We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freeze Precipitate Container Shape? Options

Neo-Shaman
#1 Posted : 4/23/2014 2:42:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

Browsing the forums I didn't find any answers to my exact question. I'm preparing to do my first extract and was wondering if after saturating and removing your non-polar solvent can you place it to freeze precipitate in a cone like container to get a more concentrated build up of crystals? Almost all teks say to use a wide spread glass roasting dish or something of the same shape but these produce small and thin crystals. I've seen a few pics of people using wide mouth mason jars and getting larger crystals.

Is it possible to use a cone like container to get larger crystals?
If so what are the ups and downs of using a glass cone like container versus a glass roasting dish?
“Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.”

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cosmic Spore
#2 Posted : 4/23/2014 2:50:08 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

1 positive aspect of precipitating in a glass baking dish is that it's not hard to scrape up the goodies with a razor blade when you're finished.

anrchy
#3 Posted : 4/23/2014 3:11:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want big crystals here... https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8862
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Neo-Shaman
#4 Posted : 4/23/2014 3:17:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
If you want big crystals here... https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8862

Thanks I had viewed this post before. Pretty cool I definitely want to try this. However, I was thinking more along the lines of trying to get those big crystals on that first initial precipitate. Effectively eliminating any extra steps down the line.
“Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.”

Earthwalker
#5 Posted : 4/23/2014 3:28:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Neo-Shaman wrote:
anrchy wrote:

Thanks I had viewed this post before. Pretty cool I definitely want to try this. However, I was thinking more along the lines of trying to get those big crystals on that first initial precipitate. Effectively eliminating any extra steps down the line.

Oh yeah we all strived for the dream pull ( haha I no ) on our first extraction but truth be told be happy if you get crystal at all !

And after a few extractions it'll come second nature and technics refine themselves , as that link is there to teach you to grow big crystals , they don't just happen ! ( maybe one in a hundred ) also the little crystals look like the big ones just get a good lens or microscope !!

Neo-Shaman
#6 Posted : 4/23/2014 3:42:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice Earthwalker! Laughing I think I might be getting ahead of myself anyways Embarrased

Earthwalker
#7 Posted : 4/23/2014 3:52:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Neo-Shaman wrote:
Thanks for the advice Earthwalker! Laughing I think I might be getting ahead of myself anyways Embarrased

Yeah it's very exciting ! What TEK and bark are you using ?

Neo-Shaman
#8 Posted : 4/23/2014 4:03:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just ordered 500g of Acacia and will most likely be using Cyb's Hybrid TEK due to its simplicity of instructions. (The chemistry gets a little confusing!) Although before I do anything I'll be doing a STB extract with around 50g of Acacia just to see how it comes out.

Earthwalker
#9 Posted : 4/23/2014 4:22:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Neo-Shaman wrote:
I just ordered 500g of Acacia and will most likely be using Cyb's Hybrid TEK due to its simplicity of instructions. (The chemistry gets a little confusing!) Although before I do anything I'll be doing a STB extract with around 50g of Acacia just to see how it comes out.

Could I suggest that you do 50g ATB hybred not the STB, it's good for practice to do the full TEK not only that it'll familiarize you're self for when you tackle the max-ion TEK and believe me it's well worth the time & patiants for not only the yeild but for the clean white crystal that is if you're barks up to scratch ! When I do mine I do 200g maxion ACRB last yeild was 1.3% total crystal and 600mg goo ! But just don't heat the mix in the bath anything under 47c is hot enough ! And you'll be fine I'm sure ! Good luck

Neo-Shaman
#10 Posted : 4/23/2014 4:35:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
Neo-Shaman wrote:

Could I suggest that you do 50g ATB hybred not the STB, it's good for practice to do the full TEK not only that it'll familiarize you're self for when you tackle the max-ion TEK and believe me it's well worth the time & patiants for not only the yeild but for the clean white crystal that is if you're barks up to scratch ! When I do mine I do 200g maxion ACRB last yeild was 1.3% total crystal and 600mg goo ! But just don't heat the mix in the bath anything under 47c is hot enough ! And you'll be fine I'm sure ! Good luck

Practice makes perfect so I'll now be doing a 50g ATB extract to start! Thanks for all the help! Big grin

P.S. Got your message but currently only able to send pm's to moderators Thumbs down

Anarkid
#11 Posted : 4/23/2014 6:57:07 AM

Student of the Universe

Definitely don't use all of your bark first thing. Save some to use once you realize your mistakes on your first trial. To answer your specific question, I have found that a glass baking dish is just superior to other containers. Easier to scrape your product and easy to handle. I wanted amazingly big, beautiful crystals on my first extraction as well but crystals do not always reveal themselves willingly. Be prepared for a goo or waxy substance. Either way, smooth, flat glass is just so much easier.
“Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

The glass is not half full or half empty. The glass is just too big.

HumbleTraveler
#12 Posted : 4/23/2014 7:05:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glass baking dish is the only way to go Smile
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

wearepeople
#13 Posted : 4/23/2014 7:26:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jars work well. I'm not sure there's a correlation between larger crystals and using jars. They do keep the solvent fumes contained.

Anything you can't scrape from a jar can easily be recovered by washing with a warm solvent and allowing that to fully evaporate outdoors.

+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Entheogenerator
#14 Posted : 4/23/2014 8:45:03 AM

Homo discens

I don't think the shape of a jar will make any difference in crystal size, it will only affect the ease of retrieving the crystals. The biggest crystals I have ever produced occurred when the solvent was extremely saturated, and cooled very slowly.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine