We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
San Pedro extraction Options

maranello551
#1 Posted : 4/20/2014 6:37:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How well would this work?:

1. Freeze and thaw San Pedro chunks

2. Simmer chunks for 5-7 hours on very low temperature in water with the juice of a couple lemons

3. Strain resulting "tea" from chunks and add to remaining juice squeezed from chunks (discard chunks)

4. Reduce resulting liquid for however long is necessary (7-Cool hours until about a cup or 2 of liquid is left

5. Add IPA to extract alkaloids from tea

6. Evaporate IPA to leave resin (or crystal)

7. Wash crystal and/or tar with acetone (can you wash tar with acetone?)

Please help my FOAF figure this out.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 4/20/2014 6:45:28 PM

medicine man
#3 Posted : 4/20/2014 7:15:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

IPA is miscible with water so when you add it you wont get two liquids that separate just one liquid to evaporate so probly not much point in adding it.

maranello551
#4 Posted : 4/20/2014 9:46:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could swim use acetone to wash the resin? Would that improve anything?

Entheogenerator
#5 Posted : 4/20/2014 10:06:02 PM

Homo discens

IIRC, some of mescaline's salts are insoluble in IPA. I would just stick with water as the solvent, as House does in the tek which he linked, rather than IPA.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

maranello551
#6 Posted : 4/20/2014 11:40:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would an acetone wash after the water extraction help?

Any real advantages of STB over House's tek?

Entheogenerator
#7 Posted : 4/21/2014 12:29:45 AM

Homo discens

maranello551 wrote:
Would an acetone wash after the water extraction help?

Any real advantages of STB over House's tek?

An acetone wash may help, if you are looking for a higher percentage of mescaline per weight of your extract. Acetone may remove some of the other alkaloids.

The only advantage of an STB would be purified mescaline versus full-spectrum alkaloids. But this is more of a personal preference than an advantage. It depends on what one is seeking from the extraction. If you want are seeking the full-spectrum San Pedro alkaloid experience, then go with House's tek. If you seek a pure mescaline experience, without the potential influence of other alkaloids, then go with a STB tek.
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

HumbleTraveler
#8 Posted : 4/22/2014 5:31:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator, could you elaborate a little more on pure mescaline vs mixed alkaloid experience?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

maranello551
#9 Posted : 4/23/2014 5:59:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That ^

From what I hear, the full alkaloid experience is more sedated and dreamy. I guess it would be like smoking some pot on top of pure mescaline?

Entheogenerator
#10 Posted : 4/23/2014 7:56:52 PM

Homo discens

My experience with full-spectum extracts is very limited. From the experience reports and other posts I have read, it seems that the full-spectrum extract experience varies a bit depending on the species of cactus used. I have heard reports that "sedated and dreamy" would be an accurate way to describe the experiences produced by most of the mescaline-containing species, but other subtle differences may also be apparent.

I have heard speculation that the other (non-mescaline) alkaloids present in Trichocereus bridgesii may potentiate the mescaline, but this has not been confirmed to my knowledge.

Anodyne
#11 Posted : 4/25/2014 1:57:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure about other alkaloids, but some cacti contain significant amounts of pellotine, which was used as a pre-benzodiazepine sedative. So a full-spectrum extract may be more sedating than pure mescaline, depending on the type of cactus used - from memory L. williamsii had quite alot of pellotine.