We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MHRB cold brew, is it safe in hot climate? Options

Jox
#1 Posted : 4/23/2014 9:27:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I made cold brew of MHRB and phosphoric acid ph 2.

I couldn't take it as planned, and now traveling through India and it is very hot. The brew will be consumed soon when I reach my destination.

I wonder if it will get spoiled by then? I always keep it in the fridge. I don't know if the phosphoric acid is strong enough as a preservative?

Thank you
Jox

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#2 Posted : 4/24/2014 3:32:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the traditional brew, made by the north-west brasilian tribes, stays fermenting underground for at least a month, until its ready. so it might ferment overtime, but that will not spoil it.

just be carefull if you travelling by plane, the pressure can make the botle explode
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

ymer
#3 Posted : 4/24/2014 7:28:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At PH 2 I doubt anything can grow there.

SKA
#4 Posted : 4/25/2014 11:49:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So, Jox... When you say cold water brew of MHRB... Do you mean:
- A cold water infusion of only MHRB? Or
- A hot water infusion of MHRB that has been cooled down?

PH2...sounds like it may be a little rough on your stomach, but I don't know for sure.
Well when you arrive at your destination and drink it...let us know how it goes.

MultiDimentionalTherapy: You say Ayahuasca is traditionally left to ferment for at least a month....
Would that not create ethanol in the Ayahuasca? Because Ethanol + MAOIs = dangerous.

Jox
#5 Posted : 4/25/2014 5:23:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@ SKA

this cold breewing tek is by member Jees:

1. Cold water, 50 ml x 2g of MIRB
2. inner Mimosa root bark
3. H3PO4 ph 2-3 which is few drops of 90%
4. Steeping for 5 days, filter the plant material.
5. Neutralising the acid by adding little Na2CO2
6. The brew becomes gray, and should be taken all

I did it on room temperature, but also in fridge, and the results are the same.

I have been using it with harmala extract, and I had great results. I think the idea is preserving yurema by not exposing it to the heat.

@Multydimentionaltherapy

Putting the brew in the earth is keeping it cold, so I don't think it actually ferments.

@y yumer

I am thinking the same, even though H3PO4 is weak,acid but ph 2 is pretty high so I think it functions as preservative? Not sure about this.

I will not take the brew untill two weeks,from now. I have been traveling to North India for 10 days vipassana that starts on 27 of April, and it is too close to a difficult retreat, so probably I will not do it tomorrow, since I do it in high numbers and it is difficult on the body, and vipassana is difficult too, so I am not sure it will be a good idea.

I ll let you know how it goes.

Best to all
Jox

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#6 Posted : 4/26/2014 4:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it does ferment. thats why its called vinho de jurema (jurema wine)
and putting a brew in the ground in a land where summer temperature goes above 40ºc its a diferent case...

SkA, from what ive been reading, most traditional brews do not contain any external source of maoi, there are some references from indigenous tribes that use passiflora as a mild maoi, but thats all.

for some reason it has been the best hidden secret from the north east caatinga indigenous.
how to make MHRB active without any maoi
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

Jox
#7 Posted : 4/27/2014 6:16:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MDT have you ever fermented MHRB?

In Mexico in Yucatan, my husband talked to locals,,and they told him they take it, but he didn't ask the details, when I return to Mexico I will do some research.

Jox
#8 Posted : 5/9/2014 7:10:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It did get spoiled, even at ph 2-3, it got mold, and smelled foul. I guess H3PO4 is not gstrong enough even at high ph.