We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Iboga's effects down the line (6-12 months) Options

MyThirdEye
#1 Posted : 3/12/2014 8:06:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read so many accounts of the amazing anti-depressant effects of Iboga. I'm curious, however, if those results lasted after 6-12 months (or longer). I've read that in many, once the Iboga is out of your system, you can crash and get really bad depression. I would appreciate some feedback as I'm considering Iboga as an anti-depressant but don't want to venture into it if I'm just going to get worse down the line.
Quote:
prying open my third eye

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 3/12/2014 9:34:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey dude are you able to provide any sources for this?? I've heard this once before but I'm pretty sure it's utter twaddle. Personally, for me, my first iboga flood dose was a major life event (and was a hefty dose), and I felt a quite tangible afterglow for months afterwards, and there was no "crash" in any way, shape or form, and never was after any subsequent floods (of which there has been five in total). Iboga for me did have a long term antidepressant effect beyond the simple afterglow state for me, by reinforcing in me the importance of positivity, and of emphasising how selfish and boring mulling in despair is...I'm not saying I don't get down like the rest of us, life has it's up and downs...I just seem to have more rebound potential or desire to rebound when down these days, and less of a tendency to ruminate on things...for the simple fact that is boring, selfish and doesn't actually help you. Just my 2 cents. Wink

MyThirdEye
#3 Posted : 3/12/2014 9:48:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

Thanks for writing...and it's "dudette". Smile I appreciate your feedback. As far as sources go, it's all anecdotal stories I've read; many of which came from the nexus itself. I quite literally browsed over 100 pages on iboga and people's experiences, so unfortunately, I can't remember any specific websites. I simply noticed a trend of people saying that after a period of time, the afterglow and feelings of elation subsided and that they fell into a depression, many of whom described it as the worst depression they ever had.

I'm curious if perhaps you've re-flooded before the depression can set in? I'm not negating what you're saying. I'm just wondering if it's a possibility that you've re-dosed quickly enough not to notice the depression that can ensue down the line?
Quote:
prying open my third eye

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 3/12/2014 10:37:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi dudette Smile Of the fives times, I never flooded more than twice in a year, and it has been a year and a half since my last flood. I have never felt anything resembling a long term crash following iboga use. My first flood coincided with a turning point in my life...I'm not saying that the iboga was directly responsible for this in any way, but it was part of it I think, and only in a positive way. From my first flood I got the message from iboga to take a more active role in creating new opportunities and connections, and to be more open to new experiences...iboga is highly personal so this message was directed at me but it was a positive and life affirming message I think and the impact of this experience continues to ripple through my life up until the present day and will do so far beyond I feel.

It is certainly possible that people who have used iboga to treat long term drug addiction may experience a post afterglow slump. Heavy, long term opiate or stimulant use is going to rewire the brain, so after getting off one's poison of choice through iboga, once the afterglow of the experience fades there may be some residual imbalances in the brain...iboga is very special stuff but it cannot perform miracles. If any Nexians reading this have experienced major depression long after iboga use I would be very interested to hear more about this. The only time I've heard of this was someone like you asking if this was true, having heard about it from somewhere, but there weren't any specific cases I can recall. Anyway these days I'm as depression free/content/happy as I've ever been in life, and I've felt this way for a while, and as I say it has been a while since I last flooded. I may well journey with iboga in the future but I am definitely in no rush. From personal experience I think iboga has powerful antidepressant qualities.