We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
A Guide to DMT Enhanced Leaf (Changa) Options

balaganist
#21 Posted : 5/8/2009 8:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Contact wrote:
can one tell me where to get b.caapi leaves from? i only find vendors who sell the vine Sad

Maya Ethnobotanicals just got some in Wink
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#22 Posted : 5/8/2009 8:36:02 PM

The Great Namah

acolon_5 wrote:
Uck, I'd stay away from smoking passionflower. It is one nasty tasting plant to smoke.

I always advocate the use of blue or white lotus for the smooth smoke they produce. I doubt that Caapi leaves really add that much to the mix (other than its spirit), considering that it takes 1/4 kilo of leaves to reach MAO inhibition.

Well, since I haven't tried it I will have to take your word for it until I do!

Heck I might even pick some up from HP my next order. Cool beans man.

How does Caapi leave smoke? I prefer smoother leaf, but am willing to try it.

You know you are probably right, even lotus adds a little something to the experience.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

reflexion
#23 Posted : 5/8/2009 8:42:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

passiflora incarnata blooms are very smooth, ime
we used to mix them in with our spliffs, the plant is native to my area

jamie
#24 Posted : 5/9/2009 4:23:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

is incarnata the only active strain known to be safe?? I think mine is incarnata but not 100% sure yet and have a bag full of dried leaf waiting for use.
Long live the unwoke.

Bancopuma
#25 Posted : 5/11/2009 4:39:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi y'all

Don't underestimate the power of smoking MAOI rich plants, caapi in particular - VERY tiny doses of MAOI's are required via smoking, they go straight into your blood stream via your lungs, so tiny amounts exert a powerful effect...

For example, try making up a caapi containing changa mix, and smoke a few bowls BEFORE adding the DMT...

I DEFINITELY feel the presence of the caapi in my changa, its definitely exerting more than just its spiritual presence (which is also cool)..

My fave mix (already mentioned it, but hey seems like the place):

33% finely shredded caapi vine (I would really like to try caapi leaf)
22% Mullein (lung healing, flavour)
22% Peppermint (soothing, anti inflammatory, anti nausea, flavour)
22% Passion flower (calming, mild MAOI)
-maybe a pinch of blue lotus

Tastes delicious Smile

idtravlr
#26 Posted : 5/11/2009 6:28:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Hi y'all

Don't underestimate the power of smoking MAOI rich plants, caapi in particular - VERY tiny doses of MAOI's are required via smoking, they go straight into your blood stream via your lungs, so tiny amounts exert a powerful effect...

Don't MOAI's work on a digestive enzyme? Meaning they need to be processed through the intestinal tract in order to be effective? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this has always been my understanding. If this is in fact the case I don't understand how smoked MAOI's (absorption directly into the blood stream) would help potentiate DMT at all... It's very likely that I'm missing a piece to this puzzle, so please, please, please enlighten me if I am.

Meaningful Travels!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

soulfood
#27 Posted : 5/11/2009 6:31:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

idtravlr wrote:

Don't MOAI's work on a digestive enzyme? Meaning they need to be processed through the intestinal tract in order to be effective? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this has always been my understanding. If this is in fact the case I don't understand how smoked MAOI's (absorption directly into the blood stream) would help potentiate DMT at all... It's very likely that I'm missing a piece to this puzzle, so please, please, please enlighten me if I am.

Meaningful Travels!
-idt

MAO is all over the body including the brain (I think) so oral MAOI's only need to be taken if you plan on eating something that requires MAO inhibition in the stomach.

So if one was smoking DMT for example, sublingual thh or similar would be more than adequate for inhibition of said enzymes.

I think MAOI action in changa is still a bit of a mystery.

soulfood
#28 Posted : 5/11/2009 6:45:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Hi y'all

22% Mullein (lung healing, flavour)

This is a new one to me... did some googling. Are you refering to "Verbascum thapsus"?

Also does anyone know if bufotenine would be able to replace DMT, what with higher boiling temp and what-not?

How does the DMT not burn? Do you literally get the top just glowing and then pull really slowly?

soulfood
#29 Posted : 5/13/2009 6:47:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:

Personally, Pau D'Arco does it for me but Blue Lotus, Calea and Passion Flower are also very good.

Could you explain the effect pau D'Arco has in this mixture?

smokeydaze
#30 Posted : 5/13/2009 8:30:38 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Haha Pleased

All I can say is it's different than anything I've ever tried before. Make a Pau D'Arco only mix to find out..
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

soulfood
#31 Posted : 5/13/2009 8:32:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm... think I'll have to.

50g's on the way with some caapi leaves and damiana.

smokeydaze
#32 Posted : 5/13/2009 8:35:46 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Nice, let me know how it goes and remember best ratio is 1:1 -> 1:1.5 (D:L).

soulfood
#33 Posted : 5/13/2009 8:41:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah SWIM's thinking 1:1 for DMT and 1:3 for a bufo smoke.

Bancopuma
#34 Posted : 5/15/2009 2:09:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi y'all,

Yes mullein is Verbascum thapsus, and arguably the most important herb in the mix apart from the caapi. Very smooth, lemony. This, along with the other herbs can all the bought very cheaply with Ebay. Some caapi leaves have just arrived from Maya as well and I'm looking forward to making a batch with these.

Smoking MAOI's is definitely effective. Terrence McKenna describes volleys of glittering visuals smoking caapi on mushrooms in True Hallucinations (vegetable television), and smoking caapi and Syrian Rue alone definitely has an effect.

Here is an Erowid report for smoking caapi alone:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=33549

Its weird the DMT not burning...I had to buy some changa at Boom in the summer..I considered myself to be on the cutting edge in regards to DMT, but never having heard of this stuff, I had to get some. I smoked a 1/4 of a gram in one go back home (around 22% DMT of total weight), expecting a mild herbal buzz...I mean surely this guy hadn't done his homework, right? WRONG. The experience was VERY powerful indeed, and absolutely beautiful, the visions were EXTREMELY bright, like looking into the sun...although it was very powerful (too strong to vocalise), there was very little anxiety. A little while later I smoked a little more, and it extended the trip, very similar to ayahuasca. There was even enough residue left for a beautiful trip in the sun the following day.

One of the things about changa I love is that myself and my friends who have tried it get a beautiful afterglow for quite some time after the main psychedelic effects have worn off.

Is good stuff that changa. And quite distinct to pure DMT (better I think). Anyone who is doubting, make some up, smoke a bit, and get back to me.

Peace Smile

smokeydaze
#35 Posted : 5/15/2009 9:47:13 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

I don't think more could be said Smile

Bancopuma, it's amazing how bright and colorful it is in comparison - I love that part of it.

Bancopuma
#36 Posted : 5/15/2009 10:22:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Amen man. Thanks for the heads up on the Pau D'Arco, some is on ts way... Smile

smokeydaze
#37 Posted : 5/15/2009 11:27:27 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Awesome! Use Acetone this time, ratio as specified.

Bancopuma
#38 Posted : 5/15/2009 7:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks man, will do...already have some acetone somewhere actually. Will let you know what features...

Smile

jamie
#39 Posted : 5/15/2009 7:56:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

think I will go pick up some mullein plants, I have never used it before..are the leaves or flowers best for the smoking mix?
Long live the unwoke.

balaganist
#40 Posted : 5/15/2009 8:05:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the info people, SWIM is pretty stoked that he is at the freebasing stage of his first Limonene extraction, and he has all the leaves and herbs ready to make some of this Changa Smile

One question - if one has been extracting with Limonene, is it ok to then dissolve the resulting freebase in IP alcohol or acetone, or should one use Limonene again to enhance the leaf? One is assuming that acetone would be preferable?
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

PREV1234NEXT»