We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Surprise gift from the universe: White crystals from ACRB Options

Warrior
#1 Posted : 2/28/2014 4:34:05 PM

At Peace

Background: Powdered ACRB, Max ion STB tek w/ defat

First round of pulls & freeze precipitation: Large amount of full spectrum goo yielded

Did NOT reuse naptha to pull more. Took the used naptha after freeze precipitating goo out, put it in a jar, and put the jar in the freezer for two weeks. After one night I saw a small white glob forming, and didn't think much of it (it looked like more goo forming).

Two weeks later came back to the jar in the freezer and found beautiful white crystals had formed. Wow!

So now I'm thinking that the first freeze precipitation crashed out the full spectrum, crude goo extract, and what remained lingering in the naptha thereafter was what is now in the form of white crystals. I'm thinking this two-step freeze precipitation with many nights in the freezer is like a shortcut for the re-x step.

My scale recently broke--sorry, no mass to report. There was probably about 2x as much goo as white crystals, but again, no masses to report.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Much love to all.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Warrior
#2 Posted : 2/28/2014 7:27:14 PM

At Peace

Synkromystic
#3 Posted : 3/1/2014 9:44:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, actually something similar happened to my friend......he pulled with naptha on confusa. Put in freezer, goo crashed out immediately. Something came up and he didnt want to evaporate the solvent. Was checked on 2 weeks later, nothing but goo at the bottom. 2 1/2 months later and still in the freezer, I was over at his place and looked at the jars. LOTS of the most beautiful pure spice xtals i've seen. I was very surprised. But this is only needed for young or medium age confusa. The very old confusa yields only pure xtals so there is no need for re x....and about 2.5% + pure xtals for the oldest confusa!!! Good luck finding any of that bark though!

starway6
#4 Posted : 3/1/2014 2:50:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Warrior wrote:
Background: Powdered ACRB, Max ion STB tek w/ defat

First round of pulls & freeze precipitation: Large amount of full spectrum goo yielded

Did NOT reuse naptha to pull more. Took the used naptha after freeze precipitating goo out, put it in a jar, and put the jar in the freezer for two weeks. After one night I saw a small white glob forming, and didn't think much of it (it looked like more goo forming).

Two weeks later came back to the jar in the freezer and found beautiful white crystals had formed. Wow!

So now I'm thinking that the first freeze precipitation crashed out the full spectrum, crude goo extract, and what remained lingering in the naptha thereafter was what is now in the form of white crystals. I'm thinking this two-step freeze precipitation with many nights in the freezer is like a shortcut for the re-x step.

My scale recently broke--sorry, no mass to report. There was probably about 2x as much goo as white crystals, but again, no masses to report.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Much love to all.

Thats what i have noticed with ACRB ..
After pulling..pulling ..pulling..mostly waxy..goo...im ready to dump the whole thing thinking it was spent...
Then a few times i tryed more pulls and it started to become clean crystal pulls?!!
Its almost like the bark releases the goo first then the crystals later?

Warrior
#5 Posted : 3/3/2014 8:48:24 PM

At Peace

starway6 wrote:

Thats what i have noticed with ACRB ..
After pulling..pulling ..pulling..mostly waxy..goo...im ready to dump the whole thing thinking it was spent...
Then a few times i tryed more pulls and it started to become clean crystal pulls?!!
Its almost like the bark releases the goo first then the crystals later?

I think it's the naptha. It pulls out everything first. The goo crashes out in the freezer first, but there is still more pure product in the naptha after the goo precipitation. Put the naptha back in the freezer without pulling more from the bark, and it keeps giving.

At least this has been my n=1.

Warrior
#6 Posted : 3/3/2014 8:50:13 PM

At Peace

Synkromystic wrote:
Yea, actually something similar happened to my friend......he pulled with naptha on confusa. Put in freezer, goo crashed out immediately. Something came up and he didnt want to evaporate the solvent. Was checked on 2 weeks later, nothing but goo at the bottom. 2 1/2 months later and still in the freezer, I was over at his place and looked at the jars. LOTS of the most beautiful pure spice xtals i've seen. I was very surprised. But this is only needed for young or medium age confusa. The very old confusa yields only pure xtals so there is no need for re x....and about 2.5% + pure xtals for the oldest confusa!!! Good luck finding any of that bark though!

Interesting regarding the age of the tree. I can't comment on that specifically, but I'm sure there is also an optimal time of day and optimal time of year to harvest the bark for select alkaloids.

Otherwise, that's pretty much exactly what I saw.

null24
#7 Posted : 3/3/2014 10:49:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yup, I've seen this too on my last extract. Forgot about a little jar of Naphtha in the freeze and opened it up one day to find a small amount of pretty white xtals in the bottom. This wasa narrow m necked bottle so the only retrieval method I had was to solve it in ipa and enhance some mullien with it, which is my normal route anyway.

Mixed it with the full spectrum goo oil I had and had the most intense breakthrough yet.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*