We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What do you guys think of yopo seeds? Options

Infinite I
#1 Posted : 8/9/2007 2:16:46 PM

JC

Was wondering cos swim got some with his last batch of mhrb and has yet to try them. He smoked some with very little effects though he didnt know what they were then. Hes tried to find lime paste and cant anywhere so is going to buy some baking soda, hes heard lots of different reports and snuff teks so whats you guys opinions ? any feedback much appreciated cheers Peace and love

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Chakra Vajra
#2 Posted : 8/10/2007 1:43:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Here are some good Reports on Herbtalk... http://www.herbtalk.info...ms/index.php?topic=376.0

Skully
#3 Posted : 9/3/2007 5:28:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I once got some free Anadenanthera Colubrina seeds once when I ordered some salvia. I also couldn't find calcinated lime at the time. So, I ended up getting some snail shells, bashed them up with a rock, then a hammer and reduced them to a fine powder. I burned the powder with a small hand-held blowtorch lighter. Then fried the seeds until the shells popped open, smashed those up and mixed the seed powder and the um, snail powder. Laughing I packed all of the the powder into a tube and held it up and insufflated it. I really don't recommend doing this unless you're a masochist who's interested in the whole pain tolerance aspect of Yopo. It felt kind of like getting hit in the head with a baseball bat while simultaneously getting hydrochloric acid poured into my nasal cavity. I felt like my head was going to burst and got extremely nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and vomited violently due to the intense pain. After vomiting I looked in the mirror and noticed that my skin was purple. (not sure if this was a hallucination or some kind of drastic blood pressure change) Then I looked at the floor and saw the tiles warp and undulate. There were neon colors forming lines and shapes in some places. The wallpaper in the bathroom was "breathing." After a minute or two I had to sit down because the pain was so great. I closed my eyes and saw a ring of red, yellow, and orange triangles and other shapes that were moving at an incredible speed. The ring make a very fast Fizzling, clicking, buzzing type sound. The ring approached me and the sound had a doppler effect as i went through it. I ended up in a place I couldn't even begin to describe, and I only vaguely remember it. When I returned, I was lying on my bathroom floor. In all I'd say it was an experience worth having. Just beware of the extreme pain involved if you decide to try it. (I suspect that using ground up snail shells could have contributed to the intensity of the pain I experianced)

Fable
#4 Posted : 9/4/2007 2:15:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I havn't tried it but I have read, I think it was in the Entheogen Review that the powdered inner seed and the lime (Calcium base) needs to be moistened and left for a few days for the reaction to occur then dried and powdered and insufflated. Apparently it is the Calcium Buffonate (??Spelling) that causes the good effects and if it is not all converted you get the less desirable effects of the bufotenin. The Calcium salt is apparently a much more powerful psychedelic than the bufotenin.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

demius
#5 Posted : 9/4/2007 4:41:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

pickling lime, maybe? and here is an interesting breakdown between calcium oxide and hydroxide www.practicallyedible.co...e.nsf/pages/limechemical

ElfSpice
#6 Posted : 9/7/2007 2:41:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pickling lime will work perfect, it's edible lime.
RUA ConSCIous Being!!!

Noman
#7 Posted : 9/7/2007 4:17:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend in Antarctica just recieved 500g calcium hydroxide and this link: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=64707

VaeSolis
#8 Posted : 9/17/2007 2:33:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

insufflating anandenanthera columbrina and calcined lyme is like sticking espresso up your nose, very unpleasant.

Infinite I
#9 Posted : 9/19/2007 12:43:01 PM

JC

I made up the snuff with baking soda, but its been sitting for a while now dont think I want all that pain tbh not sure what to do with them

DZ-015
#10 Posted : 9/19/2007 2:19:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:a5fc132d2b]insufflating anandenanthera columbrina and calcined lyme is like sticking espresso up your nose, very unpleasant[/quote:a5fc132d2b] Is this coming from personal experience? I've been experimenting with anally-administered espresso, and i have to say, it'll sure make you up in the morning.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

demius
#11 Posted : 9/19/2007 2:56:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:5d03cfe774="DZ-015"][quote:5d03cfe774]insufflating anandenanthera columbrina and calcined lyme is like sticking espresso up your nose, very unpleasant[/quote:5d03cfe774] Is this coming from personal experience? I've been experimenting with anally-administered espresso, and i have to say, it'll sure make you up in the morning.[/quote:5d03cfe774] haha, I bet it will

magic clown
#12 Posted : 9/19/2007 6:21:51 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

If snortting yopo beans was as nice as snortting espresso, everyone would be doing it. Yoppos hurt. They feel so unpleasant that they spoil any kind of psychadelic experiance. Because there was no legal restrictions upon them at the time, I felt obliged to give them a try and worked through various methods of ingestion. I have insufulated them with snails shell ashes, baking soda and pure. I have also smoked them in pipes and ice filled bongs. I have tried in various combinations with other substances such as mushrooms MDMA and alcohol. In all the methods I have explored, I found them [u:11a15b95e9]every[/u:11a15b95e9] time, to be painfull and unpleasant. I found there was not a great deal of differance in intensity of the visuals between snortting with snails or soda and just doing them neat. The most effective method I found to increase the intensity was to be well tanked up on beer. The alcohol [u:11a15b95e9]did [/u:11a15b95e9]significantly increase the visual aspect of them and also worked as an anasthetic deadening the pain. I lost interest in any more play with these beans.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

DZ-015
#13 Posted : 9/19/2007 6:27:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:ccd01c282f]snortting with snails or soda and just doing them neat[/quote:ccd01c282f] hah i like that.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

magic clown
#14 Posted : 9/28/2007 9:00:50 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I'm very curious. Has anyone, anywhere, anytime, actually enjoyed snortting yopo? I have yet to meet anyone who has some kind of experience with the beans and a positive word to say about them. I tried really hard to like them. I was really really wanting to enjoy them. I did every thing I could think of to make them work and put myself through some fairly nasty experiences in that endeavour. I feel I know them quite well, at least well enough to be certain not to be able to recomend them to others. Is there anyone out there who can refute me?
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

fourthripley
#15 Posted : 9/28/2007 11:18:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can't refute Smile But I've had a meaningful experience,Four toasted seeds cut with some bicarb produced a mildish but definite experience.The pain on snorting was awful, but as the bufo kicked in I found it vanished.I felt some minor 'bloating' sort of feeling but nothing horrendous.With eyes open, wiggly lines on flat patterned surfaces; eyes shut, sort of dull watercolour patterns and a very definite sense of prescence in the empty room.I found the experience interesting but not compelling; a sense of 'yeah...' rather than 'Wow!'.Maybe try again one day.
mistakes were made