We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Music/Art/Literature sub forum. Options

anrchy
#1 Posted : 3/13/2014 7:18:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tens of thousands of pictures. At one point I had to separate them by types of pictures. Then after some time i had to make folders with names of places these pics were taken, then dates... ect. I feel the same goes for this forum, as we expand, we must make more categories.

The art bin is 62 pages, 1,220 replies strong.

It has come to my attention that all art is suppose to go in "Art Bin". Music in "Music Bin". ect. I feel this conflicts with the nature of this section, as I am now confused as to what would be posted directly in music/art/literature since each of those categories has its own thread where everything is suppose to go.

So I suggest splitting this up into those categories. I understand this will make quite a mess of things due to how this section has been organized but it only makes sense to me. If this is not to happen what would fall into the correct category of things to post in this section that would not go into any of the existing "bin" threads?
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Global
#2 Posted : 3/13/2014 7:59:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. All art doesn't have to go in the art bin nor does all music have to go in the music bin. Yes, those are the on-going threads, but anyone can feel free to start their own thread to explore individual themes or their own compilations of projects.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

a1pha
#3 Posted : 3/13/2014 8:12:02 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

anrchy wrote:
It has come to my attention that all art is suppose to go in "Art Bin". Music in "Music Bin". ect.

=/

I never said *all* art/music needs to go into those threads. If there is a topic which warrants its own thread then it is of course okay. My point is that threads like Justin Bieber and a single kissing advertisment are not the kinds of art/music that warrant individual threads but instead would be better suited to a combined thread.

Orion posting his new art, imo, deserves a unique thread. An advertisement 'viral' video does not, again, imo. Does this not make sense in the interest of keeping the forum tidy?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

anrchy
#4 Posted : 3/13/2014 8:17:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I completely understand, but the point in me posting it in its own thread was solely to have discussion on dissolving apprehension, the social bubble, its effects on people ect ect.

This to me seems like a warranted reason for doing so.

And I would really like the Justin Bieber thing dropped. I was in an emotional stability hiatus at the time and felt empathy. Kind of starting to feel like people are harassing me on that subject as its now being brought up in more than one thread. That thread was deleted...
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

universecannon
#5 Posted : 3/13/2014 8:20:23 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I agree with global. And I also think we need to just find a balance between merging too much and too little. Sometimes I see things that should be merged, but other times I have seen things merged that really shouldn't be IMO (but I don't mean to imply that its a big problem or anything). Just something we need to keep in mind Smile

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

a1pha
#6 Posted : 3/13/2014 8:24:26 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

anrchy wrote:
I completely understand, but the point in me posting it in its own thread was solely to have discussion on dissolving apprehension, the social bubble, its effects on people ect ect.

Which is awesome. Some great subjects to discuss. However, the only thing mentioned in the OP was:

anrchy wrote:
Its awesome seeing the awkwardness at first, and then you see how powerful a kiss can be to create a bond between even two strangers.

To me, this is not a premise for "discussion on dissolving apprehension, the social bubble, its effects on people ect ect." As a moderator who agrees in raising the level of discussion here I think it is important that we get away from this ongoing habit of members posting some video link, one sentence (if that), and nothing else.

Maybe this is just a personal pet-peeve of mine and I should ignore it. But it seems I'm the only one who thinks this way so I will end it at this.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

#7 Posted : 3/13/2014 8:32:43 PM

Game Master

Global wrote:
. Yes, those are the on-going threads . . .

heehehee . . . perfect. I was going to start a new thread to make a suggestion to the Traveler or whomever mod would have the power, but I can squeeze it in here:

Sometimes I'll click on one of these ongoing threads and just want to skip to the end (which I know happens automatically when you click on a recent post in the active tread topics) and not have to click the little arrows buttons skipping a few pages ahead. Would it possible to add a little icon that allowed you to go straight to the Last Page or First Page? Like, when I click on the Art Bin page, sometimes I don't want to click ahead a few pages for 60 pages, the option to skip ahead would be nice.

Instead of this:

1 2 3 NEXT >>

maybe something like this:

1 2 3 NEXT >> LAST PG/FIRST PG

Just planting seeds . . .

Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

anrchy
#8 Posted : 3/13/2014 8:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
anrchy wrote:

Which is awesome. Some great subjects to discuss. However, the only thing mentioned in the OP was:

anrchy wrote:
Its awesome seeing the awkwardness at first, and then you see how powerful a kiss can be to create a bond between even two strangers.

To me, this is not a premise for "discussion on dissolving apprehension, the social bubble, its effects on people ect ect." As a moderator who agrees in raising the level of discussion here I think it is important that we get away from this ongoing habit of members posting some video link, one sentence (if that), and nothing else.

Maybe this is just a personal pet-peeve of mine and I should ignore it. But it seems I'm the only one who thinks this way so I will end it at this.

I completely agree, I meant to say more but I was in a hurry ect ect. (and to be fair it was early in the morning and I have worked a long shift.) But if you notice that thread did produce a discussion. The first few replies were evidence of that, and if it had not been hijacked by ad mongerers (joke) this could have taken place.

112233 wrote:
Global wrote:

heehehee . . . perfect. I was going to start a new thread to make a suggestion to the Traveler or whomever mod would have the power, but I can squeeze it in here:

Sometimes I'll click on one of these ongoing threads and just want to skip to the end (which I know happens automatically when you click on a recent post in the active tread topics) and not have to click the little arrows buttons skipping a few pages ahead. Would it possible to add a little icon that allowed you to go straight to the Last Page or First Page? Like, when I click on the Art Bin page, sometimes I don't want to click ahead a few pages for 60 pages, the option to skip ahead would be nice.

Instead of this:

1 2 3 NEXT >>

There is... if you click the double arrow it takes you to the last page.

#9 Posted : 3/13/2014 9:49:06 PM

Game Master

Ahhh, I'm borderline retarded. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't think I ever tried clicking on the double arrows.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Mr.Peabody
#10 Posted : 3/13/2014 10:27:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand anrchy's request. Suppose one wants to find a piece of art in the middle of the art bin thread? That thing has gotten huge!

So, how about this:
The art bin could become a separate subforum, and it could be broken into years. So, we could have the art bin from 2010, 2011, and so on. If years doesn't work, then maybe it could be broken up into posts. Maybe each art bin thread could have 100 posts or something.

Each individual art bin thread could be locked once it has reached its limit, so for example, no one can add to the 2013 art bin.

The art bin still works for now, but how about when it's 150 pages long?

Another thing breaking the bins up might allow for is a yearly vote on who put out some of the best work. So we could have a "Best Of 20XX" thread, where some of the highlights for the year could be held. Just a thought... I do understand some might not want competition to be put into art, but I think it would be nice to take a moment to recognize some of the more mind expanding stuff people work so hard on.
Be an adult only when necessary.

anrchy
#11 Posted : 3/13/2014 10:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That was one of my thoughts. A lot of good things are kind of lost in the art bin. That really is a lot of pages and it will only grow.

Forced organization will happen, as that is evident on this forum. As topics start to overflow it will require more categories in an exponential way.

I'm not sure if dividing up that thread would be a very fun task, nor would it be easy to figure out what goes where. In the future we will have to do something as far as an art section goes as IMO the artistic abilities of so many members is proving that DMT is rivaled as a topic to Art alone, on this forum.

Art is also a pretty confined term. That thread alone I bet could be divided into a ton of its own threads if one were to attempt such a frustrating task. Purchase stock in Excedrin if that ever happens.

Global
#12 Posted : 3/14/2014 1:54:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

112233 wrote:
Global wrote:

Instead of this:

1 2 3 NEXT >>

I've noticed too that there's actually been a glitch/bug with that art bin ever since the site was overhauled. When you click on the last page of any other thread, it takes you to that page, but the same hasn't been true of the art bin for a few weeks now.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb