We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Adios, World. Options

Vodsel
#41 Posted : 4/7/2014 8:22:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Viperoid wrote:
Cygnus , in which country do you live ?
I am terrified to hear that and now feeling paranoia because all my glassware is also stays wehere everyone can see in the home.

Bu the idea that will arrest you is little bit bugging me i mean in the end the thing that you do is some little experiment extraction of leaves , roots etc. How they can prove it ?
Or is it also illegal to making experiments at home where you live ? Can anyone please lighten me a little bit ?

Recommended thread - On the Legal Status of DMT Source Plants in the US (with a discussion of the religious use defense)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

d*l*b
#42 Posted : 4/7/2014 8:53:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Viperoid, it is not sensible at all to keep glassware on display in your home. Put it away, please. You never know who may come in and you don’t know who you know that will talk in the wrong place. Keep talk and the sharing of your interests to the minimum possible and be careful who you talk to.

If you plan on falling back on I was just doing “some little experiment extraction of leaves, roots etc“ you had better have some good back up for that story (remembering that you say nothing at all if you are being questioned by the police) and no evidence sitting about connecting anything illegal in your posssion to the possibility you manufactured it.

In my country it is perfectly legal to do “experiments”, however it is in no way legal to be involved in the manufacture of drugs deemed unnacceptable by the state. I guess this is the same where you are.

Do you actually do “experiments” using “leaves, roots etc.” that do not involve the manufacture of illegal drugs?
D × V × F > R

Viperoid
#43 Posted : 4/7/2014 9:06:43 PM

Street Chemist

d*l*b wrote:
Viperoid, it is not sensible at all to keep glassware on display in your home. Put it away, please. You never know who may come in and you don’t know who you know that will talk in the wrong place. Keep talk and the sharing of your interests to the minimum possible and be careful who you talk to.

If you plan on falling back on I was just doing “some little experiment extraction of leaves, roots etc“ you had better have some good back up for that story (remembering that you say nothing at all if you are being questioned by the police) and no evidence sitting about connecting anything illegal in your posssion to the possibility you manufactured it.

In my country it is perfectly legal to do “experiments”, however it is in no way legal to be involved in the manufacture of drugs deemed unnacceptable by the state. I guess this is the same where you are.

Do you actually do “experiments” using “leaves, roots etc.” that do not involve the manufacture of illegal drugs?

yeah sometimes... Actually many of organic chemists do this for find new kind of medicines.
Or they just extract the compounds and synthesize ther new derivatives
Impossible is just for ignorant fools

WanderingTraveler
#44 Posted : 4/8/2014 5:18:37 AM

There's no place like the Underground

The law.

It's nice when your not the one their asking the questions to.

Best of luck to you,
stay strong
And I am you and what I see is me.
And do I take you by the hand
And lead you through the land
And help me understand
The best I can.

Tranquil Traveler
#45 Posted : 4/9/2014 5:03:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's so frustrating to hear things like this happening to good people minding their own business and harming no one. Good luck.
The words of Tranquil Traveler are a madman's work of fiction written in light of entertainment.

cy6nu5
#46 Posted : 4/10/2014 11:31:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Viperoid wrote:
Cygnus , in which country do you live ?
I am terrified to hear that and now feeling paranoia because all my glassware is also stays wehere everyone can see in the home.

Bu the idea that will arrest you is little bit bugging me i mean in the end the thing that you do is some little experiment extraction of leaves , roots etc. How they can prove it ?
Or is it also illegal to making experiments at home where you live ? Can anyone please lighten me a little bit ?

I live where DMT and other N-substituted indoles (5MEO, 5OH, Moxy, etc.) are Schedule I controlled substances.

Me, I'm a guy who keeps an ultra low profile, despite being on probation. My problem is, I have an ex-friend who thinks I'm a sociopath (aren't we all, a little?) and an ex step-dad who actually IS a sociopath and a child molester who are both working in tandem to do everything in their power to make sure I spend a lot of time in jail/prison.
I tried telling the lovely inquisitors that I was working on extracting harmaline which is not scheduled, and not part of the analog act, either; also that I was an engineering student with a niche interest in organic chemistry and physics, hence all the glassware.
The Analog act is a tricky little devil, as it basically covers more molecules than most drug agents are even aware of.

It is not, in my jurisdiction explicitly illegal to own glassware, but it can constitute as paraphernalia in the right context (i.e. in tandem with other substances used in manufacturing).
The point to all of this is that drug laws, particularly where manufacturing is concerned is both:
a) Tricky, convoluted, and usually easy to undermine, and;
b) Mainly focused on cannabis and "hard drugs" with a special preference in prosecuting amphetamine manufacturing, particularly in homes with children, pregnant women, and those near school zones.
It's also really difficult to make a case without the presence of any quantity (which thankfully I did not possess) of the illicit substance. Presumably, there could still be some in the residue on the jars they seized, but I sharply doubt it.

Outcry against DMT is mostly unheard-of. Even most of the agents were ignorant of what DMT actually was, as well as DXM (dextromethorphan).

DXM, as a side note is a Schedule II controled substance (also an opiate analog) in my jurisdiction (as the nice agents were so kind to inform me), and possession of the pure form is a class 4 felony, with sale and distribution as a class 2.

tl;dr, as I do more and more research the more and more I find that prosecuting against an inactive DMT lab would prove to be laborious and difficult, and easy to undermine.
I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you Nobody too?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d advertise – you know!
I am the Walrus. Goo goo g'joob.

cy6nu5
#47 Posted : 4/10/2014 11:43:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I'm currently under investigation for manufacturing, so naturally I'm curious as to whether any of my fellow Nexians have had any run-ins with any Inquisitors or Archons (aka law enforcement) regarding their cooking.

I'd like to know what kind of trouble any of you guys have come across as a result of your interest in the spice. Were you raided? Did you serve time? Did you catch any charges? What charges? How did you defend yourself?
Please be as candid as you like; we're all criminal conspirators here with something to hide.

Even if you know someone, or know of a story or a story of a story, I'd like to know.
I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you Nobody too?

Cosmic Spore
#48 Posted : 4/10/2014 11:51:05 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

cy6nu5 wrote:
Well, I'm currently under investigation for manufacturing, so naturally I'm curious as to whether any of my fellow Nexians have had any run-ins with any Inquisitors or Archons (aka law enforcement) regarding their cooking.

I'd like to know what kind of trouble any of you guys have come across as a result of your interest in the spice. Were you raided? Did you serve time? Did you catch any charges? What charges? How did you defend yourself?
Please be as candid as you like; we're all criminal conspirators here with something to hide.

Even if you know someone, or know of a story or a story of a story, I'd like to know.

Were you raided?
Why were you raided, and what did they find?

What do you mean by "under investigation", and how do you know you are under investigation?

A few examples of busts in this post.

[Thread] Man charged with making DMT has “regret” & [video] Don't talk to police.

Update: here is my reply: [within] Adios, World.

cy6nu5
#49 Posted : 4/10/2014 11:58:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cosmic Spore wrote:
cy6nu5 wrote:

Were you raided?
Why were you raided, and what did they find?

What do you mean by "under investigation", and how do you know you are under investigation?

A few examples of busts in this post.

[Thread] Man charged with making DMT has “regret” & [video] Don't talk to police.

Yep, raided. I talked about it already.
tl;dr:
They came and searched my house, found glassware and jars with some bark residue caked on, NaOH, ammonia, citric acid, and I suppose they took the damned vinegar too.
Took my computers and drives as a present for Los Federales too. Smart me hid a thumb drive (now smashed and microwaved) in the battery compartment of a distortion pedal.

They came pretty late to the party though. I hadn't been actively producing for a couple months, save for a harmala project.
I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you Nobody too?

Cosmic Spore
#50 Posted : 4/10/2014 12:27:55 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

cy6nu5 wrote:
They came and searched my house, found glassware and jars with some bark residue caked on, NaOH, ammonia, citric acid, and I suppose they took the damned vinegar too.
Took my computers and drives as a present for Los Federales too ...

They came pretty late to the party though. I hadn't been actively producing for a couple months, save for a harmala project.

Bark residue, which if analyzed will probably show it contains some amount of a scheduled substance (DMT, I assume). Let's hope they either don't analyze it, lose your evidence, break the [evidence] chain of custody, or selectively choose not to prosecute you [for whatever reason]. You may want to look into jury nullification as a last resort.

cy6nu5 wrote:
I tried telling the lovely inquisitors that I was working on extracting harmaline which is not scheduled, and not part of the analog act, either; also that I was an engineering student with a niche interest in organic chemistry and physics, hence all the glassware.

That seems plausible and non-criminal, but suspicious in the eyes of the authorities (I imagine).

If they do investigate to the fullest extent, anything you said will be used against you (especially things they can show are false).

I wish you the best; keep us updated.

SnozzleBerry
#51 Posted : 4/10/2014 1:54:08 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

cy6nu5 wrote:
They came and searched my house, found glassware and jars with some bark residue caked on

That's a Schedule I material (in a context that implies you knew exactly what it was).

Please get yourself a lawyer. Sooner would most likely be better than later.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

SnozzleBerry
#52 Posted : 4/10/2014 1:59:38 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

cy6nu5 wrote:
as I do more and more research the more and more I find that prosecuting against an inactive DMT lab would prove to be laborious and difficult, and easy to undermine.

Three thoughts...

1) Stop doxing yourself - For the fourth time, I have removed personal information from your post that you should avoid posting at all costs.
2) Get a lawyer - All the research in the world isn't going to get you out of any legal situation you may be facing.
3) It doesn't matter what the investigators know. The lab will clear any confusion up with one report.

I'm really worried about this. Not only have you already put yourself in a very jeopardizing position (especially given that you're on probation), but you seem very intent on discussing this in a manner that is patently unsafe for yourself.

Can you perhaps elaborate on why you seem so focused on giving out these personal details when there is an active investigation underway? Just so you know, rushed lab reports for drug cases tend to take about two weeks to come back to the investigators. Standard reports can take a month+. Just because there are not police currently in your house does not mean that this is over.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

FloorFan
#53 Posted : 4/10/2014 5:47:18 PM

Off, Low, Medium, or High?

I second the lawyer. ASAP! They need time to figure out what can be done. Also, a LOT of legal action won't even be accepted if not done by a lawyer. I've read of self represented (not saying that you are thinking of self representing) cases where a judge asked, "are you a lawyer? No? Then I don't want to hear what you have to say."

Lawyer up! Don't wait to get arrested. If they come for you and already have one on retainer, all you need to say is, talk to my lawyer, over and over. You've said plenty already to the "authorities".
* Everything I write is made up tripe: whispers of wind coming off the blades in my face for I am a fictional man with a floor fan for a brain pan.

Say something to my face, I have no choice, but to replace my reply, with your Darth Vader voice!

Ashema
#54 Posted : 4/10/2014 6:24:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:

2) Get a lawyer - All the research in the world isn't going to get you out of any legal situation you may be facing.

This.

Years ago I had an issue that could have precipitated into something serious. I made a call to a law office advertising "Free Consultations". Within 15 minutes I had an answer and the next day I received humbled apologies. I went from exhausting sphincter exercises to considering a counter-suit. All from a 15 minute phone call.

Lawyer up or at the least go sit down in their offices with whatever information you have and get some solid advice.

Entheogenerator
#55 Posted : 4/10/2014 7:25:22 PM

Homo discens

SnozzleBerry wrote:
cy6nu5 wrote:
as I do more and more research the more and more I find that prosecuting against an inactive DMT lab would prove to be laborious and difficult, and easy to undermine.

Three thoughts...

1) Stop doxing yourself - For the fourth time, I have removed personal information from your post that you should avoid posting at all costs.
3) It doesn't matter what the investigators know. The lab will clear any confusion up with one report.

I'm really worried about this. Not only have you already put yourself in a very jeopardizing position (especially given that you're on probation), but you seem very intent on discussing this in a manner that is patently unsafe for yourself.

Can you perhaps elaborate on why you seem so focused on giving out these personal details when there is an active investigation underway? Just so you know, rushed lab reports for drug cases tend to take about two weeks to come back to the investigators. Standard reports can take a month+. Just because there are not police currently in your house does not mean that this is over.

Ashema wrote:
Years ago I had an issue that could have precipitated into something serious. I made a call to a law office advertising "Free Consultations". Within 15 minutes I had an answer and the next day I received humbled apologies. I went from exhausting sphincter exercises to considering a counter-suit. All from a 15 minute phone call.

Lawyer up or at the least go sit down in their offices with whatever information you have and get some solid advice.

Please take the advice of these two well-informed people. I don't know whether or not you understand the severity of the situation at hand, but there is so much you could be doing to protect yourself. I sincerely hope that you will. I wish you all the best with this, cy6nu5.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Anarkid
#56 Posted : 4/12/2014 6:39:22 AM

Student of the Universe

I don't think it can be said enough. GET A LAWYER NOW. I believe you have a good shot at beating this. They have no raw drugs. They may KNOW what you were up to, but they can't PROVE it without doubt. I believe a good lawyer can handle this for you without a hitch. I've seen people get off of meth manufacturing charges (a drug taken much more seriously in the legal system) in similar situation. All the components are there, no drugs. Just get the best lawyer you can afford (or maybe one you can't afford) and stay quiet. It is a shame that we are subject to kidnapping and detainment over such petty things as drugs. Even more of a shame is that should you resist kidnapping and detainment, they will beat and/or murder you. The world is a sick place. Stay strong. Stay quiet.
“Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

The glass is not half full or half empty. The glass is just too big.

cy6nu5
#57 Posted : 4/13/2014 2:45:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If I could afford a lawyer, I most certainly would retain one. I've consulted and all I've gotten is "I don't know what you've been charged with or will be charged with, so the most I can tell you is keep your trap shut". Bit late for that.
Unfortunately I cannot. Not to mention, I doubt I would even try to fight it. At best, I would cop out. I'm already going to get three years for a probation violation. Another couple for simple manufacturing wouldn't really make my life any more or less difficult.

It's been almost two weeks now since they raided me. It's curious that I wasn't even arrested. I'm only fishing to see what circle of hell I'm in at the moment. I couldn't care less about my own freedom at this point. I really don't have anything to look forward to at the moment anyway. I'm not far from being homeless, and I still can't find a job, being a felon and all that noise.

Simply put, I really don't care at this point. "Lawyer up, don't give up hope" are basically wasted words on me. I have to fight off suicidal thoughts on a near-daily basis.
Don't bother with the suicide help line number either. If I really wanted to kill myself that badly, I'd just go ahead and do it, and I haven't yet so I don't think I ever will.

I just don't really know anymore. Nor do I really care. It's just nice to know that there are people out there who are sympathetic to my plight and could just as easily be in my situation that I can basically tell not to be me.
I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you Nobody too?

redsquirrel
#58 Posted : 4/13/2014 6:32:38 PM
squirrel

Hey man, I am truly sorry to hear what happened.

I am in the same boat as you are, facing much more serious charges, in fact.

My house was raided, not by men in suits or uniforms but by a Hazmat team in full-on space-suit attire. I wasn't there but I hear it was quite a spectacle.

I was basically set up by an ex-friend who turned out to be an informant. He basically set up a meth "cook" when I wasn't home, left and called the cops. Not only am I being charged with manufacturing, but they tested the solvent and found trace amounts of meth. They are treating this as a finished product, so they weighed the solvent and now I am being charged with over three ounces of meth!

I have never been a drug dealer or manufacturer, just made some stupid decisions and let the wrong people into my life.

I know it sounds trite when people tell you not to give up hope. I know all to well the feelings of despair, helplessness and frustration that you must be going through. I too have thought of suicide.

The idea of fleeing and living as a fugitive can be tempting, it can even seem practical and fair. The justice system is anything but just. As you know, the law is hardly fair and good people are put behind bars everyday.

That being said, I think the best thing for you to do is to face this. Go through the process, as tedious as it is. I am not surprised that the lawyers have been vague with you. Until they know exactly what your charged with and have the evidence in front of them they really can't give you any advice. I know how hard it is not knowing what is going to happen, and the feeling that your life is in the hands of some prosecutor is maddening.

There has been some good advice given. Don't tell the cops anything. They can be sly bastards. You may think that it will look good for you to cooperate, but they will use anything and everything against you. They will probably try to make it look worse than it is. They knew that I didn't have three ounces of meth, nor was I in the position to ever have anything like that, but through a twist of the law and logic my fate is sealed. Truth be damned.

It may be that you will not be facing serious charges. In my opinion I would be worried about the probation violation more than anything. I am surprised that you were not arrested. Don't expect this to blow over, but it may not be as bad as you think.

I really do wish you the best. It has been four months since I have been arrested and I live with fear and anxiety everyday. Change and chaos are the nature of things, though. You will adapt, and eventually evolve. I urge you not to give into your impulse to run away from this. I also lived in a Buddhist monastery off an on for a number of years. This was before I got in trouble, but I know that it would not be a place for a fugitive. All of the monasteries that I have been to are aware that many people are running from things, and take steps not to get involved in these situations.

So to repeat what you have already heard, don't give up hope. Please don't give into despair and drive yourself crazy. I came here looking for support to deal with my legal situation. I am here if you ever need to talk. Goodluck and stay positive.

cy6nu5
#59 Posted : 4/16/2014 5:34:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ouch, squirrel.
Being set up for a meth cook is pretty ugly. Meth is treated a lot more harshly than any other drug, at least in my jurisdiction.
I'm basically in the same place with the ex-friend thing. People are not really to be trusted in most incidents with knowledge that could harm you. Given any reason, they might be inclined to set you up or put you on blast. Even like in my case where it's just as simple as calling said friend out on being a couch-surfing loser who is going nowhere and who just uses everyone and never pays anything forward. I also happen to have someone who has a vested interest in seeing me put away besides that friend, because I have dangerous information to use testify against him at his trial. If I can be made an impeachable witness, it's better for his case.

To quote Tool, "Someone told me once that there's a right and wrong, and punishment for those who cross the line, but it must not be true for jerk-offs like [him], or maybe it just takes longer to catch a total asshole."
I'm tired of waiting too. People like your and my 'frenemy' are a good part of the reason that otherwise basically inoccuous and decent people who just want to explore their mind go down in flames (you know, aside from the fact that what we do is just plain illegal.)
It's not like said ex-friend in my case wasn't also involved with the stuff too. He helped manufacture, helped obtain the needed products, in some cases, and then turns around and uses it to screw me so he feels better about himself.

I've never dealt the drugs, nor do I feel like it's okay to do so. I hate the idea of capitalizing off of nature as much as anyone else. It's just assholes like them that make the world a generally irritating place to have to stay for 70+ years.
I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you Nobody too?

Veritus
#60 Posted : 4/26/2014 1:13:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cy6nu5 wrote:
So the state drug specialist agency paid me a visit today.
They found beakers, a sep funnel, a crusty jar with some bark residue on it, and a bunch of other pretty incriminating stuff.
I haven't been charged yet, but I'm expecting the police with an arrest warrant at my door in under a week.
It's been nice knowing you guys. You got a great thing going here. Don't be me; clean up your messes. Loose lips sink ships. Trust no one.
I love all of you, even the ones I don't know. This community has given me a renewed hope in humanity, despite all of this.

Namaste; peace love and light.

-Cygnus

wow...crazy. I'm sorry man. but i would give up hope just yet. the fact there was no "smoking gun" kinda says something.
"When it becomes a part of every man's thinking that a single thought can change the polarity of our entire body toward either life or death - and can likewise change its entire chemistry toward increasing alkalinity or acidity to strengthen it or weaken it - or can change the shape of every corpuscle of matter in the entire body in the direction of either growth or decay - then the medical profession will radically change both its principles and its practices with the ailment of bodies."

Walter Russell

PREV1234NEXT