We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Substances that facilitate lucid dreaming – A Case Study Options

Ufostrahlen
#21 Posted : 2/15/2014 8:04:50 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Day 2 with the AA blend:

before bed:

► listened ~ 15 min to binaural beats (4hz)
► intake 360 mg of magnesium citrate, 780 mg potassium citrate, 30 mg zinc gluconate and a 225 mg time-delayed releasing vitamin C pill

► slept ~ 4,5 h then woke up (three sleep cycles of 90 minutes)
► ingested 2 g L-Asp, 4 g L-Glut, 2x 200 mg pills of L-Theanine, 100 mg of Vit B6 & 3 puffed rice cakes, listened 30min to binaural beats (4hz), then went back to bed (total sleep break: 60min)
► woke up after ~ 4,5 h with a slightly better dream recall, interesting this time:

My dream consciousness found the asphalt in the dream very intriguing and touched it, but couldn't figure out, what was wrong there. Also a second supermarket appeared in an area where there's normally only one, couldn't figure that out as well. I was possibly on the brink of realizing that I'm dreaming, but no break thru.

► body feels heavy after getting up, yet the mind seems to be very clear.

Conclusion: will keep a book/journal about my intake and the results, if anything happens worth reporting, I'll do.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

starway6
#22 Posted : 2/15/2014 10:42:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Add ..galantamine choline to your WBTB stack..this should increase chances of dream lucidity...

Ufostrahlen
#23 Posted : 2/20/2014 10:51:46 AM

starway6 wrote:
Add ..galantamine choline to your WBTB stack..this should increase chances of dream lucidity...

If you write me a prescription or organize me a customs clearance waiver, I'll sure do. Wink
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

starway6
#24 Posted : 2/25/2014 1:27:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
starway6 wrote:

If you write me a prescription or organize me a customs clearance waiver, I'll sure do.

Not shure what contry your in..but in USA [natural galantamine].. is totaly leagle ..
but [Prescription galantamine]... needs a perscription...not the natural version of it...
The natural version of galantamine is safer to use than the prescription type..
If you find [dreamamins] [by advanced drean nutrition].. ...on line..[google]...
They will process your order on line and mail it to you!.. .......
Each vegetarian capsule contains..[4mgs natural galantamine with 20 mgs choline] its a totaly leagle herb...and very safe...
check it out...
Good luck..

Mimosa_Man
#25 Posted : 2/25/2014 5:08:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i didnt take the time to read all the posts in this thread, but incase it hasnt been mentioned yet, syrian rue, and caapi harmalas facilitate lucid dreaming for me when i take them combined... i havent taken caapi solo yet so i dont know.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
~Albus Dumbledore

Ufostrahlen
#26 Posted : 4/3/2014 11:17:52 AM

Well, after some trials with the AA blend, I conclude that it's not very effective. Certainly not worth the money, as the effects are very weak. Valerian has a more profound effect on my dreaming with only costing a fraction of the AA blend.

If anything happens worth reporting, I'll let you guys know.

Mimosa_Man wrote:
caapi harmalas facilitate lucid dreaming for me when i take them combined...

I'm done with caapi or harmalas for a while. The highest dose I took was 1g via the gibran2 TEK with 0 effect.

SKA
#27 Posted : 4/10/2014 12:51:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been drinking spearmint (Mentha Spicata) Teas lately, in the mornings and at night before bedtime and noticed that ever since my dreams have been getting more vivid & memorable each subsequent night.

Spearmint tea gives a pleasant, instant relaxation. Almost to the point you could say inebriation. This physically & mentally relaxing effect lasts quite long. (Perhaps because I like to smoke Cannabis joints with Spearmint teas)

No science to back it up but I thought it was interresting enough to report. I wonder which if Spearmint's constituents cause this relaxing & dream enhancing effect.
Wikipedia sais Spearmint contains "(Most abundant)R-(–)-carvone[to which Spearmint owes it's distinctive smell), significant amounts of limonene, dihydrocarvone and 1,8-cineol"

Would be interresting to make a crude spearmint extract and then isolate R-(–)-carvone.
Perhaps a few miligrams of pure R-(–)-carvone can produce the same relaxing & oneirogenic effects as Spearmint teas. If not you can make delicious drinks & perfumes with it Razz

Instead of letting ourselves be conned by all these salespeople pushing overpriced lucid dream pills & supplements, let's experiment with teas made from different herbs & spices and look out for any oneirogenic effects.

Maybe you could try Spearmint tea too, 2ce a day(in the morning & before bedtime), for a week or so and see if you notice any oneirogenic effects like I did.
Maybe you could experiment with other herbs & spices. On DreamViews I remember people
tried Turmeric teas and some claimed it to be oneirogenic. That could be experimented with here too.(Turmeric turns out to contain weak MAOIs)

If anyone has access to unprocessed cacao beans, it would be interresting to grind them and make hot water based chocolat drinks to drink before bedtime. Wonder if there would be oneirogenic effects. Maybe look up the original Chocolat-drink recipe of the Mayas, that included chili peppers & other spices as well. Would be interresting to see if this drink produced more vivid than average dreams.

Hot Milk is known to help many old people sleep better. Is that because of the tryptophane in it? I don't know, but a relaxed sleep may contribute to clearer & more vivid dreams too. I might try and make Chai soon with hot milk, Kardamom, Cinnamon, Star Anice & Black Tea and drink it before bedtime for a week and look out for any oneirogenic effects.

Thanks for rekindling my quest for the ultimate oneirogen, Ufostrahlen Smile

jamie
#28 Posted : 4/10/2014 2:54:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

nothing has worked as well as kirkii for me. Kirkii has actualy qualities of an entheogen for me as well, that works in my dreams. Stuff kind of blew calea and other dreams herbs I have tried away.
Long live the unwoke.

Ufostrahlen
#29 Posted : 4/10/2014 5:51:44 AM

SKA wrote:

Haha, your welcome SKA. Jamie got me with kirkii. It seems that it was the hot deal on the Nexus around 2010/11. I overlooked it probably and the interest meanwhile ceased. Btw, eBay has great prices on kirii and I think the money is better invested there as in spearmint. But I agree with you, over-priced quackery is a pain in the buns.

Edit: Tryptophan is a precursor for melatonin, that's probably why milk is good for your sleep.

jamie wrote:
nothing has worked as well as kirkii for me. Kirkii has actualy qualities of an entheogen for me as well, that works in my dreams. Stuff kind of blew calea and other dreams herbs I have tried away.

Can you tell us more about kirkii, Jamie? Aren't you the one that dreams lucid every night? And got tired with it?

SKA
#30 Posted : 4/10/2014 11:34:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
SKA wrote:

Haha, your welcome SKA. Jamie got me with kirkii. It seems that it was the hot deal on the Nexus around 2010/11. I overlooked it probably and the interest meanwhile ceased. Btw, eBay has great prices on kirii and I think the money is better invested there as in spearmint. But I agree with you, over-priced quackery is a pain in the buns.

Edit: Tryptophan is a precursor for melatonin, that probably why milk is good for your sleep.

jamie wrote:

Can you tell us more about kirkii, Jamie? Aren't you the one that dreams lucid every night? And got tired with it?

Interresting.

Kirkii is a cactus right? Never knew it had oneirogenic properties.
I too have entirely missed that. Wouldn't it be difficult to stomach?
How much Kirkii pulp/tea would you have to down for oneirogenic effects to occur?

Ufostrahlen
#31 Posted : 4/10/2014 11:48:30 AM

SKA wrote:
Kirkii is a cactus right?

Nope, it's a shrub named "Synaptolepis kirkii", which roots are dream inducing. See:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=14623 & https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=26826

SKA
#32 Posted : 4/11/2014 3:38:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The smartshop I sometimes order products from sells Kirkii, but looking at the doses CosmicLion uses nightly
this may be a little too expensive for me. He/she takes 7 grams Kirkii every night for 5 successive nights.

My local smartshop sells Synaptolepis Kirkii-powder for €6,50 per 3 grams. 6 grams costs €13,00 and then this would still be 1 gram short of the dose CosmicLion took each night. €13,00 X 5 = €65,00 for a nightly dose of 6 grams of Kirkii for 5 consecutive nights. Seems way too much for whatever effects it's supposed to yield, no matter how effective it may be.

Sad I need to find a normal smartshop with normal prices Sad

Ufostrahlen
#33 Posted : 4/12/2014 11:59:26 AM

Quote:
He/she takes 7 grams Kirkii every night for 5 successive nights.

No, he took .7 g = 700 mg

Alright, bought me some kirkii. I took ~500 mg some minutes ago for a start. Let's hope for vivid dreams tonight.

Pic shows a four gram piece. And don't buy from the shop SKA mentioned, these prices are ridiculous. Have a look on eBay.
Ufostrahlen attached the following image(s):
kirkii.jpg (175kb) downloaded 227 time(s).

datdmt
#34 Posted : 4/25/2014 3:49:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I took .5g of kirkii for 3 days in a row, the dreams got stranger and stranger, but today i took an hour long power nap, and i had the most intense and successful lucid dream in just one hour of sleep in the afternoon. Once i knew i was lucid, i began to focus on my breathing to stay in the dream. I was able to spawn people around corners, fly and have sex. When i became too excited, the dream would turn into this distorted thought/dream place where i could see my eyelids. If i just waited without thinking long enough...BOOM, right back into the dream.

I have high hopes for kirkii being a really easy way of having lucid dreams all the time, you just have to sleep long enough for REM sleep. 6 hours or less of sleep will not cut it.
It feels familiar , for good reason.

Mustelid
#35 Posted : 4/25/2014 4:30:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For vivid and weird dreams, there is Blue Stilton, the only cheese I know of that has an entry on erowid.

Ufostrahlen
#36 Posted : 4/25/2014 6:06:55 AM

Mustelid wrote:
For vivid and weird dreams, there is Blue Stilton, the only cheese I know of that has an entry on erowid.

Oh no, blue cheese!! Sick Thumbs down Sick Thumbs down
Damn, the lucid dream gods really put me on the test.

Edit: Sweet Dreams Are Made of Cheese via nature.com Laughing

Quote:
According to the Cheese Board, cheddar was linked to visions of celebrities dancing in your head.

Edit2: National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference (blue cheese):

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/...&new=&measureby=

I don't see anything special compared to Gouda, Roquefort or Cheddar.

So is it the Penicillium roqueforti ? I'm going to find that out..

4/26/ Edit: Well, after ingesting ~200g Gorgonzola and another blue cheese variant in the course of the afternoon with 50g 30-60min before going to bed, nothing special happened that night.

SKA
#37 Posted : 6/21/2014 12:39:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Though no substance, this electrode brain stimulation method appears to be effectively inducing Lucid Dreams:
http://higherperspective...ation.html?utm_source=HP

Very interresting electric/electromagnetic pulses in just the right freuency can do that. Reminds me of the God-Helmet.
Would be very interresting to further explore the Alteration of Consciousness using Scalp-electrodes & Electric currents of various strengths and frequencies. Who knows... it could help the sleepless sleep, the distracted concentrate, the fearful feel at ease..etc And it might induce awe-inspiring Psychedelic states ^_^

Defenitely worth more exploration.
I don't mean to digress too far, but since this method DOES induce Lucid Dreams I thought it may interrest you.

Ufostrahlen
#38 Posted : 6/21/2014 4:57:01 PM

SKA wrote:
I don't mean to digress too far, but since this method DOES induce Lucid Dreams I thought it may interrest you.

Wow, that's quite technical but thanks. Hopefully technology gets better and we can buy those electrodes for a bargain.

Regarding the Gorgonzola studies: I ate +5 packages of Gorgonzola since the last post with no noticeable effects.

Futhermore, I add Pharmacological Induction of Lucid Dreams by Thomas Yuschak to this thread so it's filed for future oneironauts.

Bancopuma
#39 Posted : 7/8/2014 10:52:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just to chime in, had some amazingly vivid dreams last night... Was tired from Sunday night from doing the data entry till late and didn't sleep well, so had an early night last night and did some mindfulness meditation while listening to some binaural beats prior to sleep.

Also had a pinch each of kirkii and capensis herbs prior to this. Mad dreams, loads going on and vivid! Was in a lecture, a guy was talking about the benefits of mass coral spawning, and of the harvesting of some of this, was the next big superfood craze it seemed, made you feel nice apparently! Was invited for post lecture drinks.. Later on, I was being shot at by soldiers somewhere. Weird in that I didn't know I was dreaming, but there was no fear associated with this obviously life threatening situation, I knew I was impervious and walked out to confront them, threw one of them like twenty feet and shot back at them...weird! My last dream fragments before waking was the perception I had developed telekinetic powers, and with focus and will I could move and levitate things with my mind...it was like I had just figured this out though, as took focus and concentration to even move small objects! So vivid though, it really felt like this was real, like I had superpowers of some kind and was one of the X-men or something! Haven't dreamt so vividly in a while, I do think the pre bed meditation synergises nicely with the dream herbs...wrote as much down as I could, will persevere with this herbal combo, hard to know how much the herbs are contributing, and which is contributing more...the capensis is the most recent addition to the mix though, have only had it a few times, have been ingesting the kirkii for longer, with inconclusive results (sometimes dream vividly, sometimes not). Amazing recall this morning, had a miniature essay to jot down in my dream journal.

To be honest I feel the pre sleep mindfulness meditation (lying down in bed) using breath and bodily sensations as an anchor for awareness, is a great addition and possibly as effective for dream work as any herbal concoctions, I recommend it, and the binaural beats may be having an influence as well. There is good evidence that meditation in low level light increases natural melatonin levels which will likely only be beneficial. Going to continue to experiment with this combination, will be more proactive with affirmations and reality checks during the daytime as well.

Tyler_Trismegistus
#40 Posted : 7/8/2014 11:10:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its not a substance, but I have this machine called a SOTA bio tuner BT8. Its a type of cranial electronic stimulation therapy with six different settings of frequencies. Within two days of using it twice a day my dreams were INCREDIBLY vivid and I got the best sleep of my life. Its truly an amazing machine. I've never reqd a bad review on one and every person I've seen who did the three week treatment has noticed their anxiety depression and insomnia all disappeared... and some of these people were on SSRIs for over ten years. I originally got it when I got out of rehab because when Bob beck invented it, they treated Pete Townsend from the who with it and cured him of heroin addiction in a week with no withdrawal. It corrects chemical imbalances and fires neurons to improve the conductivity between them. I can't stress enough that this machine is AMAZING and has helped me an incredible amount. But yeah, they can also help you to achieve lucid dreams... especially along with some calea, nootropics and vitamins Smile peace to you!

PREV123NEXT