We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Carl Jung - The Magician Options

Candiety
#1 Posted : 4/23/2014 10:01:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Carl Jung - The Magician

I was recently alluded to this and was somewhat blown away by it. I'd elaborate but I wouldn't want to spoil it. Have a read and see how fast you can work out what "magic" is.

A bit of background: This is an exert from The Red Book, written near the start of the 1900's. Jung had a falling out with Signum Freud, and as such the book was never released by Jung, and withheld from the public by his family up until 2007. This is an interesting consideration, if you have any kind of basic idea what Freud was about, or what Jung is generally recognised for.

This is no work of fiction; apparently Jung actually came face to face with the magician. It is purported, by some, that he had a psychotic breakdown.

Jungs words on the Redbook:

Quote:
The years… when I pursued the inner images, were the most important time of my life. Everything else is to be derived from this. It began at that time, and the later details hardly matter anymore.

My entire life consisted in elaborating what had burst forth from the unconscious and flooded me like an enigmatic stream and threatened to break me.

That was the stuff and material for more than only one life. Everything later was merely the outer classification, scientific elaboration, and the integration into life.

But the numinous beginning, which contained everything, was then.

I consider this an absolute essential read for anybody interested in hyperspace.

Hopefully others will find the same.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

kaaos
#2 Posted : 4/23/2014 10:40:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i have that book right next to me on my desk. i believe "the archetypes and the collective unconscious" would be a better starting point for those doing research on hyperspace and the unconscious mind.
"..undisturbed by order, chaos creates balance. it is not the artifical balance of scales and weights, but the lively, ever-changing balance of a wild and beautiful dance. it is wonderful; it is magickal. it is beyond any definition, and every attempt to describe it can only be a metaphor that never comes near to its true beauty or erotic energy."

"the angel is free because of his knowledge, the beast because of his ignorance. between the two remains the son of man to struggle."

Candiety
#3 Posted : 4/23/2014 10:46:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

kaaos wrote:
i have that book right next to me on my desk. i believe "the archetypes and the collective unconscious" would be a better starting point for those doing research on hyperspace and the unconscious mind.

I will read that next then.

However, the link I provided is just a single chapter from The Red Book, quite specifically on the subject of the magician, and magic.

It doesn't require people to read an entire book and I think that it is an interesting thing to know.