We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Extracting freebase dimethyltryptamine from the leaves of psychotria viridis. Options

Jox
#21 Posted : 2/14/2014 2:19:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I just want to add that Mimosa in Mexico is grown on the large scale for commercial purpose, it is called Tepezcohite and it is sold all over Mexico and even been exported to many places.

I don't know for Brasilia, but in Mexico it is no in any danger.

Jox

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

mailorderdiety
#22 Posted : 2/16/2014 5:36:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree Godsmacker.
I have been horrified to see the pictures of whole fields of felled Mimosa trees with their roots exposed.
I want no part of it. I feel ashamed I ever did take part in it, even if it was only a few times.

Apart from financial & legal reasons, not wanting to have a hand in Mimosa Hostilis' & Acacia Confusa's destruction
is the biggest reason I haven't bought any MHRB for extractions in the longest time. And nor do I plan to.

Godsmacker is right: Psychotria is a sustainable DMT source: You harvest it's leaves every once in a while, extract your spice and the plant will stay healthy, keep growing and keep blessing you with more and more spicey leaves over time. That is a symbiotic relationship with a DMT plant.

Our current abuse of Mimosa Hostilis and recently also Acacia Confusa is us predating these trees to extinction.
We're currently parasites in relation to these 2 spicey trees.
It's slowly wiping out these wonderfull trees and with it our precious sources of DMT. Not a very gratefull treatment to a plant that has given us so much wisdom, inspiration & liberation. We will pay a big price if we keep overindulging like this.

From now on we should leave Mimosa Hostilis and Acacia Confusa alone and focus wholly on sustainable DMT plants that have DMT in their foliage; Like Chacruna. I believe some Acacias also have very decent percentages of DMT in their phyllodes.

thank you for your wonderful words. i truly take this to heart and will look into the leaves instead of taking the life from a tree. i have worked in taking care of plants for a living and want no part in killing trees.

Hieronymous
#23 Posted : 2/25/2014 6:59:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if Ralii is still following this thread, if you are can you tell me why you let plants wilt and then water them before harvesting the leaves.

I would have thought they'd be better harvested in the wilted condition.

Randomness
#24 Posted : 2/25/2014 10:21:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hieronymous wrote:
I don't know if Ralii is still following this thread, if you are can you tell me why you let plants wilt and then water them before harvesting the leaves.

I would have thought they'd be better harvested in the wilted condition.

Think he is stressing to increase alkaloid content. This is reported to work on phalaris but don't know about other plants as the metabolic pathway may be different.

I think the best Eco friendly source material is always going to be one you can grow yourself in the climate in which you live. Then you nurture the plant and take nothing from the wild.

Psychotria is not the answer for me as it is to cold where I live. My acacias seem happy though :-)

Hieronymous
#25 Posted : 2/27/2014 12:41:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I understand that withholding water would stress them, it seems like the watering would relieve the stress and undo any gains that were made by stressing them.

I've read a lot of reports on how alkaloid levels drop after rain so I just assumed watering would have a similar effect.

Has anyone ever tested alkaloid levels in the stems & twigs of this species ?

Randomness
#26 Posted : 2/27/2014 5:54:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hieronymous wrote:
Yeah, I understand that withholding water would stress them, it seems like the watering would relieve the stress and undo any gains that were made by stressing them.

I've read a lot of reports on how alkaloid levels drop after rain so I just assumed watering would have a similar effect.

It could work like altitude training with people when you adapt to harsher conditions one those conditions are gone you are left with a temporary energy boost.

I think a lot of this goes back to phalaris staggers, the first growth after rain at the end of a dry period causes more poisoning incidents Tthere was a small Italian aye analogues study that seemed to confirm this. Personally I think it may be to do with a higher ratio of new growth tips on the plant as conditions improve. Fresh growth is known to have higher content than old.

It is all fairly irrelevant as psychotria is a totally different plant and could react differently to a grass. They may even have different metabolic pathways to the molecule. You wouldn't grow a herb plant the same way as a cactus.

Only way to find out if this was a viable idea is to test it. I would love to do this but where I live is rubbish for jungle plants.

rahlii
#27 Posted : 3/1/2014 5:01:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hieronymous wrote:

The main reason I water the plants before harvest is because after being at work all day the plants are fully wilted. Chacruna love water. If you ever get to know this plant you will know that they are very closely alined with water. I water them before harvest so they are happy and because i don't like seeing them wilted. I have never done a side by side extraction on stressed plants compared to stressed then watered plants. Anyway, I'm happy (getting 1% DMT) and my plants are happy so that is the main thing.

I'd like to read the reports that you quoted on alkaloids dropping after rain. Do you have any links?
From where is the noise?

Hieronymous
#28 Posted : 3/1/2014 8:32:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No I don't have any links Rahlii, it was just anecdotal stuff that I'd read anyway. I've never seen any work that has ever verified or ruled out the theory regarding alkaloid levels and rainfall/watering. It could well be all BS.

I imagine that harvesting leaves from a wilted plant could cause some damage too. When they are well hydrated the leaves snap off easily but if they are wilted it would be easy to cause some damage to the stems.

My Psychotrias (nexus) are very thirsty too, if they go one day without watering in hot weather they wilt & after about 2 days in that condition they start to show signs of tissue damage in the new growth.

Randomness
#29 Posted : 3/1/2014 11:24:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ever tried a early morning harvest as opposed to an evening harvest? This is good practice with herbs to maximise essential oils and also established with herb to maximise THC (some even do 24 or 46 hours total darkness). Don't know if it would make any difference but assume it would be easy to try without harming your plants. It reduces chlorophyll levels to which is a plus.

rahlii
#30 Posted : 3/1/2014 7:56:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Hieronymous,

I have posted some results on work I have done with Psychotia 'Nexus" here - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=52625
Good luck with your Nexus plants. They are a very good admixture.

Randomness - I have never harvested in the morning as i have always gone off of the study results that I quoted earlier in the thread which showed a slight increase around 1 hour before dusk compared to leaf harvested in the morning. Might be worth trying though as the levels are still quite high according to the study.
From where is the noise?

rahlii
#31 Posted : 3/15/2014 4:22:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was just reading in another thread that dmt salt is slightly soluble in xylene. If this is the case are the steps quoted below efficient, using xylene instead of Shellie for the initial pulls, or is there too much dmt stuck in the xylene after salting to make it worth doing?

Any chemists know the theory behind the solubility of dmt acetate in xylene?

Wut?

rahlii wrote:
Seems that the current thoughts on solvents are that xylene is much more efficient at pulling alkaloids from the basified plant aquas solution. Future efforts will be along the following line -

Add 30g of sodium chloride to the basified plant aquas solution to push the alkaloids into the solvent.

Use xylene for the initial pulls from the plant aquas solution. The xylene should be reusable in future extractions.

Salt out with 4% vinegar water.

rebasify and pull with hot shellite.

Sodium carbonate wash combined pulls.

freeze precipitate the entire combined shellite pulls.

From where is the noise?

rahlii
#32 Posted : 3/15/2014 10:14:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Must be okay to substitute xylene for shellite going by this advice given by SnozzleBerry. Think I'll give it a shot next x I do.

Does anyone else have any opinion on using xylene at this stage of a tek?

SnozzleBerry wrote:

Instead of defatting, you can back-salt your end product out. So, do your acid soaks, basify, pull with your solvent (something along the lines of xylene, toluene, dcm, d-limonene...not naphtha or similar) and then salt your DMT out of solvent using FASW, vinegar, or another acidified solution. This leaves you with with DMT fumarate, DMT acetate, or another salt form, depending on the acid used. Then you can do a water conversion back to fb if you used FASW, or a mini a/b if you used vinegar.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=53488

rahlii wrote:
I was just reading in another thread that dmt salt is slightly soluble in xylene. If this is the case are the steps quoted below efficient, using xylene instead of Shellie for the initial pulls, or is there too much dmt stuck in the xylene after salting to make it worth doing?

Any chemists know the theory behind the solubility of dmt acetate in xylene?

Wut?

rahlii wrote:
Seems that the current thoughts on solvents are that xylene is much more efficient at pulling alkaloids from the basified plant aquas solution. Future efforts will be along the following line -

Add 30g of sodium chloride to the basified plant aquas solution to push the alkaloids into the solvent.

Use xylene for the initial pulls from the plant aquas solution. The xylene should be reusable in future extractions.

Salt out with 4% vinegar water.

rebasify and pull with hot shellite.

Sodium carbonate wash combined pulls.

freeze precipitate the entire combined shellite pulls.

From where is the noise?

rahlii
#33 Posted : 5/19/2014 11:41:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have completed the tek sans pictures.

The Chacruna Spice Tek concludes with the following statement -

Upon completion of this tek it has become apparent to the author that the release of this document onto the internet could result in negative attention regarding the use of Psychotria viridis for the extraction of DMT freebase. As the use of this plant for the extraction of DMT is likely to be extremely limited given its optimal environmental growth parameters, the author does not wish to disproportionately highlight this alternative use of the plant. The extraction of DMT from Psychotria viridis may also result in the tightening of regulations regarding the growing and sourcing of this traditional Ayahuasca source plant, having a negative impact on the Ayahuasca community.

Out of respect for the Ayahuasca community the author has decided not to make this document freely available on the internet. Please respect the authors' wishes and do not post this tek on the internet.

If anyone seriously plans to grow and use Chacruna as a sustainable home grown source plant (keep in mind you will need to live in the tropics to grow a usable amount of quality material to make a tek worth while) then send me a pm with your email (can't send PDF through PM) and I will send you the tek. I only ask that you keep the aforementioned paragraph in mind when you decide what to do with it.

The tek pretty much just outlines what has already been discussed within the thread so you won't be missing out on much by not reading it, unless you plan to put it to use.

I just run through the tek and got 1.02% which is pretty much as expected.

And thanks to everyone for helping me refine the tek. I'm sure the folks who will be putting it to use will be thankful also.
From where is the noise?

No Knowing
#34 Posted : 5/19/2014 7:27:11 PM

fool adept

I smoked Mimosa sourced DMT for almost 3 years before I got a taste of something else.

While in Peru I smoked some Chacruna and Chaliponga sourced DMT. The two were mixed in a precise proportion then re-xed together.

The effects were phenomenal, but, I'm not sure how many of the differences in the trip were because of the fact that I was smoking in the Amazon with a wild tribal tatted gringo shaman guy, or, the fact that the DMT was sourced from plants I had yet to smoke.

But qualitatively the trip was VERY intense [was a hefty dose also] BUT at the same time very, very, centered. I felt like I was sitting in the eye of a huge storm of DMT conscious hallucinations. It was soooo deep and intense BUT I felt so peaceful and centered. It also had a much wider color spectrum than many of my mimosa-DMT trips. It was not just a gold or red themed trip, but, had an amazing spectrum of fantastical colors. Amazing trip.

I will be trying to make a chacruna-DMT and then will likely try my hand at chaliponga/chacruna mix.

Thanks for figuring this tek out!
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

polmos
#35 Posted : 10/7/2014 9:25:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would there be any issues with using a dehydrator to speed up the process of drying the chacruna leafs ?
All questions i ask here are strictly theoretical.

rahlii
#36 Posted : 10/7/2014 10:41:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I reckon drying the amount of leaf you need to make an extraction worth while would take just as long if not longer in a dehydrator then drying under a fan. Maybe dry in the sun if you feel it will take too long. I find I like to minimise the use of electrical devices when doing extracts.
From where is the noise?

themtea
#37 Posted : 1/30/2017 3:41:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

rahlii wrote:
I have completed the tek sans pictures.

The Chacruna Spice Tek concludes with the following statement -

Upon completion of this tek it has become apparent to the author that the release of this document onto the internet could result in negative attention regarding the use of Psychotria viridis for the extraction of DMT freebase. As the use of this plant for the extraction of DMT is likely to be extremely limited given its optimal environmental growth parameters, the author does not wish to disproportionately highlight this alternative use of the plant. The extraction of DMT from Psychotria viridis may also result in the tightening of regulations regarding the growing and sourcing of this traditional Ayahuasca source plant, having a negative impact on the Ayahuasca community.

Out of respect for the Ayahuasca community the author has decided not to make this document freely available on the internet. Please respect the authors' wishes and do not post this tek on the internet.

If anyone seriously plans to grow and use Chacruna as a sustainable home grown source plant (keep in mind you will need to live in the tropics to grow a usable amount of quality material to make a tek worth while) then send me a pm with your email (can't send PDF through PM) and I will send you the tek. I only ask that you keep the aforementioned paragraph in mind when you decide what to do with it.

The tek pretty much just outlines what has already been discussed within the thread so you won't be missing out on much by not reading it, unless you plan to put it to use.

I just run through the tek and got 1.02% which is pretty much as expected.

And thanks to everyone for helping me refine the tek. I'm sure the folks who will be putting it to use will be thankful also.

hello rahlii. I am interested to have the PDF and have PM you.

syberdelic
#38 Posted : 1/30/2017 7:02:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been doing some research into growing my own plants for the purpose of extracting. Any sort of tropical plant would require indoor growing and thus artificial lighting which is a bit wasteful. It seems that phalaris grass and desmanthus (bundleflower) are my only two options for a temperate climate that often gets to -10F. The phalaris is tempting, but until some selective breeding and hybridization is done to reduce other alkaloids, there are too many other alkaloids present that I'm not particularly interested in consuming.

The bundleflower seems to be the best option as it is essentially a weed that is native to much of north America. It looks similar to mimosa hostilis in that the root bark is the best/highest potency of DMT. But as they are fast growing weeds that will grow in not so great soil, digging up a handful of them once or twice a year wouldn't have any long lasting negative consequenses. If animals (pets) eat the foilage, it is safe unlike phalaris. And to top it off, any spread of these weeds would actually benefit the environment as they are great for erosion control.

I will be ordering some Desmanthus Leptolobus and Desmanthus Illinoensis seeds soon so that I can get some patches growing for extraction next winter.

I also hope that some of the suppliers of MHRB, since it is such an excellent source, are actually raising orchards of the stuff so that it can be harvested sustainably rather than as some do, take down whole trees in habitat land so that the root bark can be easily harvested.

skoobysnax
#39 Posted : 4/16/2018 4:40:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:
I have been doing some research into growing my own plants for the purpose of extracting. Any sort of tropical plant would require indoor growing and thus artificial lighting which is a bit wasteful. It seems that phalaris grass and desmanthus (bundleflower) are my only two options for a temperate climate that often gets to -10F. The phalaris is tempting, but until some selective breeding and hybridization is done to reduce other alkaloids, there are too many other alkaloids present that I'm not particularly interested in consuming.

The bundleflower seems to be the best option as it is essentially a weed that is native to much of north America. It looks similar to mimosa hostilis in that the root bark is the best/highest potency of DMT. But as they are fast growing weeds that will grow in not so great soil, digging up a handful of them once or twice a year wouldn't have any long lasting negative consequenses. If animals (pets) eat the foilage, it is safe unlike phalaris. And to top it off, any spread of these weeds would actually benefit the environment as they are great for erosion control.

I will be ordering some Desmanthus Leptolobus and Desmanthus Illinoensis seeds soon so that I can get some patches growing for extraction next winter.

I also hope that some of the suppliers of MHRB, since it is such an excellent source, are actually raising orchards of the stuff so that it can be harvested sustainably rather than as some do, take down whole trees in habitat land so that the root bark can be easily harvested.

I just had a successful extraction of DIRB using a variation of q21q21 but pulling the dried based material with 99% IPA. I got a nice smelling wax. Sending to Energy Control to see if there is anything undesirable like gramine. Marquis test says there is def DMT in there but the Mecke and Elrich are seeing something I can't ID at home.

Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

DancinDog
#40 Posted : 1/17/2024 4:32:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems adding salt during the extraction resulted in substantial yield gains for MHRB. Has anyone tried using salt with Psychotria Viridis yet?

PREV12