We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
maoi's and migraine / cluster headache Options

Thunderhorse
#1 Posted : 4/12/2014 7:22:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anybody know if MAOI's can be used for cluster headaches, migraines with aura and hemiplegic migraines please? and if not , does anyone know if they might trigger them for some sufferers

I found the cluster thread here researching after having already made one at shaman australis
with a view to helping sufferer's and their loved ones
and it was awesome to learn Salvia is effective for one of the members here

but I am too "new" to post on that thread yet so I thought I'd link how far I'd got; here.
australis cluster thread
i suppose you think that's real fwokken funneh huh? x] baaaasterdz

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

pitubo
#2 Posted : 4/12/2014 7:31:27 PM

dysfunctional word machine

I would be extra careful. For instance, tyramine in your food can drive up blood pressure when it is not sufficiently broken down by the MAO enzyme.

BTW the link you posted doesn't work for me. Maybe that forum is members-only?

Thunderhorse
#3 Posted : 4/12/2014 7:36:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks and I am careful to diet well with just fresh veg/fruit and as many things as I can grow at home, I'm not one for preserves or aged foods either, I try to cut out all processed sugars and I can't drink alcohol
, even the smell can trigger a headache and I've never liked it anyway

I am fully aware of the maoi dietas in theory too after studying it everywhere I could for the past 3-ish years but I appreciate your making sure a lot, and do the same myself Smile
usually I link folk here to the dmt nexus info on it when it comes up in conversations.

Muskogee Herbman
#4 Posted : 4/12/2014 7:45:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a fellow cluster headache sufferer. I have never tried MAOI's but I have tried DMT during an attack and found that moderate doses can temporarily relieve the pain. I haven't tried a high dose for obvious reasons.

Have you tried mushrooms? LSA? LSD? I even heard kudzu could have potential.

I have tried No2, LSD, Mushrooms, ambien, and DMT with some success. I was recently prescribed Eletriptan but I can't afford it so I am just using samples to abort my attacks when they come.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Thunderhorse
#5 Posted : 4/12/2014 8:42:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to meet you Smile
hmm I was taught the craft by a Muskogee Smile
I have tried mushrooms and hbwr seeds with a lot of success, mainly mushrooms and mainly a lot of 100% success, it's just a git when a truffle order arrives that went off/ got too warm en route, and when the wild ones are out of season if you cant store them during a glut.

Some species of mimosa and acacia teas were nice and effective too but i was just warned of cyanogenic glykosides in acacias so from now on I'll be baking them and crushing them and airing them before using as tea
to air off the cyanide gas-release issue (a lot of plants do this anyway)
I compiled it in the thread at australis and when they allow me to post here I'll add anything missing from here.

I can't seem find lsd anywhere , all i can get is storys of how it killed everyone's friend
in the 60's which now I researched more I know is bullshit and pretty much sums up
the fact that you can't ask about acid in uk without being lied to, I would hate to get something it wasnt too...
and the other thing they say is "how about a bit of heroin or crack?"
(using their slang terminology - browns and whites)

I had sumatriptan tablets and injections with no effect at all
then they tried with rizatriptan tongue soluble thin things
they failed, they said if those tryptamines didnt work, none of the others they had would either (probably all the same with different names knowing them)
Home oxygen is a pain being a smoker but the people who deliver it are priceless
always brighten ya day Smile
prednisolone and verapamil seem to be crap so far
xylocaine nasal spray is useful to a certain extent (especially if you had to bang your head and accidentally cut part of your face)

have you seen the cluster buster's forum?
it's where I started learning initially about amides and magick mushrooms

Look forward to sharing tips n help for others in the same boat in our footsteps

I'll do more researching on kudzu thank you

Thunderhorse
#6 Posted : 4/12/2014 10:59:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
I would be extra careful. For instance, tyramine in your food can drive up blood pressure when it is not sufficiently broken down by the MAO enzyme.

BTW the link you posted doesn't work for me. Maybe that forum is members-only?

Thanks for the care and advice Smile
yes I just went and checked and I think it's in a members only area yes, sorry about that
as soon as they let me post here, I will add it all to the thread that exists here already
the main help link through it is for Cluster busters that is the root of all my learning in this direction

Thunderhorse
#7 Posted : 4/14/2014 3:07:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh yeah I got this 6 days ago from cluster busters...

CLUSTERBUSTERS
-ACTION ALERT-

Dear Friends of Clusterbusters

The U.S. Social Security Administration has recently been revising the neurological disorders Blue Book listings for the first time since 1985. Accordingly, Clusterbusters, the Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy (AHDA) and certain members of Congress proposed that they finally add a headache disorders listing. Unfortunately and without explanation, they have just refused to do, perpetuating a huge mistake.

But there is still a brief window of time until April 28, 2014 for you or any U.S. citizen to tell the Social Security Administration to change course. Write Social Security today supporting inclusion of a headache disorders listing, including Cluster Headaches, for fair determination of Social Security benefits for Americans truly disabled by headache disorders.

Once you submit your comment, you will be issued a confirmation tracking number, though it may take up to a week for your comment to appear on-line. Please don't submit the same comment multiple times.

Also, please forward this email immediately to everyone you know that cares about someone disabled by migraine, cluster headache, concussion headache, or other headache disorders.

Please submit your comment to: Revised Medical Criteria For Evaluating Neurological Disorders

The Social Security Administration has been entrusted by citizens of the U.S. and Americans with Disabilities Act to address and codify disabling conditions. In addition to the above action, Clusterbusters asks U.S. citizens to "sign on" to our letter written specifically to Acting SSA Commissioner, Carolyn Colvin.

On February 11th, 2014 Ms. Colvin's office hand delivered a Response Letter, to Clusterbuster advocate John Bebee. We feel strongly that this letter essentially perpetuates invisibility of chronic migraine and cluster headache by stating "We generally evaluate chronic migraine and cluster headache in adults under the most analogous listing-non-convulsive epilepsy-...".

We believe the agency has a duty to understand the only "analogous" feature between cluster headache and epilepsy is they are disabling.

Please sign the petition

People with all severe and disabling headache disorders urgently need your help. Please take part.

Bob Wold, President

ClusterBusters 501(c)3

Board Member, AHDA

Muskogee Herbman
#8 Posted : 4/14/2014 4:04:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oyy I felt completely failed by the medical system for 12 years! I've been prescribed a whole slew of dangerous chemicals to treat my headaches when all I wanted was some legit LSD!! I was prescribed Phenobarbital, Bella-Donna Alkaloids, Cyclobenzate, 800mg Ibuprofen, None of these worked at all.

I experienced my first attack at 13, and at 15 I dislocated my jaw so I began thinking my disorder was caused by TMJD, then when I was 21 I was introduced to LSD and I fell in love with it. I was doing it pretty frequently and during that period I noticed my headaches were gone. I hadn't had one between any of the LSD sessions, so I started researching psychedelics cure headaches? Thats when I came across what cluster headaches were. The pain described was the same I felt, I found where the vessels were that caused the issues and they are in the exact locations I feel pain, so Psychedelics pointed me towards a dysfunction within myself I wasn't aware of.

Honestly, it saved my life. As you know they are so bad I beg for death, curse America's Christian god, punch walls, violently vomit, and lose precious time that I need to work on my school work.

My only wish is that it was easier to obtain LSD, most of the stuff is knock offs or just dry. I have considered growing my own mushrooms, but I still have yet to. I have also been collecting Morning Glory seeds from my garden and have considered looking further into using LSA to treat it.

Beyond obtaining these medicines my next biggest issue is I am under intense stress most of the time so doing psychedelics really isn't on my radar during the semester, so sometimes I am completely unable to treat them and have to rely on eletriptan. I have tried microdosing and not succeeded due to the unreliability of dosage and quality of LSD.

Thanks for the link I had heard of cluster busters but haven't managed to make it to their site yet, I just registered though.

The link for the petition isn't working for me though!

[edit] I forgot to mention I'm not a Muskogee but my tribe is in the same family of tribes as the Muskogee. As Tupac says, "Its a clever disguise ..." lol.

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 4/14/2014 6:12:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use MAOI's on a regular basis now without triggering cluster headaches or migraines. I've used them in very large doses as well. I haven't allowed myself to suffer from an attack in years now so I can't say if they would relieve or abort an attack. Salvia does work for the migraines I've experienced but mushrooms and LSA work so well for the cluster headaches that I use that as my main treatment. I have yet to try DMT as a treatment because I eat mushrooms too often and never get attacks Very happy

Muskogee Herbman
#10 Posted : 4/14/2014 5:28:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is your dosage of mushrooms and how often? I am curious how to get the continuous preventive effect, I usually do a regiment then wait til I get headaches again

[edit] I was just thinking of LSA being a schedule III, is it possible to get a prescription for LSA to use for cluster headache prevention? Or is it out of the question because of the Precursor law?

Metanoia
#11 Posted : 4/14/2014 7:55:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
What is your dosage of mushrooms and how often? I am curious how to get the continuous preventive effect, I usually do a regiment then wait til I get headaches again

[edit] I was just thinking of LSA being a schedule III, is it possible to get a prescription for LSA to use for cluster headache prevention? Or is it out of the question because of the Precursor law?

I do high doses twice a month. 5 grams dried, usually with lemon. I have a very high tolerance for tryptamines so I wouldn't suggest that dose to anyone, at least that often. All the medications I took for my migraines and cluster headaches did something to my tolerance for these drugs. I believe it to be permanent, as I haven't taken any prescriptions for many years now.

2 - 3 grams dried every two to three weeks would probably be sufficient for most people to avoid having attacks. Even 3 grams once a month might be sufficient.

I doubt it would be possible to get LSA by any legal means, at least in most countries.

Thunderhorse
#12 Posted : 7/6/2014 3:53:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

used to use whatever a single pack of truffs weighed.... or

about 1g of dry wavys ...as needed and to remain fully functional - and without a doubt a life saver

ive so far found no triggers in scopulicola

nor s'rue on a separate occasion

i really feel you about feeling completely failed by the medical system , but not just that
insulted deeply by them too, the bastages...

also i'm learning cafergot is becoming rare as rocking horse poop since discontinued
can't get any through the drs and i researched its manufacturer since i could get a script
but to no avail...

they had me pummeling dihydrocodeine and naprox a lot
which i also just learned is really bad for the body

cool bout the muskogee , got a lot of warmth and understanding , and patience

sorry i hadnt replied in ages , i havent been online here in a long while

bliss wishes and hope this helps