We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Frequency of use of DMT Options

ohayoco
#1 Posted : 5/11/2009 6:23:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What is a safe frequency of use of DMT?

I'm a little concerned about someone (not SWIM) who has told me that they dose every day and has started seeing things even when not smoking.

SWIM's rule is never more than once a week. He often goes longer without, the most having been 1 month in the last 6. He feels that smoking it more than once a week would make him too preoccupied with it, and he's even cautious that it could mess with his head. He already thinks about the experience etc often and daily!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 5/11/2009 6:43:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

oh its ok...SWIM smoked spice nearly everyday for quite a few months..and another SWIM smoked it even more..at way higher doses for a long time...when you do this...you kinda get to a point where you dont really want to do it that much anymore..

SWIM use to see things..and still does sometimes even when he hasnt been smoking it...its interesting..and the effects do start to wain after a while of not smoking the stuff...

if anything SWIM feels smarter and much more aware after his year and a half binge...he still likes to take aya..but smoking it is saved for very very special occasions...
it's a sound

ohayoco
#3 Posted : 5/11/2009 10:35:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
I'm a little concerned about someone (not SWIM) who has told me that they dose every day and has started seeing things even when not smoking.

Turns out I misunderstood, it was probably other stuff they were dosing daily with that was having these effects! But still, good for people to know how much hyperspace they can have! Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 5/11/2009 11:01:01 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I would say once a month or about 13 time per year (One session ever 28 days).

I think this is the best way to use any entheogens.

(*Note*- A "session" may last 1-3 days and consist of a number of doses)

I believe the use of strong entheogens such as DMT more frequently than this can be counterproductive at best and dangerous at it's worst.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Fatcat
#5 Posted : 5/11/2009 11:26:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I make it in hits, because I probably would do it everyday if I had, say, a gram. I do a ~30 gram (mimosa) extraction every week or two. It lets me play around with my technique, and I hold it in a much higher respect due to how much work I have to put in to get such a little amount. I could very easily see my self doing DMT everyday if I had the chance, so I'd rather not give myself that option.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 5/11/2009 11:31:16 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

'Coatl wrote:
I believe the use of strong entheogens such as DMT more frequently than this can be counterproductive at best and dangerous at it's worst.

I can understand the counterproductive part but could you please elaborate a bit more on the dangerous part?

pyx
#7 Posted : 5/11/2009 11:32:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze
#8 Posted : 5/11/2009 11:36:36 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Fatcat wrote:
I could very easily see my self doing DMT everyday if I had the chance, so I'd rather not give myself that option.

There's nothing bad about that. After a while you won't do it as much but still cherish the time when you did it allot. It's like exercising every day as apposed to once a week, which way would get you fitter and conditioned? Personally, I used to do it quiet often but at the moment maybe once a week. Mostly because other things are going on but also because I'm satisfied with that urge to go go go go, I think it's unhealthy if you forcefully ignore that - you should explore to your hearts content, maybe along the way you might be lucky enough to be shown more than you had bargained on. It was almost necessary to my day for a while..
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

DubRules
#9 Posted : 8/7/2009 2:08:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. I have had a stupid amount of deemsters lately and have been smoking it multiple times daily. Yesterday I smoked it five times, blasting off three of the five times. I cant stand being away from hyperspace. Its my new favourite spot and I have made so many good friends there. My mind has been expanded exponentially since i began using deems and i have no desire to drink or use any other drug anymore. Anyways, how often do you guys smoke and have you noticed any adverse effects from repeated use? I have felt like I have been abusing the molecule lately but love it so much. Sad

burnt
#10 Posted : 8/7/2009 8:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Doing any drug that often eventually will not be good for you. There is no evidence that dmt causes long term physical damage but it can certainly cause long lasting mental damage. Just look you are already saying that you've made "friends" there. Isn't that a bit off sounding?

If you feel like you are abusing it simply stop and take a break. Getting hooked on any drug isn't good. You say you can't stand to be away from hyperspace it sounds like you are trying to escape and that's not how such a drug should be used.

Nime
#11 Posted : 8/7/2009 9:04:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree with everything burnt has to say my brother. Take a break from it, surround yourself with people you love and are close to you. Even talk about it as openly with them as you are talking about it with us. I deeply believe in Freud's "talking cure", it has personally freed me from years of torment. Just talking about it might ease the emotional pain.

Good luck brother, you will make it through

Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler (continued)

I would like to make it be known that I do not actually put what I write on this website or any place into practice in the real world. I like to live a life of fantasy on the internet where I ask questions and give answers.

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 8/7/2009 10:19:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doesnt it make you realize, how sacred this world we live in really is? We should be grateful for our feelings, and the possibility of 3 Dimensional existence.

smokeydaze
#13 Posted : 8/7/2009 10:21:50 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

I was smoking regularly through the week, some nights even having 10 or so cones. No adverse effects, just lots of experience. Another member mentioned not long ago that he only started to make some headway after around his 200th experience and I'd definitely agree with him, the more experience you have the more understanding you gain. Enjoy it, there's nothing wrong, you'll know when it's time to ease off or take a break.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

۩
#14 Posted : 8/7/2009 12:06:27 PM

Do Amazonian Shamans have Brain Damage®?

Infundibulum
#15 Posted : 8/7/2009 12:43:26 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

۩ wrote:
Do Amazonian Shamans have Brain Damage®?

How this adds to the discussion?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jumiem
#16 Posted : 8/7/2009 2:41:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If Amazonian Shamans don't have brain damage then they most likely have some missing teeth and or limbs/digits. I don't think a link has been established between psychedelics and unusual health one way or the other. It seems to me that chronic/repetitive use of any type of experience inducing drug will eventually loose its major impact and thus become handsome like Tom Hanks.
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

jamie
#17 Posted : 8/7/2009 6:56:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

smokeydaze wrote:
I was smoking regularly through the week, some nights even having 10 or so cones. No adverse effects, just lots of experience. Another member mentioned not long ago that he only started to make some headway after around his 200th experience and I'd definitely agree with him, the more experience you have the more understanding you gain. Enjoy it, there's nothing wrong, you'll know when it's time to ease off or take a break.

well said...there is nothing wrong with repeated use until you find something wrong..only YOU can really know what is best for you..you said that you no longer have any desire to use other substances..depending on what you were doing before this could be a good thing.

..thinking you have "freinds" in hyperspace..ultimatily says nothing either way about you're mental state..but how you react and are able to integrate those experiences into "concentual" reality does have some bearing. Noone can say either way weather or not "entities" experienced in hallucinogenic visions exist externally to the known about human self..according to physics, if one were to percieve a higher dimensional being from a the perspective of a lower baseline reality, it is quite possible that it would sound like a voice in the head..this comes from science..yet that same "science" would deem those same people hearing the voices as schizophrenic..

just saying, seeing as how people here are so quick to judge others based on beliefs not proven either way.
Long live the unwoke.

burnt
#18 Posted : 8/7/2009 6:59:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Good point that its all about integrating the experience. Sometimes when people have moving or intense realizations on psychedelics they want to tell it to the world and spread the message. Often they wind up raving and gabbering and people tend to get a negative impression of the substances that way.

Going around saying I made alter dimensional friends is a lot different then saying I had visions of alter dimensional beings.

acolon_5
#19 Posted : 8/7/2009 7:16:52 PM

The Great Namah

Jumiem wrote:
If Amazonian Shamans don't have brain damage then they most likely have some missing teeth and or limbs/digits. I don't think a link has been established between psychedelics and unusual health one way or the other. It seems to me that chronic/repetitive use of any type of experience inducing drug will eventually loose its major impact and thus become handsome like Tom Hanks.

Untrue, there is a link. People who use Ayahuasca on a regular basis are healthier both mentally and physically. There were some studies done by the Brazilian gov when they were looking into making (keeping?) ayahuasca legal. There have also been studies done by the US government when the UDV sued the government for the right to use Ayahuasca...all point to not only no adverse effects, but actual healthier people.

Ayahuasca can be used daily without any consequences. There is a reverse tolerance with ayahusca. The more you use it the more powerful it is.

New currandero's will sometimes take aya more than once a day for weeks (sometimes months) on end. Many live to be in their 80's or 90's (not an easy feat for someone living below the poverty level in the jungle of Brazil). Aya is a healing brew, it is really used in S. America for healing, not spiritual exploration.

As for me, I used to smoke DMT often...like 2x a day for a few weeks, then I would take a break for a few weeks and start up again. Over time I used it less and less, and now I'm down to about once every 4-5 months. DMT, for me, seems to be unabusable over the long term. I think it is one of the most powerful ANTI-drugs out there. The more experience I had in hyperspace, the less interest drugs had for me. Even other psycadelics seemed less appealing. This is not becuase I was seeking more DMT experiences, it was just that I didn't feel a need or an urge to use other substances.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Aegle
#20 Posted : 8/7/2009 8:20:48 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

I smoke about once a month as for me i personally feel that's just the time frame of space that i need between journeys for now so that i can really work and focus on everything that i learn during my experience.

I'm at a bridge at the moment in my journeys and i really feel taking it nice and slow is the key to be able to have more understanding, growth and benefit from the journeys. But as my journeys with spice grow in understanding it might change but for now once a month is just perfect. Wink

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

123NEXT»