We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
loss of sense of smell? Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 4/17/2014 2:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been trying to avoid asking this.. and think its probibly a cold or sinusitis problem with the smell receptors in my nose but..
For the last week ..my sense of smell has disapeared 100percent so i cant smell anything.. but it has recently started returnuing then going away again...
I can still taste ok.. although some foods taste diferently now..
I doubt DMT is responsible for this.. but has anyone else ever lost sense of smell from DMT smoking?
just curious..

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ymer
#2 Posted : 4/17/2014 4:01:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While on DMT my sense of smell is a lot stronger.

thymamai
#3 Posted : 4/17/2014 7:23:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My mother lost her sense of smell with a face plant, falling off her bicycle at age 5.

Smoking has the same effect, but it isn't a permanent affair like that with the concrete, thankfully.

Mustelid
#4 Posted : 4/18/2014 11:53:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's interesting that there isn't a common word for loss of smell, like there is with other senses. Blind, without sight; Numb, without feeling; Deaf, without hearing; and American, without taste. Wink

I believe it might be evolutionarily in nature, somone blind or deaf can survive. Someone without a sense of smell is in great danger, not smelling predators, or a gas line left on and such.

starway6
#5 Posted : 4/18/2014 9:16:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just tryed a sinus decongestant inhaler today..and my .smell sense ..came back three seperate times within 10 minutes of using decongestant sinus inhaler lasting about two hours....!

Im not a doctor ..but that must mean that I have sinus congestion blocking my smell receptors..

Because strangly..i often can smell a little when blowing air .[out my nose?] ...

Ive had off and on sinus problems for years..I dont think its a neurological problem..

Im seeing a doc monday but am pretty shure its not more xerious than congestion or maybe an infection..