We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cleaner spice without Re-X Options

steppa
#1 Posted : 3/28/2014 8:49:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Nexians,

I acciidently found a method which saves me the re-X time with later pulls...like pull 3, 4, 5 from MHRB.

But beforehand I must say, that I don't mind, having my spice yellow. So you won't get extra clean spice via this method. But if you are ok with a little color, then it may be for you.

It's pretty simple. After pulling I let my dish with the naphta/dmt solution sit for about one hour at roomm temp. After this time yellow stuff, that seems to be plant fats/waxes and some yellow oil beginns to clump together. The yellow oil may settle on the bottom of the dish.

After this I strain it through a coffee filter and put it in the freezer like always.

In the attatchment you can see the result of a fouth or fith pull. I'm not really sure about this, cause the solution stood arround for about one or two month, and I don't really remember how many pulls I did before but it must be the fourth or fifth. I used cybs salt tek. The pull was done warm.

Please decide for youself and feel free to comment.
steppa attached the following image(s):
20140327_182333.jpg (2,162kb) downloaded 419 time(s).
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 3/29/2014 2:23:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks good to me but are you not concerned with losing spice in the filter and oils? Do you keep the precipitated oils and reX that? Room temp IPA can also be used to separate the gunk, takes careful tilting of the dish then a slow evap. Some inevitably stays in but most gunk will separate and float in/on the IPA and stick to the dish when tilting..

steppa
#3 Posted : 3/29/2014 10:49:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From my feeling, I lost less as I would have if I had done a re-X. But thats only my feeling. I'll do another pull, divide it in two equal parts and then I'll try both methods. Then I'll know for sure.

Orion
#4 Posted : 4/1/2014 4:20:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Though it may have came out at room temp, that's pretty much 99% DMT in that dish.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Earthwalker
#5 Posted : 4/3/2014 10:41:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:
Though it may have came out at room temp, that's pretty much 99% DMT in that dish.

Yes I agree with Orion ! I use to make this same mistake , when the warm naphtha hits the cold precipe dish it does crash out the

fats and it looks almost jelly like ,,,,,,, but I realized it was dmt cause when I did this my yields suddenly crashed down to next to

nothing , also I have found that this gunk or nmt melts the crystals , so you've got to be quick to remove the crystals or remove

this gunk it's one or the other but I love smoking this nmt , and you can always make changa with the goo so it's a win win ! 😜

steppa
#6 Posted : 4/4/2014 8:31:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:

Earthwalker wrote:
but I realized it was dmt cause when I did this my yields suddenly crashed down to next to nothing

The dish is the end result without the gunk.

I think I'll be able to perform a side by side test later today.