We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extreme migraine/cluster headache after new batch Options

OrionFyre
#1 Posted : 3/25/2014 8:07:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Whoa I need some input folks.

A friend of mine who I took under my wing had performed his first extraction on some ACRB. His results turned out good for his first run. (Or so it seemed)

The result was a slightly tan material that was slightly tacky. He followed the same tek I do (cybs), however I get a clean white pwdery crystal. I suspect he was rushed and not as fastidious as I am in allowing seperation and cleanliness.

Well. Down to it then. He invited me over to partake in his efforts. We meditated and offered our prayers as per my ritual. He let me go first. I load up 40 mg of the slightly tacky powder to my pipe. I inhale a long slow toke. Its slightly less "plastic-y" than im used to.

The initial alert is strong. My heart skips a beat and thumps harder than tupucal. "Ok" I think, "lets keep it to one toke"

I have a giant lungfull and pass off my piece. The alert is Picking up and the rush starts hitting me. The carrier wave however picks up from a medium pitch buzz to something akin to static on the tv but much louder and 'course' if that makes sense.

As is typical for me I feel my arms become weightless and want to lift up. Pressure quickly builds up in the front of my skull. It actually hurts. Involuntarilly I sit up and open my eyes and WHAM it feels like ive been cracked over the top of my head with a bat. I panic slightly from the feeling inmy head but im more disoriented by my visuals. I have never in many years opened my eyes during a trip.

His down coat and sleeping bag are laying out being prepped for a camping trip. Fractals are everywhere. The orange and red material is blindingly bright. My head is throbbing in pulses. The static has been continuing to build. It begins to pulse with the throbbing in my head taking on the nature of thunder strikes. The fractals comprising everything around me jump out and lunge with each throb.

Later my friend tells me I looked back and forthwith a look of panic. Said I mumbled something about my head then whimpered in submission with my hands holding my head crying "theres nothing here. This space is bad".

As things calmed down the fractals solidified and I looked around the place. I saw these fractally arranged tiny blue "worms" writhing through the fabric of the couch. I could feel them crawling in my skin. "Just observe" I kept telling myself "it will be over soon". As it died down I came to see the fractal worms were just little pilled pieces of fabric from the couch.

My head ached pretty bad. I curled up into a ball on my side with my hands wrapped over my head. Two hours went by till the migraine subsided.

This occured 4 days ago as of this posting. My head ached for two days gradually subsiding.

Obviously with that reaction my friend did not partake. He did use some of my powder and had a good launch.

Im afraid to try it again afraid I seriously screwed something up. I have NEVER had such a sever reaction to spice. From the initial alert I knew something was wrong. Does anyone have any ideas what may have happened? Im genuinely concerned enough that unless I get some reasonable explanation I'll never touch this stuff again. ..
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 3/25/2014 10:22:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im no Doctor or medical expert it could be a number of things. Migraine can be caused by high blood pressure I know that much so if your blood pressure was already high then DMT could raise it further.
Quote:
According to a "Dose-response study of N,N-dimethyltryptamine in humans" by Rick Strassman, "Dimethyltryptamine dose slightly elevated blood pressure, heart rate, pupil diameter, and rectal temperature, in addition to elevating blood concentrations of beta-endorphin, corticotropin, cortisol, and prolactin. Growth hormone blood levels rose equally in response to all doses of DMT, and melatonin levels were unaffected."[55]

I certainly wouldnt rule out solvent contamination either.

How are you now? Did it leave any lasting symptoms?

OrionFyre
#3 Posted : 3/25/2014 1:57:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Im no Doctor or medical expert it could be a number of things. Migraine can be caused by high blood pressure I know that much so if your blood pressure was already high then DMT could raise it further.

I certainly wouldnt rule out solvent contamination either.

How are you now? Did it leave any lasting symptoms?

I used to have high blood pressure, but its been perfectly normal for the last four years, surprising what exercise can do. Lol. I checked my blood pressure at work after sitting down for break last night, and it is atypically elevated 125/75. (Normally 115/60) However I don't know if thats an after affect or if its been high. My last check was over two months ago.

Thank you for the quote as well.

Ive had a minor background ache in the front part of my head right above my eyes since the event. Barely noticeable untill I spend time under fluorescent lights. Of course now that ive had an 'event' all these thing are apparent, or im overanalyzing stuff (read:hypochondria).

As to lasting symptoms... Sensitivity to light seems pronounced and marked, im pretty sure im not imagining it. Mental accuity has been blunted. I like to do "mathemagic" like squaring very large numbers in my head or multiplying five and six digit numbers. I seem to not be able to keep track of my numbers well, related I found it difficult to carry on conversations today at work. These may be from my restless sleep the last few nights. And thats the last major thing. Sleep has not been coming easy because of the migraine and latent headache.

ETA: I just got off the phone with him. He did not perform an evaporation test on his solvent. It is the same stuff I use, but he's poured out a hundred mils to do a test for me now that you've mentioned it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

wearepeople
#4 Posted : 3/25/2014 3:40:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did he have any of the symptoms you did?

It would probably behoove you to go see a doctor and explain your initial and persisting symptoms.

I seriously doubt it was a true migraine as the onset of such headaches are fairly distinct. They are preceded by what is called an "aura". Auras vary from person to person but often include visual distortions, a pulsing sensation and pain behind one eye ball, and often the headache starts on one half of the brain.

I truly hope you can find a resolution.

Also, here's a thread on migraines: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=35628

Hopefully, Corpus Collosum sees this thread and chimes in.

Best wishes,
wap
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

OrionFyre
#5 Posted : 3/26/2014 12:10:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wearepeople wrote:
Did he have any of the symptoms you did?

It would probably behoove you to go see a doctor and explain your initial and persisting symptoms.

I seriously doubt it was a true migraine as the onset of such headaches are fairly distinct. They are preceded by what is called an "aura". Auras vary from person to person but often include visual distortions, a pulsing sensation and pain behind one eye ball, and often the headache starts on one half of the brain.

I truly hope you can find a resolution.

Also, here's a thread on migraines: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=35628

Hopefully, Corpus Collosum sees this thread and chimes in.

Best wishes,
wap

Understandably so my friend did not use any of his material after my adverse reaction. Sooo we only have an n=1 sample size. Thanks for the thread link i'll get to reading.

Update: The evap test he did this morning left no trace residue, "I can't see, or taste, any residue in the dish" taste? "well I dont know, I couldnt see anything so I licked the dish..." LOL. Hes willing to try some of his stuff tonight to see. Im on my way over there in about an hour. Regardless he's got all but a couple doses going for a re-x.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

DreaMTripper
#6 Posted : 3/26/2014 5:59:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah a reX is a must I think at the very least it may give some peace of mind.

OrionFyre
#7 Posted : 3/28/2014 2:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I do apologize for the delay but its been a rough couple days. Still suffering the lingering effects and my work schedule has been chaotic. I still have a general ache, sleep has been rough, and physical exertion increases the intensity. My odd work hours, the fluorescent lights, and poor sleep are all conspiring against me along with my paranoia.

My friend tried his extraction and reported it wasn't as "enjoyable". Though this may come from trepidation. Regardless he dosed thrice more up to and through breakthrough and no reaction as bad as mine, though it was 'twisted'.

A visit to the doctor came up empty handed. Blood pressure is normal, nothing he could observe. Unfortunately he didn't seem interested in delving any deeper than condemning drug use.

"I just think you're playing with fire is all"
How else am I supposed to smoke without fire.

Regardless... the re-x material is reported to be choice. My boyfriend is exceptionally more worried than me and has made me promise to abstain from all intoxicants for a couple months and fast for a while as well. Sounds reasonable to me.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

pitubo
#8 Posted : 3/28/2014 4:27:12 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Try getting a good neck massage. If it doesn't help, it shouldn't make things worse either. In any case, it should help you relax a bit and maybe get a better overview of your situation.

My recommendation is for a relaxing massage of the uppermost parts of the neck, where it attaches to the head. Particular focus should be put on the tissue under the skull base. Gentle massage of muscles of the skull (around ears, temples) is also good. I have noticed with myself and with others that a lot of psychological tension gets stuck at the base of the skull.

I emphasize the need for a very gentle massage, as too much force may actually make you more tense then you already were. So no forcing, but only gentle touching is the way, as if the relaxedness of the touch is transferred in and by the touch.

shanedudddy2
#9 Posted : 3/29/2014 2:04:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As to the suggestion of fasting... please don't.
How exactly will not eating help medical issues? o_0
Eat fruit, nuts and vegetables, and reduce diary and meat consumption is my suggestion for improving health as a direct result of diary change.
The abstaining from drugs is a good idea, and should certainly be done until you are feeling 100%, and likely for a short time after.

Auroas
#10 Posted : 4/2/2014 7:08:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like the batch could have been contaminated, or the DMT causing high blood pressure and thus causing a headache
A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.

-Carlos Castaneda

wearepeople
#11 Posted : 4/3/2014 2:36:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Let's refrain from further speculation.

OnionFyre, have there been any developments?

wap
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

corpus callosum
#12 Posted : 4/3/2014 6:32:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

The story is actually pretty good for a migrainous process- ie throbbing headache, light sensitivity and worsening with exertion. An aura need not be present in migraine.

Its thought that nearly 1 in 4 people will have migraine to some degree if the criteria for its diagnosis are applied strictly.

Having a single episode of migraine which is different to ones normal pattern is not too unusual but a persistent and repetitive alteration in symptomatology needs evaluating particularly in those aged 40+.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

topherfoster
#13 Posted : 4/3/2014 6:40:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My first few times into hyperspace, I got headaches. Like "soreness" in my brain the next day. Sort of like a hangover.

Turns out, I was dehydrated. And the spice showed me that. I'd come out of a trip and the FIRST thing I could think about every time was water.

In the winter, it's VERY hard for me to drink water (or fluids). Because I hate peeing a lot (lol I know I'm dumb). And water just isn't as appealing as it is in the summer.

I started hydrated myself heavily, I don't have headaches anymore. Not even after I try really high doses or breakthroughs.
Unfortunately, I am waking up and peeing in the middle of the night...
&@#$%@#%#$!!!!!

DreaMTripper
#14 Posted : 4/3/2014 6:46:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you take an SSRI or any serotonin supplements? Or any medication or pharms?

OrionFyre
#15 Posted : 4/5/2014 2:12:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shanedudddy2 wrote:
As to the suggestion of fasting... please don't.
How exactly will not eating help medical issues? o_0
Not to derail my own thread but...fasting is incredibly beneficial and healing. Ive seen it do wonders in my life and the lives of people who listen to me. Including my grandmother's whose oncologist during her second round of chemo debased himself by using the word "miraculous" to describe her resiliance, lack of adverse symptoms, and the effectiveness of treatment on the tumors. My boyfriend has had better luck with voluntary intermittent fasting in treating his seizure condition than any medication ever did.

wearepeople wrote:
Let's refrain from further speculation.

OnionFyre, have there been any developments?
While I love onions, its oRion Pleased
nothing new. I'm well rested and took time off to cleanse. Im feeling great now. The batch in question never culminated in any adverse effects in others. Re-x was performed to clean it up regardless. Theres been some good launches im told. The abstinence has been nice and have been having fun re-discovering the subtleties in meditation. Physical effects are gone, no headaches or light sensitivity remains.

topherfoster wrote:
*snip*dehydration*snip*

ehh its entirely possible. It occured during a shift rotation and I have a problem keeping myself drinking water. I tend to drink sodas to stay awake and that can tend to dehydrate me. Id be surprised if this were the cause as ive never had this reaction before despite frequently launching under similar timing before. It wouldn't surprise me if it were a confounding factor though.

Thanks for the thought. This hadn't crossed my mind and it should be something I pay more mindfullness to.

"DreaMTripper" wrote:
Do you take an SSRI or any serotonin supplements? Or any medication or pharms?
Negative on all counts. The only thing remote was a new batch of MXE I'd received but that had been done 8 days prior

Ive resigned myself to not knowing what brought this on. It was a terrifying experience because it was so shocking. Im going to continue to cleanse and when it feels right I'll give it another shot.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

OrionFyre
#16 Posted : 4/5/2014 10:40:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bindu,
Got your pm. Cant reply. Still too much of a seedling ;-)

As to your question I have no sources saved, just knowledge i've collected from reading about all fotms of fasting since biology class in my sophomore year in highschool covered insulin(17years ago) and anecdotal n=1 self studies. my fascination started as a kid when I realized I got better from illnesses faster than my brother despite the fact my parents could never get me to eat when I was sick.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

Warrior
#17 Posted : 4/6/2014 7:52:50 PM

At Peace

I've had cluster and migraine headaches on and off my entire life. Stress response is the single biggest culprit for me. I've had cluster headaches last for months and months and months. I would go to sleep with a terrible headache, wake up with a terrible headache, try to go about my life without coming off like a grumpy ogre, try to exercise, etc--the headache would always be there. It would get worse no matter what kind of exercise I got, and nothing seemed to make it better.

Then I changed my life completely and started paying more attention to what my body is telling me. I had mood issues and ulcerative colitis in addition to the headaches, and my approach to life before all of that was very militant, very disciplined, very regimented. But now everything is different. It's taken a purification of my everything in order to rid myself of the toxic behaviors and thinking patterns that contaminated me before.

I've had several hyperslap experiences that left me with a mildly distressing tension headache since those days long ago. Luckily I haven't had any migraine or cluster headaches in many years, but sometimes a hyperslap can make the feeling linger as a ball of tension within me for days or weeks after. It's not easy to shake that kind of experience off perfectly well. It takes time, and it takes dedicated focus to your health.

A buddy of mine had a mild aneurysm after holding his breath while doing squats under a loaded bar. He said the feeling was intense for about a second, then faded to a funny feeling, then went away moments later. Then the pain came back again when he next had an orgasm. Later, a CT scan revealed nothing, but he was told to chill for a couple of weeks and not get too excited during that time. I think that is generally good advice for this sort of thing. He was fine in no time at all, but this stuff does deserve some respect.

I wish you a smooth recovery from this temporary state you are in. I can empathize.

Nathanial.Dread
#18 Posted : 4/6/2014 8:05:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you be sure it was the DMT that caused the headache? Could it be that you smoked DMT, and then later developed a migraine that was unrelated to the drug? It could be that you would have gotten the headache anyway.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 4/6/2014 8:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrionFyre
#20 Posted : 4/7/2014 1:29:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Can you be sure it was the DMT that caused the headache? Could it be that you smoked DMT, and then later developed a migraine that was unrelated to the drug? It could be that you would have gotten the headache anyway.

Negative ghostrider. The exact sequence was:
* Loong deep toke
* Hold breath
* 5 or 6 seconds hard rush building up.
* 'OK this isnt feeling right'
* exhale, take in deep breath of fresh air
* very intense rush, sub breakthrough.

My eyes opened as I felt the urge to sit upright. The sound was building and I felt the pain building up with the sound.

My friend said I was holding my head as I mumbled something about 'theres no elves here'. I sat there holding my forehead in my hands for about ten minutes before I laid down and said "jesus my head hurts". Interestingly I do remember telling myself to close my eyes but being too distracted the tesselated fractal designs comprising the world around me.

I cant say it was the dmt. But it certainly was a part of cpnfounding factors. After the event I had atypical elevated blood pressure. That may have been part of the cause if it was elevated prior to the event. I was at his place, one of the two times out of many that were not experienced at my home. It was a batch I hadnt prepared (never smoked stuff that wasnt mine).

Theres plenty of variables. DMT was one of the contributing parties. Since the DMT didnt illicit similar effects in others it wasn't the only variable.

The frustrating part for me was my doctor who I felt was far too quick to dismiss my concerns.

In all I am no worse for the wear that I can tell. I am however disturbed in that im not sure when I would be willing to try anything again or when, let alone DMT. The event was pretty disturbing and rather disconcerting that something that has only ever been a pleasurable experience suddenly went south and left me with somewhat lasting physical ailments.

obliguhl wrote:

Hmm I could of sworn I searched pretty thoroughly. Shocked Mayhaps I was more distracted than I thought.

This caught my eye:
WSaged wrote:
[Do you keep you eyes open?
Could maybe be stress on you optic nerves, from trying to watch and/or follow all of the complex visual information coming at them during the experience, plus the actual room your in mixed in there to?? I've heard of migraine headaches coming from over active moment of the eyes, or too much pressure on them.

And...
Leap wrote:
I agree with warrensaged here. In my case, I get a headache from spice only when there are either outside influences or an especially visually intense experience (such as an open eye experience).

This was the only time I remember having my eyes open. The sequence above is how I wrote it in my journal the night of. Hmm. Thisxeases my mind a little. Ill lookinto this more.

(Edited: phone clipboard is confusing for copy pasting)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....