We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1314151617NEXT»
~Phalaris = The Way Of The Future~ Options

endlessness
#281 Posted : 10/15/2013 6:06:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Marquis turns black with gramine.

A lot of alkaloids can look or smell like DMT, so that`s not necessarily a good indication.

In any case I wish you the best of luck for this! Hopefully you hit the jackpot!

Be well!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

WildEdibles
#282 Posted : 10/26/2013 12:53:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow that is a lot of info to take in, in a couple of days Smile great stuff

I have this grass growing in my yard Phalaris arundinacea or phalaris aquatica? and several public places it is spreading into many areas it isnt soposed to be
I think it is a great idea to look into these grasses as they can be invasive
Invasive species turned into medicine Smile LOVE it Smile

I have noticed the white and green ribbon grass Phalaris arundinacea 'Feesey' a garden variety usually has no seeds cant say none cause they can have some but rarely

I was interested in this one cause the chlorophyll is half as much Smile I like the look of this one but have no idea what is in it ???

I also have a friend that has phalaris brachystachys a type of in her yard but have not narrowed it down either ... it either came from bird seed or from the cat grass seed or from the hay for the guinea pigs??
It is a perennial grass and has the thick seed head that p. branchystachys gets

I noticed that the brown grass blades always has a mold on them ... the sun dries out the blades and bleaches them
then the rain molds it up ... just always wondered if there was a type of fungi relationship here similar to ergot??

I feel @ 1 in the sun
All in all is all we r. Nirvana

Nordic Elder
#283 Posted : 11/6/2013 9:55:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a great thread, I have gained a lot of information from it. I am researching Phalaris Arundinacea and it's alkaloids. My original plan was to wait until spring before attempting any extractions. But I was wondering if anyone has conducted any successful extractions with phalaris during the seasons of fall and winter? It is my understanding that this is the plants dormant stage, so I'm wondering what the alkaloid profile might look like with P. Arundinacea during these cold months. This particular sentence from the first post is what makes me wonder: "Phalaris alkaloids increase significantly when stressed with wind, cold, heat, sunlight, darkness, nutrients (nitrogen), etc, also the plant alkaloids tripple at sunset and sunrise, therefore it is essential to harvest at these times." So my question is, would it be reasonable for someone to conduct an extraction at this time of the year? And how might the % of Tryptamine alkaloids differ from say early spring?

WildEdibles
#284 Posted : 11/7/2013 6:17:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of the grass has died back here but some is still green ... I worry that the brown stuff that has died back has mold on them .... but if it is still green like some is here I would go for it Pleased
I feel @ 1 in the sun
All in all is all we r. Nirvana

dreamer042
#285 Posted : 11/7/2013 6:38:49 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Nordic Elder wrote:
This is a great thread, I have gained a lot of information from it. I am researching Phalaris Arundinacea and it's alkaloids. My original plan was to wait until spring before attempting any extractions. But I was wondering if anyone has conducted any successful extractions with phalaris during the seasons of fall and winter? It is my understanding that this is the plants dormant stage, so I'm wondering what the alkaloid profile might look like with P. Arundinacea during these cold months. This particular sentence from the first post is what makes me wonder: "Phalaris alkaloids increase significantly when stressed with wind, cold, heat, sunlight, darkness, nutrients (nitrogen), etc, also the plant alkaloids tripple at sunset and sunrise, therefore it is essential to harvest at these times." So my question is, would it be reasonable for someone to conduct an extraction at this time of the year? And how might the % of Tryptamine alkaloids differ from say early spring?

This thread has an analysis we ran on some wild arundinacea picked in the fall in the pacific northwest (see the first image). As you can see the alkaloid profile is kind of all over the place and the DMT content is quite low. This type of wide profile can be expected for any wild harvest but it will likely be wildly variable in which compounds are present and in what amounts. It seems in general tryptamines peak in fresh young spring growth and betacarboline peak in mature grass in the fall/winter.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Nordic Elder
#286 Posted : 11/7/2013 8:10:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the help, this community is a wealth of information and I am just beginning my research on Phalaris Arundinacea. I didn't realize how much research has already been accomplished in this area, however there is more to be done. I intend to return the favor and contribute my own findings as I conduct extractions and analyze the alkaloid content in different seasons, then we can get an even better understanding of how this plants contents vary in different areas.

Professor Paradise
#287 Posted : 1/19/2014 8:53:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope research is still going on with this plant.
Phalaris arundinacea and Phragmites australis are the only DMT containing plants in my area, and my only source of DMT, since I don't feel comfortable ordering MHRB.

denyr1
#288 Posted : 1/23/2014 11:54:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am currently sowing some P arundinacea seeds which are just starting to sprout. I also found a patch of P Aquatica which had just finished flowering and the foliage had all dried out. Took some rhizomes that I soaked in water which have now sprouted fresh roots and have sprouted fresh shoots. Looking forward to getting a nice patch of both and going and conducting some experiments and selecting the most productive strains.

datdmt
#289 Posted : 1/24/2014 12:08:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some philaris aquatica AQ-1 on the way, but the weather is too crazy to plant anything at the moment, cant wait to do some experiments on this plant.
It feels familiar , for good reason.

nen888
#290 Posted : 1/24/2014 3:00:57 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Ambivalent wrote:
the .pdf is posted by fourthreplay, and here it is on processing phalaris..

his extractions are made with brachy, but nevertheless his approach of extracting still applies for the other grass types. indeed its really great step to take the chlorophyl out before proceeding.

whats strange here in the pdf is that he states he got 5-meo out, and i thought brachy had the cleanest and highest nn- content.

..i'll second that recommendation..

following the great discussion by dreamer042, endlessness, olympus mon, jamie & others on the previous 2 pages, regarding content of AQ-1, Big Medicine etc...
afaik, any strain of Phalaris, if grown from seed, will throw out a number of genetic variants (arundinacea is the most variable) ..so, the key to consistency is, once a 'clean/high' alkaloid plant is identified, to only propagate by root division (cloning) ..
..of course, soil, nutrient and climatic factors could also affect alkaloid content..

The Meddling Monk
#291 Posted : 2/28/2014 11:41:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Quote:
P. aquatica var. AQ1 is listed in the literature as containing up to 1% alkaloids and it has the cleanest alkaloid profile of the species tested with LC-MS. TLC testing seems to support the presence of significantly higher amounts of DMT in AQ1 than in Big Medicine lending support to the 1% claims in the literature. Once again, as stated above TLC analysis indicates sunflower oil extraction yields DMT without pulling significant amounts of other alkaloids.

This is reassuring to know. Thank you for these tests in furthering Phalaris knowledge.

I have heard of mention of some wild P. aquatica varieties being subjectively clean DMT sources although the percentage was lower at about 0.3. This might have been mentioned here or another thread before.

jamie
#292 Posted : 2/28/2014 3:43:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

just a quick note on seed grown phalaris..all the phalaris tested in the area of Yugoslavia where Yugo red came from and Turkey where Turkey red came from, tested positive as entheogenic tryptamine producers. I have also seen Turkey red and Yugo red seed for sale, likely by someone who also read that research. It seems that some strains will breed reasonably true, when pollinated by that same strain.

Dont quote me on this though..this is not my research it was Appleseeds work.
Long live the unwoke.

nen888
#293 Posted : 4/10/2014 2:48:37 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^ yeah, this is how to breed consistent strains...i wish those talented cannabis breeders in the netherlands would put their minds to phalaris..

for sustainability, rate of growth, and range of growing options (cold weather, apartment tub, indoor) ...

Phalaris is the way of the future ! Smile

(i wonder how the OP is going? btw)

Herbaldreams
#294 Posted : 4/11/2014 4:08:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
just a quick note on seed grown phalaris..all the phalaris tested in the area of Yugoslavia where Yugo red came from and Turkey where Turkey red came from, tested positive as entheogenic tryptamine producers. I have also seen Turkey red and Yugo red seed for sale, likely by someone who also read that research. It seems that some strains will breed reasonably true, when pollinated by that same strain.

Dont quote me on this though..this is not my research it was Appleseeds work.

Glad to hear this. I was recently sent some "Yugo Red" seeds and I was worried they might be the same as any other arundinacea seeds. Good to know this isn't the case.

I recently had an interesting experience quidding phalaris brachystachys after eating 4 grams of syrian rue. There was definently DMT in there, but it was accompanied by something else that was stimulating. It was different from any other DMT plant I've tried. I was impressed with how much of an effect I got from such a small amount of grass. It's definently more powerful than I was expecting it to be, but the stimulating effect had me a little worried. It never felt like I was in any physical danger, but I know its not good to mix maois with stimulants. The next morning I had an amazing afterglow. I felt great and not at all sleep deprived even though I only slept a few hours.

I don't think I will be bioassying anymore phalaris with an maoi until I learn more about TLC. I thought it would be alright since I had read brachystachys has a cleaner alkaloid profile, but there is undoubtably more going on in there than just DMT.

skogen
#295 Posted : 4/11/2014 12:04:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Herbaldreams wrote:
I don't think I will be bioassying anymore phalaris with an maoi until I learn more about TLC. I thought it would be alright since I had read brachystachys has a cleaner alkaloid profile, but there is undoubtably more going on in there than just DMT.

Hey, thats nice to know! Wonder what would have happened if you ate the phalaris, maybe an "overdose" is easy to achieve...with so much rue involved.. Because I don't (yet) have any TLC skills, or extraction skills for that matter, I might still do an experiment with a phalaris(brachystachys) only tea, to see if those other things in there would make it orally or sublingually active without a RIMA/MAOI...

Can you give an estimation of how much was quidded?

(since its about live plants and seed: mine where from tr@nceplants)
small-scale phalaris farmer

zap123
#296 Posted : 4/28/2014 1:06:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings all, first post here.

Plants from fire prone ecosystems, like grassland or savana, are often stimulated to germinate by smoke. Recent research shows that liquid smoke extracts boost germination rates for many species. Most gardening supply stores now carry smoke solutions, though I've read that natural smoke flavor extracts available at any grocery store also work. Sounds like phalaris is a candidate for experimentation. I got the idea from B and T Seeds, phalaris made their list of seeds for which smoke is recomended. Many posts on this and other forums complain about low germination rates, would be great if we found a way to fix that.

I plan on ordering some p. brachystachys soon. When I do I'll properly test and use smoke on half and leave the other half untreated, and report back. It is the time of year for gardening, so if anyone is planting soon please feel free to test and report on this yourself. Replication, baby, re-pli-cation.

http://mappingignorance....romote-seed-germination/

Herbaldreams
#297 Posted : 4/28/2014 6:39:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Hey, thats nice to know! Wonder what would have happened if you ate the phalaris, maybe an "overdose" is easy to achieve...with so much rue involved.. Because I don't (yet) have any TLC skills, or extraction skills for that matter, I might still do an experiment with a phalaris(brachystachys) only tea, to see if those other things in there would make it orally or sublingually active without a RIMA/MAOI...

Can you give an estimation of how much was quidded?

I should have weighed it. I cut off the top 4 or 5 inches from I think 5 plants.

I'll probably end up trying it again, but I'll be cautious. I'll weigh it, start off with a small dose then gradually up the dose each time I take it until I feel toxic or uncomfortable effects.

Ethnopiate
#298 Posted : 5/5/2014 3:00:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

G'day all. I'm pretty new here but in this instance I think that is a positive thing for me in a way. I just about to start my Diploma of Environmental Science and Monitoring (in Western Australia) and will be including phalaris as part of a research paper. I have been interested in it for approx 6 months now and finally joined the Nexus and found you few but passionate folks discussing what I am struggling to get access to, information.
I currently don't have access to any raw material other than the aquatica and arundinacea that grows locally but am keen to lay hands on Yugo Red as it would make the ideal candidate for research due to it's genetic diversity and alk profile compared to the locals.
I am already familiar with the acacias and many methods associated with extraction and am keen to apply this knowledge and what I am reading here, together, as well as contributing to future experiments and knowledge.
I am not sure where to access seeds for the strains that exist outside my local area but I am sure I will in due course and with diligence.
I look forward to contributing and making good use of the tools at my disposal as I study the sciences.
Look forward to the future!

Chimp Z
#299 Posted : 5/11/2014 4:13:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ethnopiate wrote:
G'day all. I'm pretty new here but in this instance I think that is a positive thing for me in a way. I just about to start my Diploma of Environmental Science and Monitoring (in Western Australia) and will be including phalaris as part of a research paper. I have been interested in it for approx 6 months now and finally joined the Nexus and found you few but passionate folks discussing what I am struggling to get access to, information.
I currently don't have access to any raw material other than the aquatica and arundinacea that grows locally but am keen to lay hands on Yugo Red as it would make the ideal candidate for research due to it's genetic diversity and alk profile compared to the locals.
I am already familiar with the acacias and many methods associated with extraction and am keen to apply this knowledge and what I am reading here, together, as well as contributing to future experiments and knowledge.
I am not sure where to access seeds for the strains that exist outside my local area but I am sure I will in due course and with diligence.
I look forward to contributing and making good use of the tools at my disposal as I study the sciences.
Look forward to the future!

You should check out Share the Seeds.
I have Yugo Red seeds to share as well of a few Australian cultivars like Seedmaster, Sirosa, and Sirolan.
Lots of good info on Phalaris coming up and we're just getting started after 20 years of underground studies.

Chimp Z
#300 Posted : 5/11/2014 4:23:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WildEdibles wrote:

I have noticed the white and green ribbon grass Phalaris arundinacea 'Feesey' a garden variety usually has no seeds cant say none cause they can have some but rarely

I was interested in this one cause the chlorophyll is half as much Smile I like the look of this one but have no idea what is in it ???

I also have a friend that has phalaris brachystachys a type of in her yard but have not narrowed it down either ... it either came from bird seed or from the cat grass seed or from the hay for the guinea pigs??
It is a perennial grass and has the thick seed head that p. branchystachys gets

P. Arundinacea variegated varieties always tested for Zero alkaloids in Johnny Appleseed's assays but I wouldn't rule out they're psychoactivity. Maybe more cyanogenic glucosides.

Also, the alkaloids are more present where there is more chlorophyll in Phalaris, i.e., the top leaf tips...i believe.

P. Canariensis can often be mistaken with P. Brachystachys. P. Canariensis is used more regularly in commercial bird seed mixes.

«PREV1314151617NEXT»