We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
low yeld with blab Options

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#1 Posted : 3/9/2014 10:42:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im not sure if this is the right place but swim is working with the blab tek for the first time, not with fumerates, but with acetates, and from 500g of a good MHRB he obtained only 3,5g after this proces:

3x boil with water with vineager
reduce, basify with root bark, let sit for 24h, remove the root bark, add a little extra lye
pull with limonene, first 2 pulls of 3 hours, the next 3 pulls of 24^30hours each
put all limo pulls together (500 ml) and do 5 vineager pulls of 100 ml
put all vineager pulls together, reduce to goo (very small quantity compared with the BLAB pic)
basify with sodium carbonate, pull 3x with iso, make changa.

so swim has a couple of questions:

1- would a stronger acid like hcl be better for the 3 cooks, and release more dmt? will it be worth the investment?

2- how do temperature and light influence the limo pulls? is it better to leave it pulling in a fresh dark place or can it recieve direct sun light? (swims pull recieved lots of sunlight and heat)

3- is it better to leave the MHRB in the solution while pulling with the limo? (swim does not have means to powderize the bark)

4-the only vineager swim has acces is normal alcohol vineager, and has a conservant with it, may this influence the yeld?

given the circunstances, do you guys think the goodies are in the limo, and the vineager was not able to pick them? or are they still in the basified solution, and due the wrong conditions, the limo did not picked it completely?

PS: how to effectively clean the limo? swim did wash with water, and with IPA. its still very yellow, and the ipa did not separate from the limo, but after some time with the container open, all the IPA evaporated, leaving only the inicial quantity of limo.

thank you all
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 3/10/2014 2:14:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MultiDimensionalTherapy wrote:
im not sure if this is the right place but swim is working with the blab tek for the first time, not with fumerates, but with acetates, and from 500g of a good MHRB he obtained only 3,5g after this proces:

3x boil with water with vineager
reduce, basify with root bark, let sit for 24h, remove the root bark, add a little extra lye
pull with limonene, first 2 pulls of 3 hours, the next 3 pulls of 24^30hours each
put all limo pulls together (500 ml) and do 5 vineager pulls of 100 ml
put all vineager pulls together, reduce to goo (very small quantity compared with the BLAB pic)
basify with sodium carbonate, pull 3x with iso, make changa.

so swim has a couple of questions:

1- would a stronger acid like hcl be better for the 3 cooks, and release more dmt? will it be worth the investment?

2- how do temperature and light influence the limo pulls? is it better to leave it pulling in a fresh dark place or can it recieve direct sun light? (swims pull recieved lots of sunlight and heat)

3- is it better to leave the MHRB in the solution while pulling with the limo? (swim does not have means to powderize the bark)

4-the only vineager swim has acces is normal alcohol vineager, and has a conservant with it, may this influence the yeld?

given the circunstances, do you guys think the goodies are in the limo, and the vineager was not able to pick them? or are they still in the basified solution, and due the wrong conditions, the limo did not picked it completely?

PS: how to effectively clean the limo? swim did wash with water, and with IPA. its still very yellow, and the ipa did not separate from the limo, but after some time with the container open, all the IPA evaporated, leaving only the inicial quantity of limo.

thank you all

1. Vinegar is fine but Im suspicious as to if your brand used is sufficient..Tartaric is a good alternative and easily obtained from a supermarket. Did you get test pH?
Did you pre-lyse the bark via freeze thaw freeze thaw?
2. A little heat will help and sunlight shouldnt
be a problem.
3.Yes I think it could pull more from the bark itself like in STB

Im curious as to why you would wash the limo with IPA and why you felt you needed to wash it at all it will keep the oils in there and as you are salting out the DMT to separate then it wont be present in the end product.
I suggest putting it all in a jar bark included and simmering the soup on a low heat waterbath then pull and salt out the dmt again.
So seems it could be a) bark not lysed sufficiently or b) vinegar not sufficient or if vinegar the is ok then maybe more vinegar washes of the limo are needed.
Or c) there is still some in the sodium carbonate.
Or all of the above!
Let us know how you get on.

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#3 Posted : 3/10/2014 1:56:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, so swim did freeze thaw only one time, because he wasnt sure i it would have the same eficacy in a diferent tek, with mineral water.

by the way, mineral water hera as a relatively low ph (4,6) plus a lot of aditives - calcium sulfate, barium sulfate, potassium bicarbonate, magnwesium bicarbonate, sodium bicarbonate and sodium cloride. will this be of any help, or harm?

the vineager does not seem to pull as much as described in the tek, because BLAB says 3 pulls of vineager, at the end of the 5th pull swims vineager was still looking milky.

swim does not think there is still some in the sodium carbonate, there is no dmt-orangy smell on it anymore.

does the NaCi step from Max Ion help in BLAB? or would the limo pick some NaCi as well?

swim did a IPA wash on the limo, after he did some water washes and it stayed the same color, swim was willing to clean it a bit to re-use....
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 3/10/2014 2:48:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why did you remove the rootbark? I think there`s your problem....

with blab tek you dont remove the bark, you pull from the whole mix of mimosa+basic liquid. This is not an A/B, and if it was, you would have to have boiled at least 3x with vinegar before removing the bark.

Add your bark back to the whole thing (or do a separate extraction on it)

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#5 Posted : 3/10/2014 3:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well i did it AB style, 3 vineager boils of 3 hours each. also i basified the soup and did let sit for 24h before i removed the bark. i removed the bark because i had no possibility of powdering it, and was afraid that the sredded bark would mess up the limo pulls

endlessness
#6 Posted : 3/10/2014 3:21:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm sounds a bit messy, no? To filter a basified mimosa mix.. Maybe you lost some of the liquid in that process?

Was this the same you did when you extracted with heptane and got good yields?

I can imagine the fact that the bark was shredded might have influenced, next time you could buy a blender, leaving the bark soaked in vinegar for a day and then blending to break it up a bit further.... though 3x3 plus a freeze/thaw sounds pretty good....

If the basified liquid is still there, I`d try doing another pull on it... If something significant comes out, keep pulling.

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#7 Posted : 3/10/2014 3:33:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hum, ok, it might be that.

no, with the heptane i did a normal A/B, and removed the bark before basifying.

since i allways did that way, and there is allways a minimal loss of liquid that remains trapped in the shredded bark, i tought maybe basifying first and removing the bark after could free some extra dmt from the bark before removing it, but its true, the soup becomes thicker after basified, so it might have a bigger loss.

do you think it could benefit a mix of both teks? freeze thaw, vineager soak, blending, 3 acid boils, reduce liquid to minimal amounts, and add it to the bark to basify and pull with the bark... or would it be only desnecessary work?

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#8 Posted : 3/10/2014 3:37:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and a final question: whats the best way to clean the limonene? using only water it will keep the yellow colors, is it good to go for more uses? isnt the yellow color oils that will let the limonene with less space for dmt?

endlessness
#9 Posted : 3/10/2014 3:51:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not sure, personally it sounds like too much trouble, I`d either do A/B or STB (or the BLAB hybrid), but to boil and then put back the bark seems like a lot of work and not the advantage of workign with liquid only like an A/B. But if one day you`re up for it, do a side-by-side and let us know if it works better than normal Very happy

I`d wash the limonene with acidified water, sodium carb water, and clean water.. You could also run it through activated carbon if you had any, but even if you dont, I think its fine to reuse, even if it has some color.

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#10 Posted : 3/10/2014 3:59:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks a lot! i sure will do a side by side test when i have more MHRB!