We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybin extract / tincture Options

sauSage
#1 Posted : 4/20/2014 2:34:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I took 30g of pulverized cubes (McKennaii) and soaked them in 250ml of methanol. The jar was kept in the freezer and shaken regularly. Once a week I'd pull it out and put it on my magnetic hot stirrer at 60C for 8-10 hours, then back into the freezer. On friday I vacuum filtered the fungus and put the golden methanol into a vacuum desiccator and ran it for about 4 hours.

That resulted in 3.8 grams of an off-white sorta yellowish extract which was added to 30ml of Grey Goose to produce what you see below.

Currently bioassaying roughly 2 grams worth and I can say that it is very active and very pleasant. No stomach upset, no gas, nothing unpleasant at all.

Mad thanks to Benz who got me this far.

sauSage attached the following image(s):
photo (4).JPG (3,545kb) downloaded 510 time(s).
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sauSage
#2 Posted : 4/20/2014 2:35:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

someday i'll understand why my photos come out sideways... Mad

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

۩
#3 Posted : 4/20/2014 2:41:59 AM

Fantastic!

I will never forget the time benz drank his rotovap extract with orange juice and just logged off immediately after. If I remember right that was 10g? Very happy

"I need to start trusting my abilities as a chemist" - benzyme

sauSage
#4 Posted : 4/20/2014 3:02:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Fantastic!

I will never forget the time benz drank his rotovap extract with orange juice and just logged off immediately after. If I remember right that was 10g? Very happy

yah it was 10g of aborts... a very impressive dose for sure... that's what inspired me to do this tho. i don't have a rotovap tho so i had to make due with a vacuum desiccator.

no complaints with the results...

Ancotar
#5 Posted : 4/20/2014 5:27:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aborts are no joke man!

They pack a wallop!
"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Felnik
#6 Posted : 4/20/2014 6:17:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a memorable experience with a friend
once when we made tea from a colonized
rice cake that was stalled. We didn't expect anything to happen .
It took us by surprise and knocked our socks off
for hours. We still talk about that day .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

pitubo
#7 Posted : 4/21/2014 1:43:09 AM

dysfunctional word machine

A friend of mine made an alcoholic extract from mushrooms. It was left in a freezer for more than a year before the remains were given to me. The assumption was that it was not very active anymore, due to aging.

So, some other time I was going to trip with friends on mushroom tea. We knew the tea wasn't very strong and I decided to take the extract bottle to potentiate my cup of tea. I underestimated the potency of the extract a little as I boldly proceeded to add a sizable quantity to the cup.

I had been witness to the extraction and from the quantity of extract that I poored into the cup and consumed, I am certain to have on other occasions ingested more mushrooms than were in this amount of extract, but I was not prepared for the effects of this amount of extract.

The onset was much faster than normal, not a problem. But then the effects got weird, at first I didn't feel like I was really tripping, but I got open eye visuals like on ayahuasca and I felt as if I had also heavily dosed on harmala. Next, I started to sweat profusely, felt hot and cold, got very thirsty and nearly passed out a few times. I was used to sizable doses of psychedelics, but this I had not experienced yet and I freaked out, fearing some sort of serotonin overdose, also due to my suspicions about the presence of harmala in the extract (there were none in it though).

After the trip wore off, I was feeling incredibly tired, not physically tired, just mentally exhausted. After an hour or two, this feeling was gone.

Looking back, I hypothetize that the sudden massive influx of psilocin into my system swamped my MAO enzymes or some other part of the serotonin system, causing such effects that I had never before had from mushrooms.

My experience: extracted psilocin can be tricky in large doses, beware.

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#8 Posted : 5/10/2014 12:52:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hee hee. I have some etoh and vit C mixed with about 10g of aborts sitting in a basement cabinet to test out it's stability over time.

About 20ml gives a threshold experience for about 30 min. That was about 6 months?? ago. Need to test it out again soon, but the TASTE. Bleargh.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Anodyne
#9 Posted : 5/13/2014 2:16:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Agreed, the taste of a basic mushroom tincture leaves much to be desired. I'm not a big fan of spirits to start with, and making them mushroom-flavoured doesn't improve them any! I wonder if using a redissolved methanol extract (as described in the OP) is any more pleasant? Paulsage, how was the taste?

sauSage
#10 Posted : 5/13/2014 2:55:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anodyne wrote:
Agreed, the taste of a basic mushroom tincture leaves much to be desired. I'm not a big fan of spirits to start with, and making them mushroom-flavoured doesn't improve them any! I wonder if using a redissolved methanol extract (as described in the OP) is any more pleasant? Paulsage, how was the taste?

the taste really isn't an issue bc you're only using 1-2ml. i've put 5ml in a smoothie and didn't notice it at all. i've shot 2ml directly into my mouth and it just tastes like funky vodka. the most overpowering part of it is the odor, very pungent, slight after taste that's very earthy.

one area where i think i've gone wrong is the heating. per some recent research the whole "putting it on the hotplate" part is pointless and i shouldn't have been doing it. i think THAT is what is causing the pungent smell. the next batch i try this with will just be frozen/thawed several times and then desiccated. the methanol keeps a nice clear color until it's heated, the heat turns it golden. thing is that you really should use etoh at the end bc it trumps any remaining mtoh left in the output, and you don't want to consume any mtoh.

future batches will also be sonicated - once i source one final part.

I expect to have a full tek written, peer reviewed and posted by the end of summer.

staresatwalls
#11 Posted : 11/22/2016 12:02:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

paulsage wrote:
thing is that you really should use etoh at the end bc it trumps any remaining mtoh left in the output, and you don't want to consume any mtoh.

I expect to have a full tek written, peer reviewed and posted by the end of summer.

hey paulsage, by using etoh at the end do you mean the last wash should be etoh or the last re-x?

also, did you ever post that tek?
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust