We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
psilocybe snuff does work Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 1/4/2014 4:03:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I am not going to go into any great detail yet about this, but psilocybe alkaloids do work very well in my experience as a snuff. It seems they are much more active this way as opposed to oral, come on within 5 minutes and the experience is shorter. Body effects are very clean and clear, very similar to DMT. Mentally it feels cleaner as well.

I have only tested a very light dose once so far. It was enough to achieve a nice tryptamine glow. No closed eye visuals or visions, but a mild open eye visual enhancement and very nice mental effects. The dose would have been to low to produce this effect orally.

The preperation I worked with was a tincture, becasue I have been experimenting with sublingual psilocybe alkaloids, which also works very well and produces a clean and clear more condensed experience..but I will talk about that elsewhere.

I snuffed just two drops of the tincture as a tester dose. It was prepared by making a tea with a small ammount of ascorbic acid and lemon, filtering and evaporating down to a resin on lowest setting in a dehydrator, and then redissolving the resin in minimal ammount of water/vinegar mix in a tincture bottle. I cant get ethanol here which is why I did it this way. The tincture was then stored in the freezer to keep it fresh, and thawed out before each use. At this dose I was baseline within 2 hours. Same timeframe with sublingual. Might go longer with larger visionary doses, but it is definatly shorter and cleaner than even tea.

Next time for a snuff I would follow a more traditional virola style recipe..where a dry water extract/resin is mixed with small ammounts ashes or some other kind of bulking agent so that the resin can be powdered.

I always had a feeling this would work quite well. More and more people have been telling me how great 4acoDMT works as a snuff, and I have heard that snuffing synthetic psilocybin produced a really powerful DMT style experience. Christain Ratsch claimed to witness Nepalese shamans using psilocybe mushrooms in a snuff.

This should be obvious, but I am NOT talking abotu snuffing dry powdered mushrooms. I am referring only to extracts. If you try to snuff dry mushroom powder it will probly expand inside your nose like a sponge, and be very unpleasant with minor effect.
Long live the unwoke.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Mr.Peabody
#2 Posted : 1/4/2014 5:09:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is very interesting! I have some tincture in ethanol right now, and I never considered trying it sublingualy. I really don't know why.... it would have been worth a try!

Was there any unpleasant effects to the nose?

I look forward to hearing how it works with the ash/powdered mixture.
Be an adult only when necessary.

jamie
#3 Posted : 1/4/2014 5:17:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah well it's an acetate tincture..so it burns a bit but I am used to DMT snuffs. Never snuffed anything other than tryptamines and harmalas so I dont know how it compares. I never planned to do it this way. My idea was to make it as close to a virola resin preperation as possible..but I had the tincture there and figured I would try.

Make sure you get it very concentrated if you want to use the tincture sublingual. Just 2-3 drops at a time otherwise its too much liquid. I take 3 drops..hold it for 5 minutes..swish it around if it comes out from under my tounge..spit it out and then another 3 drops. Sometimes I take sublingual harmalas first.

Just get it as concentrated as you can is what I do.
Long live the unwoke.

Entheogenerator
#4 Posted : 1/4/2014 10:44:00 PM

Homo discens

Interesting technique! I would very much like to try this some time soon. Thanks jamie!

jamie wrote:
This should be obvious, but I am NOT talking abotu snuffing dry powdered mushrooms. I am referring only to extracts. If you try to snuff dry mushroom powder it will probly expand inside your nose like a sponge, and be very unpleasant with minor effect.

Plus the spores might germinate and then you'd have mushrooms growing in your lungs and out your nose! Laughing
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Gone-and-Back
#5 Posted : 1/9/2014 12:06:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would this method work with a dry extract of mushrooms, purified to the point of being able to be vaporized?

There was a method that I had read on here that produced a product pure enough for vaporization. It consisted of washes with a aromatic solvent such as ether (or DCM since its much more available), washes in acetone, and then washes in I believe alcohol. The DMC and Acetone are discarded, containing mostly sugars and other unwanted things, and the alcohol is then evapped to leave a dry powder that can be scraped up and vaporized, made into a tincture, or just plain eaten.

Would this extract be pure enough for snuffing? Would it have to be dissolved in something like water first, or could just the dry extract be crushed up and used on its own?

Edit: It is not an aromatic solvent, it is a halogenated solvent such as chloroform and DCM. I apologize.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 1/9/2014 5:44:51 AM

Homo discens

Gone-and-Back wrote:
Would this method work with a dry extract of mushrooms, purified to the point of being able to be vaporized?

There was a method that I had read on here that produced a product pure enough for vaporization. It consisted of washes with a aromatic solvent such as ether (or DCM since its much more available), washes in acetone, and then washes in I believe alcohol. The DMC and Acetone are discarded, containing mostly sugars and other unwanted things, and the alcohol is then evapped to leave a dry powder that can be scraped up and vaporized, made into a tincture, or just plain eaten.

Would this extract be pure enough for snuffing? Would it have to be dissolved in something like water first, or could just the dry extract be crushed up and used on its own?

Edit: It is not an aromatic solvent, it is a halogenated solvent such as chloroform and DCM. I apologize.

I would imagine that an extract pure enough to be vaporized would likely be pure enough to be snuffed, but I could be wrong.

I haven't heard of this method, but I am really curious about it... Any chance you have the link?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it! Rolling eyes
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Gone-and-Back
#7 Posted : 1/9/2014 11:44:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I do have the link.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=27807&p=2

It is an interesting thread, and the above tek is discussed around post #30 on the second page. Apparently its the Albert Hoffman method. Anyone interested in extracting from mushrooms should give it a read and try it out. I plan on testing it out whenever I have a larger amount of material to work with.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#8 Posted : 1/23/2014 12:10:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been away from the internet for a while, so sorry to resurrect an older thread. Very interesting stuff, I'm curious about your exact process for making a tincture effectively jamie.

Thanks for your efforts. Keep this thread goin!Thumbs up
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Entheogenerator
#9 Posted : 4/6/2014 4:32:20 AM

Homo discens

I realize this thread has been dormant for a few months, but I plan on experimenting with this process some time in the near future.

Jamie, any chance you would be willing to elaborate on what you would have done differently if you had used ethanol? I'm guessing you might have just dissolved the resinous crude extract in ethanol rather than dilute vinegar, but I figured I would ask just to be sure.

jamie
#10 Posted : 4/6/2014 6:22:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would make a resin, with either alcohol or evaporated tea w/e..and then add some kind of filler to the goo so that it can be powdered..and then I would snuff that. Nepalese shamans have been observed making a snuff called "thapana" that includes psilocybes(cubensis are known apparently), as well as cannabis and datura and amanita (Ratsch, Muller. 2000). They call the psilocybes "traveling mushrooms" apparently and identify a number of species. The snuff is stored in a bamboo tube..

So this is a method worthy of more exploration IMO...
Long live the unwoke.

Entheogenerator
#11 Posted : 4/6/2014 7:45:52 AM

Homo discens

Great, thanks for the information Jamie! I will keep you posted on any progress I make while exploring this ROA.

jamie
#12 Posted : 4/6/2014 7:53:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

try to do all of this with little to no heat as well..maybe add some ascorbic acid before evaporated to help keep it stable..
Long live the unwoke.

xantho
#13 Posted : 4/6/2014 8:37:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this jamie - fascinating work you're doing. I was also very interested to read your comments on thapana and the Nepalese shamans. I'll definitely read up further.

Entheogenerator - looking forward to hearing about your experiments and process.

"Becoming a person of the plants is not a learning process, it is a remembering process. Somewhere in our ancestral line, there was someone that lived deeply connected to the Earth, the Elements, the Sun, Moon and Stars. That ancestor lives inside our DNA, dormant, unexpressed, waiting to be remembered and brought back to life to show us the true nature of our indigenous soul" - Sajah Popham.

Entheogenerator
#14 Posted : 4/6/2014 11:35:35 PM

Homo discens

jamie wrote:
try to do all of this with little to no heat as well..maybe add some ascorbic acid before evaporated to help keep it stable..

Thanks, that was my intention.

Entheogenerator
#15 Posted : 4/7/2014 2:36:16 AM

Homo discens

One more question for you Jamie, if you'd be so kind as to answer. Wouldn't it be more efficient to do separate pulls of both ethanol and methanol, due to the differing solubilities of psilocin and psilocybin? Is there a chance that an ethanol extraction would leave behind any psilocin present in the mushrooms?

I'm not necessarily trying to do a full extraction per se, as I am well aware of the difficulties others have faced with this, but I would certainly like to maximize the yield of active alkaloids in my crude extract while minimizing the amount left in the fungal tissues.

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#16 Posted : 4/7/2014 2:57:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I would make a resin, with either alcohol or evaporated tea w/e..and then add some kind of filler to the goo so that it can be powdered..and then I would snuff that. Nepalese shamans have been observed making a snuff called "thapana" that includes psilocybes(cubensis are known apparently), as well as cannabis and datura and amanita (Ratsch, Muller. 2000). They call the psilocybes "traveling mushrooms" apparently and identify a number of species. The snuff is stored in a bamboo tube..

So this is a method worthy of more exploration IMO...

Hmm, i have a bottle of acidified ETOH extraction sitting around. May have to bust out the food dehydrator and see what happens.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

lobo
#17 Posted : 4/7/2014 4:30:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jamie excelent contribution.

How much dose of shroom you take for snuff?? 0.5g ?

Grettings!Thumbs up