We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bulking/Powdering Agents for Resinous Extracts Options

Entheogenerator
#1 Posted : 4/17/2014 11:40:38 PM

Homo discens

Hello all,
I am in the process of experimenting with psilocybe cubensis extracts intended for insufflation, and I am wondering what to add to the resinous concentrate to allow it to be powdered. I know that traditionally things like ashes and lime have been used, but neither of those sound particularly pleasant for insufflation. I would prefer if it were something natural, like a fairly benign plant alkaloid or something like that, but I would consider using a synthetic material as long as it is safe. I have also looked into supplements which potentiate psilocybin/psilocin, but I have not found much thus far.

Things I have considered: melatonin, 5-HTP, L-tryptophan, vitamin b-12, inositol*, & lactose. Can anyone shed some light on which of these might be most suitable, or how they might affect the experience?

Also, is anyone aware of a supplement which they feel potentiates psilocybe alkaloids? My main goal is to find something that does not produce much or any discomfort when snuffed, but if there is something that would also synergize with the alkaloids, I would be curious to investigate it.

*In the past, I have insufflated compounds which were mixed with inositol for ease of dose measuring, and the inositol did not seem to cause any discomfort or unpleasant taste. For this reason, I am leaning towards using inositol if I don't find anything else.

It might be worth mentioning that I am currently taking medication which cannot be combined with MAOI's, so harmalas are out of the question for the time being.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 4/17/2014 11:48:02 PM

Theobromine is a known potentiator. I have seen extracts for sale.

I would dissolve the goo into a saline solution in a 1 dram glass vial with an eye dropper.
Easier to store, conceal, and dose. Plus there's no powder and it cleans your sinuses.

jamie
#3 Posted : 4/18/2014 3:55:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I use a small ammount of sodium bicarbonate for DMT snuffs..just enough so that the goo can become a powder. When I tried psilocybe resin snuff it was in vinegar solution..a few drops of that was so painful-so w/e you do..dont do that. It does work though. I will be using sodium bicarb with my mushroom resin next time, which will probly be this week.

I would like to try ashes in snuffs as well.

Also, one note on snuffs in solution..they are less effective IME than actual powder due to the drip.

Make sure you report back on snuffing psilocybe extracts. So far the only person I have spoken with who has done this is myself. I would like outside verification..esp concidering there is reports from people like Ratsch of nepalese shamans making snuff with psilocybes.
Long live the unwoke.

Entheogenerator
#4 Posted : 4/18/2014 8:48:42 AM

Homo discens

۩ wrote:
Theobromine is a known potentiator. I have seen extracts for sale.

I would dissolve the goo into a saline solution in a 1 dram glass vial with an eye dropper.
Easier to store, conceal, and dose. Plus there's no powder and it cleans your sinuses.

I forgot to add that to my list! I have quite a bit of theobromine powder, which I use primarily to counteract vasoconstriction from various substances. I wasn't aware that it was known to potentiate tryptamines! It is a mild stimulant, comparable to the caffiene content of a cup of coffee. Probably not strong enough to have much effect on the experience, but still worth mentioning.

Jamie, I will most definitely report back with my results. I have some mushrooms soaking in ethanol at the moment, and I intend to test it out this weekend. I have wondered though, what dosages did you try? I ask only because my stock of cubensis is [temporarily] limited, so I have to make due with what I have for the time being.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine