We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Impressed with Lime Tek Options

truthone
#1 Posted : 4/19/2014 11:57:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I decided to try a lime tek after a lot of concern during my experiences with NaOH, and the STB's. I can get really white and beautiful xtal formations from stb, but I always feel its contaminated with the lye. I can never get them clear, and it burns the tongue a little, even after many rex's. Then, during smoking, I can feel a burning sensation in my back on the come down, along with hairs on my arm to stick straight up, and teeth chattering. For some reason, I attribute this to the lye. Its just an overwhelming sense that I can't explain. I know it takes a very high temp to vape NaOH, and its probably my paranoia working against me, but lye is nasty and I will probably never use it again. Has anyone else had these feelings smoking xstals after lye was used as a base? Ive smoked for years, and always used NaOH, but this paranoia/feeling is new.

Anyways, this tek was so easy, quick, and I didn't have to use the sep funnel (which just looks bad). Everything was done in a bowl, and easily stashed if there was a knock on the door. The xtals came out mostly clear after one re x. I may try again, but just out of curiosity for xtal formation. I tried the first pull and it was good; if not better than any stb I've ever done. Also, I didn't have those "dirty" feelings. Heres the pix of pulls 1-3 re xed. But please chime in fellow brothers and sisters about any side effects of the nasty NaOH. Love and Light…Truthone
truthone attached the following image(s):
DSCF6953.JPG (1,857kb) downloaded 666 time(s).
DSCF6954.JPG (1,930kb) downloaded 662 time(s).
DSCF6948.JPG (1,839kb) downloaded 667 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Cosmic Spore
#2 Posted : 4/20/2014 12:38:07 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Entheogenerator
#3 Posted : 4/20/2014 4:02:58 AM

Homo discens

Very beautiful crystals, truthone! Thumbs up

A standard STB or A/B extraction, if properly performed, leaves very little chance of contamination. Recrsytallization leaves even less. I would be willing to bet that the "side effects" you experienced were psychologically-based, and that a blind test of the two products would produce indistinguishable effects. But that is only my stance on the matter, and it is also assuming the extraction was performed properly.

All that aside, I can certainly understand wanting to avoid using potentially harmful reagents, particularly when the same results can be produced without. Smile
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

upload
#4 Posted : 4/20/2014 4:48:12 PM

go deep

beauty! Which tek did you use?

truthone
#5 Posted : 4/22/2014 2:21:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks folks. This is from q21's lime tek, with a few tweaks. I leave out the heat for the most part. I find it pulls too many oils or oxides. I learned this after asking a friend to prep a stb for me. i had always kept the base jar in a warm water bath, so thats what i asked him to do. When i got to his house 24 hrs later, i saw the base jar inside a crock pot with hot hot water in it. after the first pull, i knew something was wrong. the solvent was a dark brown, and it was hard to distinguish the two layers from each other in the funnel. anyways, i went through all the pulls, and after precipitation, i was left with this hard booger substance..(i don't know how else to describe it.) so, i tried a re x, and after it dissolved in the solvent, i put it out to evap. Two min later, i saw it had turned milky white, so i picked the shot glass up, and saw that the whole solution had solidified! I could literally pick it up and turn it upside-down. it was like jello. Too much work to save. I just scrapped it. Anyways, I started playing around with the temps. I found that just heating the solvent to around 30-40 degrees c pulls the cleanest, while leaving the base at room temp.

Entheogenerator..thanks for the blind test recommendation. I'll give it a try. I know its probably psychological, but why does the spice burn my tongue a little and the lime tek doesn't? I know I perform the tek properly, with an added re x or two. the crystals are most always white and sparkly. NaOH is not soluble in naphtha right? Or can it crystalize with the spice?

Then again, I have had different "phases" of things affecting my experiences. Im sure this is just the latest, as it didn't happen last year with the same teqs.

HumbleTraveler
#6 Posted : 4/22/2014 5:34:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice looking! What did you use to extract from, acrb, mhrb, other?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

truthone
#7 Posted : 4/22/2014 11:33:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I used mhrb from Removed .

truthone
#8 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:59:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry. thought it was just the name.

Entheogenerator
#9 Posted : 4/23/2014 7:55:38 AM

Homo discens

truthone wrote:
Too much work to save. I just scrapped it.

Thumbs down
Is taking 20 minutes to recrystallize really "too much work"? What a waste...

NaOH is insoluble in naphtha. I don't know why you have experienced a burning sensation on your tongue, but NaOH has a boiling point of 1,388 °C (2,530 °F). It is extremely unlikely that a DMT-vaporizing device could vaporize NaOH, especially without burning the DMT. The burning sensation could be psychologically-based, it could be due to smoking technique, it could be due to a person having burned their tongue on pizza earlier that day... There are many things which could cause a person to experience this, but lye contamination is not a likely candidate.
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

truthone
#10 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:15:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is taking 20 minutes to recrystallize really "too much work"? What a waste...
Yeah, I know it was a waste. I tried twice though. I never have seen anything like it..the whole solution was fats, there was no other layer. the whole shot glass solidified into a jello like substance, there was nothing to pour off. if i heated it, it would melt, but no layer. after drying the "jello", it was like dry boogers with little sparkles in it. i tried smoking it, but quickly stopped. it would've taken a lot to get where i wanted to go, was harsh, and was messing up my pipe. it just wasn't worth it. I just started over.

Can the crystals themselves be basic? I'm saying, when i put them directly on my tongue, it burns a little.
I know that it is unlikely the NaOH, just trying to figure it out.

HumbleTraveler
#11 Posted : 4/23/2014 10:02:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From ACRB with golden xtals, Ive always gotten throat raping burn. Horrible horrible pain.

With white xtals, never has it been harsh or painful.

I kinda narrowed it down to plant fat/oil/excess acacia junk or plastic contamination from when I used a plastic dropper and measuring container. Is that what really caused the burning pain I got? Im not certain haha

"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Entheogenerator
#12 Posted : 4/23/2014 10:32:01 PM

Homo discens

truthone wrote:
Can the crystals themselves be basic? I'm saying, when i put them directly on my tongue, it burns a little.
I know that it is unlikely the NaOH, just trying to figure it out.

I put a small amount of purified DMT freebase crystals on my tongue once, and it caused a burning sensation. It is merely a characteristic of freebase DMT crystals, not a sign of contamination.

truthone
#13 Posted : 4/24/2014 12:26:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, here's pulls 4 and 5 from the lime tek. Not much, but they are pretty. These are without a re x, and a lot are clear already. 4 had a lot of clear oils mixed with xtals that solidified on the bottom like a crystal blanket. 5 has some pretty chunky formations that I rarely see. Its beautiful how crystals grow off of crystals..like spirit quartz. Anyways, this is a great tek, and puts my mind at ease with the lye situation.
DSCF6963.JPG (3,251kb) downloaded 499 time(s).
DSCF6964.JPG (3,984kb) downloaded 498 time(s).
DSCF6968.JPG (1,871kb) downloaded 507 time(s).
DSCF7025.JPG (3,156kb) downloaded 497 time(s).
DSCF7018.JPG (2,931kb) downloaded 500 time(s).

Herbaldreams
#14 Posted : 4/24/2014 2:47:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice looking results. I miss MHRB. I only use drytek myself now. I tried it once and never looked back. Why mess with caustic chemicals if I can avoid it?

truthone
#15 Posted : 4/24/2014 3:04:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah. hands down, these are the most amazing I've ever smoked. no words to describe but jaw dropping amazement. i mean, you all know. I'm at a loss for words right now. crying, but happy. it was so beautiful, and I'm selfish for not wanting to come back. i need to change some things in my life. love and light brothers and sisters! hold on to the ones you love!

upload
#16 Posted : 4/24/2014 7:22:48 AM

go deep

Herbaldreams wrote:
Nice looking results. I miss MHRB. I only use drytek myself now. I tried it once and never looked back. Why mess with caustic chemicals if I can avoid it?

drytek?

anrchy
#17 Posted : 4/24/2014 8:15:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

upload wrote:
Herbaldreams wrote:

drytek?

When using lime as your base its considered a drytek due to the fact you aren't dealing with a liquid base mixture as lime isn't very water soluble. When ready for the pulls the basified bark is only slightly damp.

The q21q21 tek is a drytek.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

truthone
#18 Posted : 5/7/2014 12:43:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried a few things different this time. first, I used 300 g of mhrb, instead of 200. I kept the same moisture content of the bark, but seemed to lose 10 percent more solvent then last time. also, i evaped very slow (2 and 3 days) on each pull. when I was satisfied the way the xtals were forming, i poured the remainder of the solvent (and oils) into another bowl to finish evaping. this brought me some crystal clear diamond shaped xtals, without even doing a re x! they are very beautiful, and i wanted to share.
also, the remainder solvent that i poured off dried into a tan xtal, and after smoking it i feel there is some other compound in it. its not jungle like; more like MDMA. i became extremely clear headed, more so than sober..kind of amped, with a rush of endorphins. i don't think they could take me, but were still amazing in their own way. full of good vibes.
heres the first pull. notice some formed into diamond shapes.
DSCF7070.JPG (1,881kb) downloaded 422 time(s).

truthone
#19 Posted : 5/7/2014 12:49:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

more from 1st
DSCF7064.JPG (1,919kb) downloaded 414 time(s).
DSCF7071.JPG (1,919kb) downloaded 406 time(s).

truthone
#20 Posted : 5/7/2014 12:54:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

4th pull
DSCF7118.JPG (1,846kb) downloaded 406 time(s).

12NEXT