We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Unexpected Euphoria Options

Fatcat
#1 Posted : 8/6/2013 8:23:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a report that was on a USB drive I found. I thought it would be appreciated here.

So I brewed (made tea/reduced) about 4 feet of various cacti together (I like doing multiple species because you get a fuller alkaloid spectrum) a few days ago and decided to dose test it on my day off today. I woke up on a very empty stomach, ate an apple and took 2 swigs of the brew, expecting to get a base line of the potency. If I didn't have hospital grade anti nausea medication lying around it would have most definitely been purged, it was so bitter.

I decided to run some errands while I wait for the onset, get coffee and a scone, bank and such. I live in a dense metropolitan area so this was all accomplished by walking. About 45 minutes in I had completely forgotten I had dosed and this psychedelic wave of euphoria just crashes down on me like nobodies business. Full on one-with-the-universe-love-everything euphoria. So I sit down at a bus stop and gather my thoughts for a few minutes while I can feel this warmth spreading through out my being. Eventually I realize I have no idea how strong this is going to get, and it was already much stronger than I was expecting to have today. I call my friend, we'll call her E. She's my sisters best friend and we're like family so I thought it would be nice to spend the day with her psychedelics aside. She says it will take her an hour or so to meet up (I told her nothing of what I was on). I head home, take a shower and start reading White Fang by Jack London while I wait for her. I do not normally reference higher powers, but oh my god was reading that book amazing. The story is about a wolf cub's experiences right after birth and it's perspective on the balance of nature. The vivid imagery was playing out like watching television in my head. The words no longer existed, it was just a free flow of information between this old, leather bound book, and my conscious. I was the baby wolf running from the lynx mother. I have done my fair share of psychedelics over the years, but I had never tried/had the capacity to read before. I was so absorbed by the book that I missed 4 of her phone calls and she had to wake up my roommate to alert me of her arrival. Highly suggest it.

Anywho she comes over and I tell her what's going on, she laughs and questions me about the effects and intensity for a bit and we decide to go to a cafe near my house to chat over some coffee. It was a beautiful sunny day, a bit too hot, but it's summer, and I could not get enough of it. The second I left my door my nose is assaulted with my neighbors curry, followed by the flowers from the garden, then the fertilizer, then I could even smell the dry paint on the wall. This sudden increase in sensitivity wasn't limited to my sense of smell either, colors were extremely well contrasted, I could feel each wisp of wind caressing my arm hair, every breath was crisp and fresh, similar to a cold winter day, but it was 90F and not a cloud in the sky. The feeling of being part of the universe, rather than an individual closed system was all I could focus on the ride there. Contemplating the origins of the metal in her BMW compared to the design (which was probably on the other side of the world) was beautiful, the fact that we have developed such advanced infrastructure blows me away sober or not.

Once we get the the cafe I realize that I have no desire to eat, so I order a glass of orange juice and a fruit bowl. The food takes a while to come out, and while we are waiting we run into a few friends that work nearby. We have small talk. I feel like I am noticeably intoxicated at this point, but when I bring it up to them they are surprised and comment on my lucidity, which relieves some anxiety I was having (I hate being noticeably intoxicated in public). When the food arrives they continue to walk and I start exploring the full spectrum of melons in front of me. I normally don't like melons that much, but I could feel each individual fiber rubbing against my tongue in a way that felt like my tactile resolution (if thats a thing) had quadrupled. Each grape was a blast of juice following the sudden release of pressure when I tore the skin with my teeth. I tried some baby spinach off of E's plate and the crunch I experience was similar to eating potato chips. I could feel as each piece of the leaf be creased and separated followed by a splash of bitter green on the front of my tongue.

Peripheral OEVs existed but were not distracting in any way. If I relaxed I could move them closer to my vision, but it was very subtle. I closed my eyes and tried to summon some CEV's. I saw some basic contrast colors flashing and maybe a few mangled patterns if I really looked for them, but what was going on in my third eye was completely different. When I first focused on it I saw a giant snake slithering towards me with its mouth wide open. As it got closer I could feel a sense of claustrophobia. I opened my eyes to the same cafe I had left behind. When I closed them again the snake was on the same trajectory and I could sense it enveloping me very slowly. It was a very strange feeling. After I contemplated what that would have meant if I was a shaman I start chatting with E about frivolous things, my sister, some of our co-workers (forgot to mention that we work together). I don't feel like I had been over hydrating, but I must use the bathroom every 20-30 minutes to release an absolutely clear stream of urine. Good to know I'm hydrated, because I knew I wasn't going to be eating much today.

Upon leaving the cafe we start driving home, and E says she knows what we can do. She drives us up to a mountain overlook of the city about 5 minutes from my apartment. There where hiking trails, but it was far too hot as we live in the desert highlands. We find a nice perch near her car and look out over the sprawling metropolis. The sense of depth that I could feel, from not only the vast distance I could see, but the muffled city sounds behind the giant cushion of flowing air gave me chills. For the next few minutes we tried to figure out what street was what, based on our memory of our GPS maps of the area. This gave me the great visualization of a birds eye view, compared to our angled vantage point, thus reinforcing the sense of depth that didn't leave until we were back at ground level.

When we get bored of our setting we decided to tan on the balcony of my apartment until we get a better idea. After about 10 minutes she says she is too hot and pulls up a chair on the inside of my screen door, while I lay in the fully enveloping blanket that is the sun's light. I could feel varying intensities of heat floating over my body. Each breath of wind would carry with it some of the sweat that has coated most of my body. The cooling sensation that was brought on by the evaporation was invigorating. My roommate comes out and we smoke a few bowls of weed and chat about the effect/intensity for a while.

E and I go to put our feet in my complex's pool to cool down. There is a family swimming in the shallow end and and elderly lady swimming laps. When the conversation switches to more vulgar subjects, I feel a sense of anxiety towards the thought of confrontation with the 250lb father that was eye balling E, while she was explaining the intricacies of her current relationship. Fortunately the family leaves after a short while, and I can start to outwardly enjoy the tactile experience that was my feet in the water. I am sure the elderly lady could surmise my current state if she was paying enough attention, but if she was, she wasn't showing it. I was shooting small ripples of water over the hair on my legs and watching the relatively strait hair ripple with it's physical aspect and my perceived visual distortions, which were probably the most pronounced at this moment. When I waved my legs through the water, I could feel the pressure building on one side and the slight pull of the lower pressure on the opposite side. We return to the apartment and I smoke more pot with S.

They eventually decide that we should get something to eat and S (my roommate) want's to show E a sandwich shop that's within walking distance of my apartment. During the walk I feel more sluggish than I would normally in relation the the amount of pot I had just smoked. Nothing serious, I just wasn't leading the pack. When we get to the restaurant I am again assaulted with smells in a similar fashion as before, except this time it was all mouthwatering food smells. The munchies were in full effect, but my stomach was still 'no no no'. S got some roast beef, and E got a Poe Boy (crab cake and shrimp sandwich basically) I noticed the smell from S's food when it arrived, but when E's crab cake got near me I felt like I had an intimate knowledge of the crabs diet. What I was smelling probably was not that, but the scent of the crab could be broken down into hundreds of minor smells that made up the whole smell that was crab, which only added to the overall smell of her sandwich. In a sober mindset I would just smell sandwich, but in my current state each ingredient deserved its own acknowledgment.

Walking home was no choir at all, the temperature had started to drop and there was a nice, steady, breeze. Upon arrival I smoke some more pot and chat with E for a bit while S gets ready for work. E decides to leave with S and I'm thinking about falling asleep. Now normally when I do trip reports I like to include some framework of time, but when I look at my phone to check to see what time it is as E and S leave I realize it's the first time I've thought about time all day. I dosed around 1:25pm, when I checked my phone it was 7:45pm. I was still going strong, but the initial astonishment had left. I was comfortable with my intoxication to the point that it wasn't really effecting me much. I decide to do a deep clean of my apartment, because lying in bed trying to sleep was just wasting my time. Its about midnight when I finish. Then a shower and a few bong snaps and I'm ready to curl into bed and internet myself to sleep. Which brings me here.

Good night. It was a beautiful day today.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

cyb
#2 Posted : 8/6/2013 9:39:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Fatcat wrote:
I thought it would be appreciated here.

It is...Thanks...great read/writing. Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Kash
#3 Posted : 8/8/2013 6:48:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Nice report. Sounds like a good experience and fun day. Next time try a bigger dose and maybe be rewarded with OEV's. Even with larger doses of cacti, cant really go wrong. Mescalito is your friend.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Orion
#4 Posted : 4/22/2014 6:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fatcat wrote:
but when E's crab cake got near me I felt like I had an intimate knowledge of the crabs diet. What I was smelling probably was not that, but the scent of the crab could be broken down into hundreds of minor smells that made up the whole smell that was crab

This is so familiar to me, it reminds me of my own thought processes after ingesting most psychedelics.

I thoroughly enjoyed the report Thumbs up
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Entheogenerator
#5 Posted : 4/22/2014 10:52:10 PM

Homo discens

Great report, Fatcat! Thanks for sharing! Smile
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine