We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A new member from Africa Options

Mynesin
#1 Posted : 3/20/2014 4:52:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good day to you all!!Big grin

Its been an awesome learning experience reading through the nexus, I hope to enlighten you all with some of SWIMS research regarding D.Coopri and A.Xanthlopea both of which are readily available here in Southern AfricaThumbs up. More posts and info to come along the lines of results and working teqs.

"He who controls the spice, controls the universe"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

xantho
#2 Posted : 3/20/2014 7:40:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Mynesin! Always great to have more Africans aboard Wink

You've certainly piqued my curiosity with mention of your research with A. xanthophloea! I have some bark on hand and have been biding my time for an extraction opportunity. I'm really looking forward to learning and sharing with you. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance.

Enjoy the Nexus! Thumbs up

"Becoming a person of the plants is not a learning process, it is a remembering process. Somewhere in our ancestral line, there was someone that lived deeply connected to the Earth, the Elements, the Sun, Moon and Stars. That ancestor lives inside our DNA, dormant, unexpressed, waiting to be remembered and brought back to life to show us the true nature of our indigenous soul" - Sajah Popham.

Endurance
#3 Posted : 3/20/2014 7:50:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

.. Mynesin, welcome.

Please do share your research.. Have you had positive results from Acacia xanthophloea? It would interesting to here the details.. There are quite a few members here, and persons elsewhere, doing research on African Acacia species... Although Acacias are readily available in southern Africa, they also exhibit phenotypic variance in response to environmental stressors (Byers, 2008 )

Look forward to hearing about your endeavors!

Mynesin
#4 Posted : 3/20/2014 7:07:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Xantho and Colour for the warm welcome.

I'll make sure to post all findings so far as well as methods used for extractions, refinements and testing but to give you a teaser, levels seem to depend on sun intensity as it uses its bark for photosynthesis and on the abundance or lack of "the yellow fever powder" as local native shaman would put it.

I can't wait to share it all with like minded people. PS thank you Xantho, I am very sure your knowledge will come in very handy indeed.Thumbs up

Endurance
#5 Posted : 3/23/2014 7:34:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mynesin wrote:
..levels seem to depend on sun intensity as it uses its bark for photosynthesis and on the abundance or lack of "the yellow fever powder" as local native shaman would put it.

Could you perhaps clarify this? ... Are you using GC-MS for analysis?

.. maybe i'm being a little impatient, but you did put the bait out there..

Mynesin
#6 Posted : 3/23/2014 9:17:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well its based on samples taken from specimens grown in shaded to partial to full sunlight areas. All 50+ samples from different parts of each tree have been extracted to yeild what might be hidden and where and how much, the findings are so far that full sunlight trees create more spice. The full sunlight trees have a more yellow tint to their bark than other specimens because they produce an odd yellow powder that predominates the reflected colour of the bark, this is the point where "sangomas" or witch doctors would harvest the bark for dream snuffs or tea as they call it.