We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this really 'black' caapi? Options

The Unknowing
#1 Posted : 4/17/2014 5:34:06 AM

Life is a dream, the heart a compass

Looks like B. Colorada aka 'Red caapi' to me from a quick google search...not Alicia.
I asked the seller what 'Black' meant, and he just said it was the black strain. Very useful information.

Can someone who knows their Caapi vine please chime in?
Thanks Smile
The Unknowing attached the following image(s):
$_57.JPG (301kb) downloaded 73 time(s).
The Universe is Breathing
As Above, So Below, As Within, So Without ~ message from the divine

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

un-known-ome
#2 Posted : 4/17/2014 7:50:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have an ID but if it is, be careful with that stuff. By itself, it can floor you. That's the only ingredient you need for a brew. I was going to chase that down MHRB tea and let's just I never got that far...
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

endlessness
#3 Posted : 4/17/2014 8:24:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure what kind but most definitely NOT Alicia anisopetala/black aya .. But that´s probably a good thing since Alicia does not contain harmalas, will not serve to orally activate DMT, and we do not know anything about it´s toxicity, etc.

That being said, I´m not sure about the one you have ordered. If possible I´d at least try looking at the unreduced brew under blacklight and see if it shines, like caapi should, which would be a good sign for harmala presence. I´d also definitely start low at first, taking just that vine without admixture, like maybe 20g.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

jamie
#4 Posted : 4/17/2014 2:23:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

It does look like the pictures I have seen of Colorada, but that's not an opinion that should hold much weight.
Long live the unwoke.