We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I feel my mother should try entheogens Options

kiang
#1 Posted : 4/17/2014 10:10:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My parents live a simple life in the country side, they live in a sustainable manner growing their own food. They are not religious in the strict sense (go to church, etc) but have empathy with some spirituality, praising the nature and respect for life and death.

My father is a good person, sometimes stubborn, is very proud of himself, has alot of backpain, works as a tailor, has traveled europe and africa as a young man but nowadays he really doesn't like to even think about going out somewhere. Had recently some depression and alcool problems, but has managed to grow out of it now.

My mother is a good person, very kind and likes to give attention to plants and animals, had a recent past with a struggle with a cancer that went alright, works as a tailor too, has traveled all of the country and some of europe as a young woman and nowadays she still likes to go out somewhere but because my fathers does not, alone she wont travel. I think sometimes she has episodes of anxiety, but she never shows it.

Honestly i think they live a perfect life for a good setting to work with entheogens, but i don't know how to tell them about it. Confused

I have been growing cacti mainly, and my mom takes care of them when i'm not at home. It makes some 7 years now that i have educated them ssslllooowwlly about these plants so they don't find it intrusive knowledge. Think of it as a brainwash Very happy

So i have been quite patient about telling them. My mom likes to do medicinal teas, so she is kind of openminded already. My paps likes to use garlic and kefir as medicinal aid, he too has a bound to natural medicines. But i'm not sure how they would react with a allucinogen..

My mom i guess, she has a better mindset for a positive first experience. My paps i dont think so, i guess he has a lot of potential wisdom in him precisly because of the potential BIG ego death that he might experience, cause he has a BIG ego. But once he knows, i believe he will transform in a inspiring person much more so than my mom. She is more of a "take care and spread the kindness" type. My father is more a "words and idea" type.

Soooo... i was wondering what you beautiful peeps think of all this.. i am in a crossroad of letting them know what they have now in the garden. Could they just kill all the plants or understand? Also, it passed my mind to give some teaspoons of ground dry cactus to my mom, little dose at first, to see if she react OK. After that and if she is willing a bigger dose and me as a sitter, of course i will say what she might expect.. after she is OK with the experience than we two would tell my paps.

What do you think of all this? Did you had some similar situation? How should i go about it? Would you ever consider drugging some dear, without their consent? Thanks all! [Mod]: No discussion of dosing without informed consent!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 4/17/2014 10:50:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kiang wrote:
How should i go about it? Would you ever consider drugging some dear, without their consent?

The first point I would wait until they expressed an interest in trying something of their own accord. The second point is not sensible in any way at all. Remove any part of that concept from your mind, please.

Whilst it may seem nice to share the incredible tools we have with others we know I am not sure it is sensible unless they are actively seeking such experiences. While I don’t know your parents, I would say that herbal teas, garlic and kefir are a massive jump away from potent psychedelic agents.
D × V × F > R

hug46
#3 Posted : 4/17/2014 11:16:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I 100% agree with d*l*b.

kiang wrote:
My parents live a simple life in the country side, they live in a sustainable manner growing their own food. They are not religious in the strict sense (go to church, etc) but have empathy with some spirituality, praising the nature and respect for life and death.

I also dont know your folks but from what you have written they seem to me to be quite ok without the drugs.

kiang
#4 Posted : 4/17/2014 11:22:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I absolutely concur with all you say. The idea of giving them without they knowing was, mixing the herbal teas with really small amount of peyote powder.. and saying after that, that too is a medicine. So after taken it they know that it is not a street drug, and my dialog with them would be more convincing. This is a far far scenario, 99.99% sure i'm not doing that! Razz

They are 65 years old, and those folks in my country are very conservative and everything related besides alcool and cigaretts are defenitively not accepted, and probably all coined as streetdrugs as would be a cause of dependency.

But you are right, i too am an adept of the idea that people must seek it and not be imposed in some way. Those that seek are the ones that are prepared and could make it as a potential way of life in a positive way. BUT.. if they dont know, they dont know Confused so giving them "lessons" (specially my mom) about peyote, that it is used by native tribes to expand the consciousness and to commune with the mystery.. was all part of a 7 year patience. My mom knows some stuff about it, because of my subtile suggestions, and is in no way against it, but i dont know if she really compreends what its all about..

It is a risk exposing them to that.. but i feel i should be honest with them. "I take it, does this and that.. do you take it?" - is this a right approach?

kiang
#5 Posted : 4/17/2014 11:37:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

They are OK without them.. but that IMO is not a "excuse" to not take them. There are many reasons why we take entheogens, and it boils down the each one of us.

I first took ayahuasca to cure myself of something i wanted to get rid. Nowadays i dont think i need to cure, i take to visit the mother\father just as i visit my parents in this existence, not really different.. why do it? Well my parents need me, as i need them to share love. I would like them to share love with mother\father, they do it anyway without taking entheogens, like we all do always daily anyway... but you know.. it is such a significant human experience that, not at least saying that there are ways to talk to god\father\mother\infinity\source in a fingersnap and at least entertaining the idea to partake it, is like not allowing the full human spectrum to be. I think it is at least important. Razz

hug46
#6 Posted : 4/17/2014 11:55:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kiang wrote:
I absolutely concur with all you say. The idea of giving them without they knowing was, mixing the herbal teas with really small amount of peyote powder.. and saying after that, that too is a medicine. So after taken it they know that it is not a street drug, and my dialog with them would be more convincing. This is a far far scenario, 99.99% sure i'm not doing that! Razz

I am glad to hear that it is unlikely scenario, i think if someone snuck a bit of cactus powder in my tea without my knowledge i would be far from convinced by the ensueing dialogue. If you need to spike someone to convince them, something ain"t right!!!

Quote:
It is a risk exposing them to that.. but i feel i should be honest with them. "I take it, does this and that.. do you take it?" - is this a right approach?

It is difficult to say. I have always been open with my parents about my drug use (she is 73, he is 83) but i don"t think that they would ever try entheogens. I actually really think that they could benefit if they went into the experience willingly (without me spiking them).

Quote:
They are OK without them.. but that IMO is not a "excuse" to not take them. There are many reasons why we take entheogens, and it boils down the each one of us.

I do not think that it is an excuse. They maybe completely happy in how they relate to the world and perhaps a life changing psychedelic experience could undermine that happiness as opposed to enhancing it.
If you want to share these experiences maybe explain what these drugs have done for you to your mum and leave it as an open ended conversation.

kyrolima
#7 Posted : 4/17/2014 12:19:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You sir, got to accept everyone !
elusive illusion

d*l*b
#8 Posted : 4/17/2014 4:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kiang wrote:
that too is a medicine

That one depends entirely on standpoint. To one person psychedelics are medicines, to another they are noxious substances that remove control from those who ingest them. To me they are tools and sometimes toys, but again, just one standpoint.

I personally would never advise someone who has not trodden this path to work with tools like this. It is a personal choice to make, and an extreme one at that.
D × V × F > R

pitubo
#9 Posted : 4/17/2014 6:19:35 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Never dose a person without their explicit and informed consent. NEVER!

Do your parents really need the experience, or do you need their affirmation of your experience that you have been unable to share with them. If so, and it is not a shame if so, then tell them so and ask them if they would like to try this experience that means so much to you.

Do explain carefully what they can expect before they take anything. Stay low on the dose the first time. It is impossible to accurately inform someone without psychedelic experience what it is like to have their ego completely melt away. First let them get their feet wet, then give them the confidence they can float and swim, before diving to the depth of depths.

kiang
#10 Posted : 4/17/2014 7:20:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
kiang wrote:
that too is a medicine

That one depends entirely on standpoint. To one person psychedelics are medicines, to another they are noxious substances that remove control from those who ingest them. To me they are tools and sometimes toys, but again, just one standpoint.

I personally would never advise someone who has not trodden this path to work with tools like this. It is a personal choice to make, and an extreme one at that.

I see this situation like this, when we are infants we go to kindergarten, after that school, highschool, college and so forth.. and our culture calls it education. But as a child i dont know what challanges lie ahead, but who has been there know a little about those challenges thats why a parent assures his son that this schooling will be beneficial for them, even if the child doesnt want to get up from bed, he should go to school. In our daily lives we might question why the education is like it is, but as a matter of fact is that we did get thru it.

What i intend to do with my parents is education. And all education has a theory and a practice. The theory was subtile information on plants used in a tradicional shamanic way. Now there comes a practice.

Maybe they made me and brought to life, so i could show them, this might be the path you talk about.. who knows?!
I go with what i feel, and i feel my mom is ready.

pitubo wrote:

Do your parents really need the experience, or do you need their affirmation of your experience that you have been unable to share with them. If so, and it is not a shame if so, then tell them so and ask them if they would like to try this experience that means so much to you.

I dont need any affirmation on their part, nothing to do with that. It is really all about them. This may sound cheesy, but i feel that they need a spiritual experience in their life..

pitubo wrote:

First let them get their feet wet, then give them the confidence they can float and swim, before diving to the depth of depths.

That is exactly what i intend to do. Smile

Also just want to clarify, obviously they have the last word on choosing to take peyote\san pedro or not. And if they want to remove all the cacti from the garden, i understand (and will be little sad). On a proper real dose it is their choice, always! The idea of dosing without consent, was on the scale of microdose. And lets be honest, we eat all the time garbage in the food, without any consent from the consumer.. but again it is very very unlikely that i do that.

I wanted to open this discussion to read what you think about parents partaking and if some of you have any stories you would like to share. Thanks all!

pitubo
#11 Posted : 4/17/2014 8:20:02 PM

dysfunctional word machine

kiang wrote:

kiang wrote:

I dont need any affirmation on their part, nothing to do with that. It is really all about them. This may sound cheesy, but i feel that they need a spiritual experience in their life..

But do they, that was my question. You cannot make them want it.

kiang wrote:
And lets be honest, we eat all the time garbage in the food, without any consent from the consumer.. but again it is very very unlikely that i do that.

I would not call that practice honest, to be honest. Another person's fault is never an excuse for our won fault.

kiang wrote:

I wanted to open this discussion to read what you think about parents partaking and if some of you have any stories you would like to share. Thanks all!

I can certainly sympathize with the idea. It is already a giant leap for my mother to take my cannabis extract for pain relief. Maybe my stepmother will partake in a psychedelic bicycle ride some day. I did invite her.

Jarppi
#12 Posted : 4/17/2014 9:34:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kiang wrote:
What i intend to do with my parents is education. And all education has a theory and a practice. The theory was subtile information on plants used in a tradicional shamanic way. Now there comes a practice.

Maybe they made me and brought to life, so i could show them, this might be the path you talk about.. who knows?!

You're talking about imposing a potentially traumatic experience on your loved ones, even more so if you give them psychedelics without them knowing it. I consider psychedelics a tool that is found by those who look for them and should never be forced upon anyone. If your parents are not open enough to the idea as to have a conversation about it maybe it'd be a bad idea handing them a spiked tea.

I can understand that sharing an experience of this kind with ones parents is an appealing idea, I for one would love to see my parents discover the benefits psychedelics could offer them, but it's not our choice to make. The most we can do is be open about the subject and try to spark their own curiosity.
"Do more of what makes you happy"

Global
#13 Posted : 4/17/2014 11:47:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I'm locking this thread on account of the talk of dosing without consent
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb