Third Ear, which we are discussing. but all of our senses conjoin at this point, drawing our conscious-awareness beyond the confines of the physical world. This vortexial center calls the soul of mankind to be lifted aloft, higher into the subtle realms of Universal Mind, the Unified Field of Being, the Omniself or simply/religiously, God. Not that old Biblical authority figure, rather, the Cosmic Intelligence which manifests as our reality and many others. And IMHO, this high-pitched ringing is music. Music of the soul and the song of Divine Love, calling us to unite through direct immersion (love in it's highest, purest form).

Many folks who do not use entheogens at all, via mantra repetition or attention upon the breath, experience this when practicing meditation (and are often confused by it's seemingly constant presence). But don't be worried, as I said before, it is a signpost of sorts, signalling that you/I/we are moving into more transcendent levels of conscious-awareness.

In a nut-shell, it is an open invitation to go with the sound and follow it beyond the realm of personal subjectivity and eclipse with the Godhead or Paramatman. Upon traversing deepest into this frequency with unwavering focus and a crystalline, fixed attention, a shift occurs in our perception and a new intensity blooms exponentially... as one arrives at The Roaring Silence. I feel that we ought to explore this wholly universal tone, for it leads to the Supreme State, the undifferentiated and Absolute nature of Brahman. Big grin

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Rising Spirit
#13 Posted : 3/19/2014 8:24:47 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Hey Guys,

This is another thread here at the Nexus, about the Carrier Wave, well worth a look see: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&m=521864#521864

Listen carefully and go deeper into the tone, RS
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

DeepThink
#14 Posted : 3/19/2014 10:06:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As a producer of music I am hearing weird stuff all the time around me. However I hear the carrier signal and have since I was young in the absence of sound. This is tinnitus in most cases. Check out this article: http://www.scientificame...at-causes-ringing-in-th/

Also - worse than this - I've developed exploding head syndrome from 16 years of loud sound and total exhaustion: http://en.wikipedia.org/.../Exploding_head_syndrome

It's like hearing a room full of electrical transformers explode inside your head the moment you fall asleep.

Infectedstyle
#15 Posted : 3/20/2014 12:56:57 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

Thank you all for this thread, i had a intense ringing and it lessened as soon as i started reading from RisingSpirit.!

@DeepThink.. ?hmm... I'm going to have to come back to that. Going to bed now.

onani
#16 Posted : 3/20/2014 2:19:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Deepthink - That sounds pretty bad. I read the exploding head syndrome thing, and it would be a nightmare. I've always had a tough time sleeping anyway, this would just add to the frustration.

Risingspirit - WOW, thanks for all the insight. I do feel like the ringing is helping me tune in to something. Just not sure what yet. Last night when I got off work, I almost couldn't wait to go home so I can be in a dark and quiet place and focus on the sound as I meditated. I barely notice it during the day unless I focus on it, and at night it is calming.

I guess this sound being permanently there is something I am going to have to explore further.

۩
#17 Posted : 3/20/2014 3:04:22 AM

DeepThink wrote:

Also - worse than this - I've developed exploding head syndrome from 16 years of loud sound and total exhaustion: http://en.wikipedia.org/.../Exploding_head_syndrome

It's like hearing a room full of electrical transformers explode inside your head the moment you fall asleep.

I had no idea this was actually a thing. Reading the Wiki page it makes sense considering I have busted eustachian tubes. I used to get this every night during a long harmala vaporization experiment. I was listening to a lot of loud music on some closed-ear beyerdynamic heaphones during that period. I thought I was just getting sucked up into an exploding wormhole. (I still do)

This would also happen after insufflating way too much MDMA for up to a week afterward. One night I even found myself seeing UPSIDE DOWN. Literally. My entire vision was flipped. I stopped doing it for a while after that and will never insufflate MDMA again. Ear infections are no joke.

The older I get the louder the ringing gets. One of these days it's just gonna swallow me and that's all right.

Infectedstyle
#18 Posted : 3/20/2014 11:24:19 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

100mg dmt? something exploded. sucked into a vortex. almost. body disappitates and makes way for something different. Ternece flashbacks. Birth of something. snakes crawling through my veins/tubes. Literally reality Opens up and makes way for another dimension with some sort of doorway in my throat chakra. 100% certain.

very cold black hole feeling. this is how i came to think of a cryogenic theory of what was before and during the big bang.

mdma sounds more dangerous. when i force thoughts this crap starts to happen and this i the reason i stay away from that.

going to sleep sorry but i needed to get that off my chest.

Something completely unrelated and maybe nothing but.. Mister or mistress.. (idk ! ^^) OP.. Have you tried dream herbs when you hear the ringing tone? I have just found out the power of Valerian and Calea Z.. And i am wowed!
I wonder what happens when you focus the ringing as well and try to find its source.

I don't actually sleep on these herbs. not often. The magic happens when you more or less are awake and notice the dream state. I think i made an energy ball last night on valerian. other people where able to see it! wow..

۩
#19 Posted : 4/9/2014 6:13:34 AM

FloorFan wrote:
I had tinnitus all my life. I first noticed it when sleeping in my parents room as a very young child after a nightmare. As kids we slept with a floor fan running in the hallway to block out noises. My parents did not use one in their room. That's how I learned gray or brown noise cancels it out. I've slept with a floor fan my whole life. I hear 1 to 4 or 5 tones at once, every second of every day. It's easy to tone out when there is any kind of noise. They are very very high pitch and the different tones can fade in volume and intensity.

The tones also resonate with each other sympathetically.
It reminds me of a tambura, the classical indian resonating instrument.
Right now I can hear a C hissing.

Candiety
#20 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:22:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think that I experience this sound.

It kind of sounds like static to me; markedly different from the repeating tones of tinnitus. I've always considered it to be a frequency somewhat akin to a TV signal, and it kind of implies that my brain is active and receiving a signal.

I've also felt that it had spiritual connotations, and was connected to the carrier wave. I've tuned into it before and, like others, found that it had a calming and somewhat strange effect.

I've read a post on bluelight before where somebody discussed this, and said that tuning into this sound on psychedelics has very interesting effects, such as it turning into a beautiful orchestral symphony inside your head.

12NEXT