We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
deleted Options

lupa2020
#1 Posted : 4/22/2014 12:11:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

deleted

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Anarkid
#2 Posted : 4/22/2014 12:40:51 AM

Student of the Universe

I have not. The lies and half truths that are spread throughout the media are ever present. Just the other day, I saw something in my news feed posted by a young (early 20s) man that believed cannabis was responsible for all of his friends violent behavior and lazy tendecies and that drinking alcohol in large amounts was not only more healthy but more responsible. What was worse, was the fact that nearly a dozen similiar aged people joined his discussion AGREEING with him while only a few people stood up for the truth. I hear the most fascinating bullshit in regards to drugs and their effects constantly. Weed makes you stupid, cocaine makes you want to kill people, a friend's friend's sister's uncle's nephew's cousin's stepfather took too much LSD and is now permanently tripping, etc etc etc. I see no change in this trend in the near futur besides the attitude towards cannabis. Mary J seems to be becoming more popular and understood. The rest, however, continues to be surrounded in myth and superstition. It really is sad.
“Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

The glass is not half full or half empty. The glass is just too big.

Entheogenerator
#3 Posted : 4/22/2014 2:03:34 AM

Homo discens

I didn't find the portrayal of LSD in the film "Jobs" to be unfavorable or distasteful, though it was very brief. I felt like the film portrayed LSD's role in Jobs's discovery of his own inspiration and potential, to some extent.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Entheogenerator
#4 Posted : 4/22/2014 11:18:55 PM

Homo discens

Also, here's a DMT reference in a children's cartoon I recently found. I didn't think the reference was unfavorable or distasteful (despite the conjecture regarding the pineal gland Razz ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE9Cwa5EDDw
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

universecannon
#5 Posted : 4/22/2014 11:32:37 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

There is a DMT reference in the cartoon movie A Bugs Life, but I can never find a video of it and so far only 1 other person on the web seems to have noticed. You need jedi reflexes in order to spot it.

I noticed it a long time ago when my cousin was watching it. It's when the girl ant says " should i come to", flick says "no ha ha ha sorry no no see its classified in the DMT gotta go asap ya know strictly byob, sorry!".

Lots of wild looking mushrooms around in that movie to.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

anrchy
#6 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:21:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The show weeds I feel did a decent job. Ayahuasca was referenced in an episode and iirc they didn't make it out to be a bad thing.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

WanderingTraveler
#7 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:53:30 AM

There's no place like the Underground

I have yet to see any positive psychedelic reference In the media

Sad

Hope that changes
And I am you and what I see is me.
And do I take you by the hand
And lead you through the land
And help me understand
The best I can.

lupa2020
#8 Posted : 4/23/2014 1:34:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

deleted

hug46
#9 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:02:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I watched a documentary series called Amazon with Bruce Parry where he takes ayahuasca. He has also done a series called Tribe a number of years ago where he took iboga with the Bwiti and aya with the Achuar people . Parry comes across as a very likeable, approachable and down to earth person and is a great advert for drugs.

Documentaries are geared more towards facts, rather than relying on drug use for dramatic effect. When it comes to fiction it is the nature of the beast. Disturbing stories are titillating. I am not proud of it but if there were 2 thread titles on the nexus, one entitled "DMT made my brain explode" and the other entititled "The beautiful cosmic love of infinity", i would primarily be drawn to the former (but i am shallow).

Candiety
#10 Posted : 4/23/2014 12:09:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
I watched a documentary series called Amazon with Bruce Parry where he takes ayahuasca. He has also done a series called Tribe a number of years ago where he took iboga with the Bwiti and aya with the Achuar people . Parry comes across as a very likeable, approachable and down to earth person and is a great advert for drugs.

Parry could often be found at the psy trance stage at glade festival in the uk, grinding with the hippies. I never saw him myself but there were pictures of him doing balloons. Apparently he'll occasionally turn up at psy trance raves round the UK as well.

I absolutely love the spiritual symbolism inserted into disney and pixar films to help sow the seeds in young minds. Lot's of talk of addressing fears, letting go, connecting with nature and being a good person.

Veritus
#11 Posted : 4/26/2014 3:06:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
I didn't find the portrayal of LSD in the film "Jobs" to be unfavorable or distasteful, though it was very brief. I felt like the film portrayed LSD's role in Jobs's discovery of his own inspiration and potential, to some extent.

I agree. I liked the portrayal in this film. cool film too Smile
"When it becomes a part of every man's thinking that a single thought can change the polarity of our entire body toward either life or death - and can likewise change its entire chemistry toward increasing alkalinity or acidity to strengthen it or weaken it - or can change the shape of every corpuscle of matter in the entire body in the direction of either growth or decay - then the medical profession will radically change both its principles and its practices with the ailment of bodies."

Walter Russell

ginjim
#12 Posted : 4/26/2014 3:20:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

iboga was used in homeland

Entheogenerator
#13 Posted : 4/30/2014 9:48:36 PM

Homo discens

I just watched "Crystal Fairy and the Magical Cactus" yesterday, and I thought it was really quite good. I feel like the characters gained a lot of insight from their San Pedro experience which, for the two main characters, catalyzed emotional breakthroughs which were really central to the plot of the film. Supposedly Michael Cera and Gaby Hoffman (playing the main characters) actually drank San Pedro tea while filming the movie, allowing the film to depict the cactus experience in a more genuine manner. The cactus which they acquire, and subsequently prepare in the movie certainly looks genuine so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the one they ingested. (Not to mention the fact that it is a very large and beautiful specimen! Drool )

I highly recommend this film for the cactus lovers on the forum, or really for anyone who is interested in watching a very unique, drug-themed, somewhat comedic drama.