We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Should we have a Cannabis subforum? (Generic, Cultivation, Preparations etc
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes, but I'm not interested in participating in it's organization. 17 22 %
Yes, and I'm interested in participating in getting it going. 28 36 %
I'll post my knowledge there, but organize it yourself, nexus. 2 2 %
I'm not interested at all, period; do what you all desire. 4 5 %
No subforum, rely solely upon the search function, or "other psychoactives" 10 13 %
I am a mod or senior member who votes "Yes" 4 5 %
I'm a mod or senior member who votes "No" 7 9 %
I am the Traveler and I've decided one way or the other. 4 5 %

PREV1234NEXT»
Should we have a Cannabis subforum? (Generic, Cultivation, Preparations, Exp. reports) Options

hug46
#21 Posted : 3/18/2014 9:11:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cybill sheppard wrote:
A No from me...extra moderation and management,

I appreciate this and i am not au fait with the eletrikery/programming skils that it would take to put another subforum into effect. I am not a heavy user myself but it seems that it plays a part in a lot of members lives. In the Nexian news tabs there are currently 2 out of 5 headers that have cannabis in the title.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

samomi
#22 Posted : 3/18/2014 11:02:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Preparation and experience reports of high quality could be left.
Should be strictly moderated.

And there is many info about cultivation and generic around the web. So better not to include these sections ...

So I really don't know. Confused

Better yes.
believe in nexus

InLaKesh
#23 Posted : 3/18/2014 3:15:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MERGED

Hi,

I just want to share an idea.
Maybee its a good compromise to create a Cannabis Subfolder INSIDE of the Other Psycoactives Subforum.
-This way Cannabis gets the attention it deserves (IMO) , being a very powerfull and helpfull Plant when used with respect and propper intention.
-the lack of a Growing Subforum keeps Unwanted attention und concerns at a minimum

just my 2 cents

In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

Cosmic Spore
#24 Posted : 3/18/2014 9:57:05 PM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

bump
Cosmic Spore wrote:
I am interested in what everyone thinks, especially The Traveler.

So far, 19 in favor; 10 opposed.

hug46
#25 Posted : 3/18/2014 10:16:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i accidentally pressed the wrong button, sorry, i am in favour but i am not the Traveler.

Entheogenerator
#26 Posted : 3/18/2014 10:51:55 PM

Homo discens

Cosmic Spore wrote:
bump
Cosmic Spore wrote:
I am interested in what everyone thinks, especially The Traveler.

So far, 19 in favor; 10 opposed.

I find it interesting that as a whole, the "yes" is outweighing the "no" with almost twice as many members in favor as there are opposed, but when only looking at responses from senior members the "no" outweighs the "yes" with almost twice as many senior members opposing the idea as there are in favor. This might be something to consider...
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

Warrior
#27 Posted : 3/19/2014 1:14:56 AM

At Peace

To clarify, I voted yes, but I agree that the focus shouldn't be growing for attention reasons. It would be better to put the focus on topics that more closely relate to the focal points of this forum.

n=1

universecannon
#28 Posted : 3/19/2014 2:03:13 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

hug46 wrote:
i accidentally pressed the wrong button, sorry, i am in favour but i am not the Traveler.

**facepalm**

I knew someone would end up clicking that Big grin

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

indydude19
#29 Posted : 3/19/2014 4:09:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i would vote yes if there plenty of server space for it. I don't think it's something that the forum really needs, being so great already, and would probably require more moderators as well (I imagine there would be a decent amount of attitude violations at first).

However.... I would bet money any day that this forum has more intelligent members than the vast majority of, if not all other forums out there that are cannabis or entheogen based.

Also I would think that MJ could be recognized as an entheogen. It may not be as powerful as others but has spiritual magic in itself, and does the banner not say entheogenic university?

If our motto is "Learn, Share, Expand," then should we not follow the labels and credos we give ourselves and provide yet another branch on this wise tree of a forum for others to learn, share, and expand? Even if it is not one's personal preference? if the subforum is not popular enough or a hassle it will disappear soon enough, but i think its worth a try.

I vote yes... yes to another subforum, yes to more information, yes to more free exchange of knowledge that makes this world so great.

That being said, there should certainly be restrictions like full members only and the like to help ensure good attitude and quality discussion. But with the gates closed except for the weekly surges, i think we have a little less to worry about as far as unwanted posting goes.
I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I became human. Then why fear disappearance through death? Next time I shall die, Bring forth wings and feathers like angels; After that, soaring higher than angels-- What you cannot imagine, I shall be that.

Any speakings written are the purely fictional ramblings of an illiterate grande taco, and are false in the face of truth when judged by the all-father. They are in no way real.

a1pha
#30 Posted : 3/19/2014 4:24:18 AM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

indydude19 wrote:
i would vote yes if there plenty of server space for it.

Unfortunately, a marijuana forum would eat up way too much of the precious server resources.

And it would start running super slow because the of MJ fog.

Just say no to pot, mmm'kay?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

jamie
#31 Posted : 3/19/2014 4:33:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I will change my vote to yes.
Long live the unwoke.

anrchy
#32 Posted : 3/19/2014 4:47:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure I understand why people think that creating a sub forum for marijuana would cause unwanted behavior. I get that their is a sometimes nasty stigma associated with some potheads but I personally don't think that a sub forum created here would cause people to join the nexus.

Its pretty well known how well behaved our community is amongst those that know of us. There are many other forums with a lot of info already, that are easier to join and don't have all the regulations we have. I think it would be safe to say that the majority of people that did happen to join us due to an extensive sub forum related to marijuana would also be here rather than other forums due to our high standard of attitude and accuracy of information.

Maybe if the issues are moderating such a section then possibly the implementation of sub-mods is in order. Giving a few people mod level abilities for the marijuana section only.

I personally do not smoke anymore, but don't see any issues except for those unseen to me that deal with the duties of the moderators.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

universecannon
#33 Posted : 3/19/2014 5:32:51 AM

โ˜‚

If it really would eat too much server space, or take too much time for trav to implement, then ignore the rest of this post. (dreamer and others have volunteered to move all the threads to it, if created...so that part isn't an issue)

It seems like the main arguments against it are:

1) It will attract too many "unwanted" people.

I don't yet see any logical reasoning behind this idea, even if it might sound like common sense. There is a thousand other places people interested in cannabis would choose first before the *DMT*-Nexus (not to mention taking the time to register, and become a full member). We have a mushroom section, and an RC section, a cacti section, a salvia section, etc, but we don't see people flooding the forum because they are interested in posting in the RC section for example, do we? This is not really any different. If it makes people feel better, we could simply make the cannabis subforum invisible to non-members, just like some of the other subforums. This will completely remove that "problem", regardless of whether or not you agree with me that it's not a problem to begin with.

2) It will detract attention from other topics

If people think this will be such a big problem, then why not make it so posts don't show up in the active topics list...just like the 'through the looking glass' subforum? Wouldn't this solve it completely?

I don't think that would be even necessary...Dreamer just found that we have over 500 topics about cannabis...and the forum is still fine in that regard. So, why not simply organize them? It's common sense. I see no reason why a cannabis sub-forum would really do anything more than just that. People are letting their personal views of the plant and it's users cloud their reasoning here IMO, and are then using these 2 arguments as quick excuses not to have it -- even though, upon investigating them, the arguments don't seem to hold up.

This number of topics is only going to grow, especially as cannabis continues towards legalization and further study. This discussion should involve more practical consideration of how it would effect the forum, good or bad, and less projection of our own personal views of the plant and the kinds of users we might associate with its use. We have an RC subforum and yet many here don't do RCs at all, or even have unfavorable views of RCs and perhaps even their users...But that doesn't mean we should delete it. I also think that many just don't understand cannabis' potential as a psychedelic (it effects us all so differently, after all), and therefore don't think it fits the forum...But countless people do in fact find it very psychedelic, so personal views like this are kind of irrelevant in this discussion.

In the end, it doesn't matter much to me really. I don't want this post to sound heated, I just thought that these things needed to be said. What it seems to come down to is that in the future are we really going to want literally thousands of cannabis topics unorganized throughout the forum, or in the appropriate section?

obliguhl
#34 Posted : 3/19/2014 8:25:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Dreamer just found that we have over 500 topics about cannabis

Please post them. I searched 25 pages deep and found maybe 5.

anrchy
#35 Posted : 3/19/2014 9:17:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was done just searching topics with these words.

Open discussion:

~20 threads on cannabis
11 on marijuana
2 on hemp
6 on weed
pot was a hit and miss as any word with those letters in it came up.

Coalition for entheogenic liberty

5 on cannabis
6 on marijuana
1 on pot

Changa, Smoking, and Ayahuasca sub forums

5 for cannabis
1 for weed

sustainable nexus

6 on cannabis
1 on marijuana

Other entheogens

55 on cannabis
12 on marijuana
14 on weed

Thats around 145 just searching threads with those words in the subject.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

universecannon
#36 Posted : 3/19/2014 11:45:32 AM

โ˜‚

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
Dreamer just found that we have over 500 topics about cannabis

Please post them. I searched 25 pages deep and found maybe 5.

5? Dreamer has already indexed many many times that in the new cannabis index thread. Around 150 and many more are still out there.

Use google to search, as my signature described. I'm not sure on the exact number, but there is a ton. (It's much better than the nexus search function.)

Do you have any other reasons you disagree with my response/suggestions in regards those points, apart from debating the number of cannabis threads?

dreamer042
#37 Posted : 3/19/2014 1:43:31 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

500 was probably high-balling, it looks more realistically to be around 400 upon a cursory search.

There is already over 200 indexed in this thread and the search for the word cannabis hasn't yet been indexed but pulls up nearly 200 threads.

I'm sure there are plenty more stragglers that haven't been found in these simple searches and uni is on point 100% in pointing out that with cannabis legalization gaining so much momentum there is most assuredly gonna be a whole lot more cannabis related threads to come.

If you folks really think it's better to have these threads posted literally all over the forum that's fine, I just personally believe it makes more sense to put them all in one place.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

#38 Posted : 3/19/2014 2:57:19 PM

Game Master

Yeah, I've been sold; I change my vote to YES, sure, why not? I love weed, why not have this be my one-stop-drug-shop (so to speak)?
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Reflection
#39 Posted : 3/19/2014 3:17:01 PM

Healthy Body = Healthy Mind

I VOTE NO.

My reason being that I am hear solely for DMT knowledge and to share experiences.
I don't smoke cannabis, I use to smoke but grew out of it and have no desire of doing it / talking about it.

Yes I could just avoid that area of the forum but I don't think the DMT-NEXUS should open that door.
Once that door is open it will attract a lot more people and eyes and before we know it, are family of nexans will be lost for good.

Anyway thats my opinion
I am a new member to the site but have been an avid follower for years.
Its a great place and I would hate for it to change or attract the wrong crowed and become just another drug forum.

Safe TravelsThumbs up

โ€œGoing out of your mind at least once a day is tremendously important. Because by going out of your mind you come to your senses.โ€
โ€• Alan Watts

dreamer042
#40 Posted : 3/19/2014 3:27:20 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

^^^ This is a perfect example of what uni was talking about.

Your personal feelings for or against cannabis use should not be involved in this decision at all.

Let's exercise some common sense here, taking into consideration that we have hundreds of cannabis threads already and they are literally all over the forum. If you do not want to read about cannabis, isn't it easier to avoid one single section than it is to have to dig though hundreds of cannabis posts scattered across the entire website to read about other topics?

This is about keeping our forum organized not about attracting potheads or changing the focus in any way. In fact everyone who is voting no is in effect voting for allowing an unchecked and widely distributed cannabis presence.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

PREV1234NEXT»