We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Should we have a Cannabis subforum? (Generic, Cultivation, Preparations etc
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes, but I'm not interested in participating in it's organization. 17 22 %
Yes, and I'm interested in participating in getting it going. 28 36 %
I'll post my knowledge there, but organize it yourself, nexus. 2 2 %
I'm not interested at all, period; do what you all desire. 4 5 %
No subforum, rely solely upon the search function, or "other psychoactives" 10 13 %
I am a mod or senior member who votes "Yes" 4 5 %
I'm a mod or senior member who votes "No" 7 9 %
I am the Traveler and I've decided one way or the other. 4 5 %

123NEXT»
Should we have a Cannabis subforum? (Generic, Cultivation, Preparations, Exp. reports) Options

Cosmic Spore
#1 Posted : 3/17/2014 5:27:47 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Do you think we should have a Cannabis subforum, like we have the Cacti & Mushrooms subforums?

If I were allowed to vote on this, I'd vote: "Yes, and I'm interested in participating in getting it going."

Indexing Cannabis Threads

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ufostrahlen
#2 Posted : 3/17/2014 2:55:09 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

It should be at least restricted to full members, otherwise you'll attract the weird folks and the forum gets messy. Thumbs down Maybe an extra policy is needed to keep the "stoned out of your mind" topics away.

But reading high quality topics regarding the healing properties of MJ would be a good addition IMO. Thumbs up
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

jamie
#3 Posted : 3/17/2014 3:06:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I actualy voted no at this time. I think it might stretch the forum too thin if we start having seperate subforums for every other topic.
Long live the unwoke.

#4 Posted : 3/17/2014 3:50:53 PM

Game Master

jamie wrote:
I actualy voted no at this time. I think it might stretch the forum too thin if we start having seperate subforums for every other topic.

Agreed. There are numerous comprehensive weed forums out there, but only one DMT Nexus.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

HumbleTraveler
#5 Posted : 3/17/2014 6:49:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im with the others. I voted no because this is a very focused forum. There are plenty of other sources out there for those seeking information on marijuana.

The gates were closed for people who weren't the right kind of forum user even when specifically focused on DMT...imagine the influx of potential newcomers if the nexus came up in a google search with something marijuana specific. A lot of excess traffic would head this way who would come in and be like WOAHHHH DMT, YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT DMT!? OMG WHERE DO YOU GET IT HOW CAN I MAKE IT I WANT TO SEE ELVES, WHATS THE SEARCH FEATURE?!!?!11

Just doesn't seem like it would work well here.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Mr.Peabody
#6 Posted : 3/17/2014 7:09:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, if we don't want people searching, and finding the nexus specifically because of weed, let's call it something else! I nominate "flerp". Henceforth all cannabis talk will use the word "flerp" in place of the normal words/slang. This way we can have a subforum (which you have to admit, would be nice) and not attract the flerp-crowd!

Just kidding....

I voted "yes" for it, but I believe my mind has been swayed. I believe it does deserve its own subforum, as it is no less important to many here, as well as myself, as mushrooms, and cacti. The potential to attract unwanted attention, just because of the nature of the substance itself, I agree is cause to keep it's discussion somewhat limited here at the Nexus.
Be an adult only when necessary.

hug46
#7 Posted : 3/17/2014 7:39:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:

I believe it does deserve its own subforum, as it is no less important to many here, as well as myself, as mushrooms, and cacti.

In recent years weed has helped me grow in a positive way. I believe it is an entheogen (as far as my understanding of what an entheogen is goes).

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 3/17/2014 8:12:04 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I'm honestly quite surprised by the responses here, I figured this would be a no brainer, of course there should be a sub forum for cannabis information.

I disagree with the arguments that because there are other forums we should not have a section for it here. By that logic we should not have a mushroom section because mycotopia and shroomery exist, we should not have an iboga forum because eboka forums exist, we should not have an ayahuasca section because ayahuasca.com exists, and so on.

I think there is plenty of room for a cannabis sub forum on this site and that it isn't gonna instantly degrade into 420chan because we organize the site a little better and put cannabis posts in their own section rather than muddling up the other psychoactives section with them. We already have a large amount of posts on cannabis that show up in searches anyway, how is organizing them into their own section going to change anything other than making the forum a little cleaner and better organized?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Mr.Peabody
#9 Posted : 3/17/2014 8:36:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I guess my thinking is, we should give it a try if the leaders of the Nexus think it will work. I would like a cannabis subforum, so I am happy to hear your opinion supporting it, dreamer.

Is there any specific reason it has not been created, yet? It seems odd that it's taken this long.

cyb
#10 Posted : 3/17/2014 8:58:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Pea wrote:
Is there any specific reason it has not been created, yet? It seems odd that it's taken this long.

Coz this is the DMT-Nexus...not the FLERP-Nexus.

A No from me...extra moderation and management, away from tryptamines and related psychs, seems unnecessary with so much research already done in this area.
(and I don't smoke this weedy stuff)
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

a1pha
#11 Posted : 3/17/2014 9:06:08 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

cyb wrote:
A No from me...extra moderation and management, away from tryptamines and related psychs, seems unnecessary with so much research already done in this area.

Agreed 100%.

It would distract from our main focus here and it's more work for The Trav just to duplicate information already on numerous websites dedicated to this plant. Therefore, I see no benefit in adding a marijuana forum.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Mr.Peabody
#12 Posted : 3/17/2014 9:12:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh no! My name got shortened to "Pea"!

Laughing

Flerp-Nexus will be my new project to combat this DMT-Nexus nonsense. Twisted Evil

dreamer042
#13 Posted : 3/17/2014 9:19:37 PM

Dreamoar

A forum search for the word "cannabis" brings up nearly 200 threads. The information is already here. I don't understand how it's so much work for Trav to spend a couple minutes adding a few lines of code to make a space for it? I don't understand how it changes the entire focus of our forum to organize information that is already here into a single easy to access area? Especially when you consider there is most assuredly going to be a lot more cannabis related posts in the future, this just clogs up the other psychoactives forum and makes it harder to navigate.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

#14 Posted : 3/17/2014 9:21:55 PM

Game Master

I imagine the responses against are similar to if someone on Breed Bay or similar weed forums wanted to make a DMT sub-forum.

Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

dreamer042
#15 Posted : 3/17/2014 9:29:46 PM

Dreamoar

We have sub forums for nootropics and rc's that comparatively have barely any posts and hardly see any action. There are hundreds maybe thousand of cannabis posts on this website why on earth would we not organize that clutter?

The way I see it we have 3 options:

Ban posting about cannabis entirely which seems nonsensical.

Leave things exactly as they are and let cannabis related posts fall where they lay clogging up other areas.

Or what would seem to be the common sense approach, create a space for these posts to fit nicely into.

Why is this not straightforward?

universecannon
#16 Posted : 3/17/2014 9:59:45 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Cannabis is a fascinating and powerful psychedelic (even if most don't use it that way)... It's also the most used one in the world at that...which is on the verge of being legalized all over the place.

So I voted yes. It's also very misunderstood, with many not recognizing its potential as a psychedelic tool for introspection/exploration/healing/etc. Perhaps a subforum containing all these threads that recognize this fact up front would help in this regard.

I don't think it'll bring unwanted members, since to me it seems like a subforum would mostly just result in a better organization of the countless cannabis topics we already have...Plus we already have the pulsing and welcome area to weed out those who we don't want here (no pun intended). If they are only interested in cannabis and not other psychedelics then they won't even bother registering because there is many other places to talk about it. Because of all this, it seems far fetched to me that we'd see a flood of unwanted people because of the subforum (we could also make it only visible to members, if you'd like). And even if a small amount of people register because of the cannabis section, perhaps as a result of them spending time here they will wind up becoming more educated on psychedelics generally.

If we're really worried about it distracting attention from the other topics, we could always just make it so that threads in the cannabis section don't show up on the active topics list.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Cosmic Spore
#17 Posted : 3/18/2014 12:44:16 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

10 of 18 currently in favor [excluding my invisible vote in favor] ...
Most chosen answer so far: "Yes, and I'm interested in participating in getting it going".

I have a very similar opinion to both dreamer042 and universecannon (posts #8, #13, #15, #16).

To me, it makes perfect sense, and also would help bring communities together for an expanded learning experience.

I am interested in what everyone thinks, especially The Traveler.

If moderation is the drawback, I volunteer to do that in the subforum - if that is acceptable.

Entheogenerator
#18 Posted : 3/18/2014 3:07:27 AM

Homo discens

I voted "Yes, but I'm not interested in participating in it's organization". I agree that cannabis has a lot of potential to be used as an entheogen, and I do have some knowledge and opinion left over from my days as a "cannabis-connoisseur" which I could contribute to the subforum. But cannabis is not something which I choose to explore any further at this point in time, so I'm not sure I would be interested in helping to develop the subforum.

I can definitely see how there are valid points on both sides of the discussion, but personally I don't really see how the cacti subforum could have a place on the Nexus but a cannabis subforum couldn't. I definitely love and frequent the cacti subforum, so to me it would feel hypocritical if I were to oppose a cannabis subforum.

But at the same time, I agree that it would likely do more harm than good if the Nexus were to expand toward individual subforums regarding a vast number of different drugs. I don't think we need a "DOx Family" subforum, or a "Tropane Alkaloids" subforum, but I do think a cannabis subforum might bring some organization to the large number of already existing and future posts regarding the plant.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

anrchy
#19 Posted : 3/18/2014 4:05:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beings that this is an entheogenic university, and that eventually any major topic will require its own sub forum in order to keep up with organization I don't see why to not do so.

What happens when the amount of cannabis threads reaches in the thousands? Do we still not create an area for those threads to go?

IMO its not if but when.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

obliguhl
#20 Posted : 3/18/2014 8:12:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I voted no, for reasons already mentioned e.g attracting a stoner crowd. I guess it would be ok if it would be limited to the psychedelic use of cannabis. But is there really so much use of cannabis as a psychedelic to justify a whole forum ? I just did a forum search and honestly, not so many threads came up which were directly dedicated to cannabis, let alone its entheogenic use.

Statement of Interest: Poster does not like Cannabis as it only provokes anxiety and a weird body high for him.

123NEXT»