We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
what type of shroom feels like LSD? Options

benzyme
#41 Posted : 2/6/2009 8:52:35 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

polytrip wrote:
It might be semilanceata.

panaeolus cyanescens gets my vote.
both are high in psilocin, taking enough of either will easily pass LSD in terms of intensity. same with wavy caps (psilocybe cyanescens)
and I think azurescens is the daddy of them all
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

polytrip
#42 Posted : 2/7/2009 5:11:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
benzyme wrote:
polytrip wrote:
It might be semilanceata.

panaeolus cyanescens gets my vote.
both are high in psilocin, taking enough of either will easily pass LSD in terms of intensity. same with wavy caps (psilocybe cyanescens)
and I think azurescens is the daddy of them all

I think i agree with this. I believe almost everybody considers the azurescens to be the most potent mushroom and the cyanescens to be a good second. But to me mushrooms are realy a world on their own with each type having it's own unique characteristics.

69ron
#43 Posted : 2/7/2009 5:20:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
I think i agree with this. I believe almost everybody considers the azurescens to be the most potent mushroom and the cyanescens to be a good second. But to me mushrooms are realy a world on their own with each type having it's own unique characteristics.

Absolutely. Each type has its own unique effects.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

benzyme
#44 Posted : 2/13/2009 10:16:45 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

agreed.

i heard somewhere it has something to do with the ratios of psilocin, psilocybin, and baeocystin.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

geeg30
#45 Posted : 2/16/2009 2:42:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Having tried many different types of shroom, Swim finds that cyanenscens are pretty strong visually as are Yangoons and Azurs. Liberty caps can be pretty strong especially in large doses as are Colombians.

Milder shrooms visually are mexicans (as were sold in Amsterdam). Philosophers stones are not too bad and quite tasty as well although had a bad experience with Mexicana truffles (only in taste - very waxy, like old peanuts)

But to really answer the question of what shroom is like LSD then the answer has to be none. LSD to swim has a cleaner more influenceable trip but on the visual stakes then most of the shrooms can produce LSD visuals depending on the dosage.

Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Nobuoni
#46 Posted : 3/19/2009 1:31:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Copelandia gets my vote' extremely crystal clear and very potent'

Bliss

Nobuoni +

Dorge
#47 Posted : 3/19/2009 1:50:17 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

the body high from baeocystins seem to be the closest to LSD... the only thing that SWIM can recall from that one time is that they felt like mentholated mushrooms... a really crisp clear high kinda like good acid...
people dont seem to run into that species much...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

coz42
#48 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:11:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

geeg30 wrote:
Milder shrooms visually are mexicans (as were sold in Amsterdam). Philosophers stones are not too bad and quite tasty as well although had a bad experience with Mexicana truffles (only in taste - very waxy, like old peanuts)

My experience with sclerotia wasn't much of a shroom'esquepe but as I was reluctant at first they definitely pack the punch. Although, really not what I look for in a shroom. They seem to be starting to clump in the jalisco jars...

Can I prevent this?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

DarkShaman
#49 Posted : 3/19/2009 5:23:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

geeg30 wrote:

Can you be more specific when you mention "Mexicans"? Certainly you aren't speaking of Psilocybe Mexicana, especially when mentioning "philosopher's stones", as my in-depth personal research has shown the fruitbodies of Ps. Mexicana (Jalisco var.) to be almost purely visual, with little to no side effects or discomfort. "Philosopher's stones", as they are, are definitely not "shrooms". Rather, they are mycelial formations. Think of these as the potato of mushrooms. Personally, I feel it a waste of time to consume "philosopher's stones", as they give Ps. Mexicana mushrooms a bad name. And tasty? Perhaps if you enjoy flavors similar to battery acid and horse sh*t. . . In conclusion, based on dried weight, it is my professional opinion that the fruitbodies produced by Ps. Mexicana are far more potent than sclerotia produced by said strain.

coz42 wrote:
My experience with sclerotia wasn't much of a shroom'esquepe but as I was reluctant at first they definitely pack the punch. Although, really not what I look for in a shroom. They seem to be starting to clump in the jalisco jars...

Can I prevent this?

Jars? Were you planning on birthing these jars any time soon? Also, are you certain they are of the original Jalisco substrain? Although they will produce sclerotia, Jalisco's are of the few substrains of Ps. Mexicana that will produce fruitbodies (at least in consumable amounts).

coz42
#50 Posted : 3/21/2009 4:24:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ps. Atlantis was the strain that produced mentioned sclerotia as far my undertaking goes. IMO would say the fruits are much like the admirable cube and by far incomparable to any pan.
"DarkShaman" wrote:
Jars? Were you planning on birthing these jars any time soon? Also, are you certain they are of the original Jalisco substrain? Although they will produce sclerotia, Jalisco's are of the few substrains of Ps. Mexicana that will produce fruitbodies (at least in consumable amounts).

Theyre nearly at 75%('nocced up about a month ago on rye grass seed/vermiculite) and two out of five are starting to form these strange knots near the top. Don't have a camera atm, but it looks pretty much like this this. Concerned that it was that "A" strain from SW whom labled "Jalisco", but as far as I understand, these formations cannot be prevented? I do plan on casing with a bit of coir and breaking up these formations in the layer. Though I'm a little curious to the yields could I expect from slerotia to fruit bodies? Would excess humidity be beneficial to less sclerotia and more fruits?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

Bancopuma
#51 Posted : 5/9/2009 7:24:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi y'all,

Am new here but thought I would get involved...

Am digging the mushroom loving vibe...in my opinion mushrooms surpass LSD on almost all levels, and I have dabbled quite exstensively with both. However, this is entirely my own subjetive view, we are all individuals, all composed slightly differenty, and thus we respond differently to these chemicals (and I have a great fondness for LSD, an amazing gift of science...but in my opinion it falls short of the sacred fungus).

It is also nice to see that the majority of people here recognise that different mushrooms species have different characters, which has been my experience, although of course no trip will ever be the same, even with an identical batch of mushrooms.

Considering the extensive knowledge of mushrooms here, I was very surprised to see the lack of discussion of the fantastic species, Copelandia cyanascens.

I would encourage anyone with a bond with the fungus to maybe commune with this species, and maybe grow it, really not that hard at all...yields are low, but they are mightly potent...1g is a serious deep exploration of the bemushroomed realms of the mind...beautiful though...extremely clear and lucid, very powerful, details, exotic, crystalline 'tropical' visions. A very different beast to cubensis mushrooms...more towards the Liberty cap end of the spectrum, but still its own thing entirely.

I think Psilocybe mexicana mushrooms may be very intereting however...favoured by Mazatec, Mixatec and Zapotec shamans, the favourite species of the late, great shaman Maria Sabina, and Mayan mushroom stones dating back to AD200 depicting mushrooms resembling this species have been found. If it gets the Mayan, Aztec and shaman's seal of approval, it gets mine too!

Take care now Smile

PREV123