We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lazymans tek HELP! Options

SpiritWalker
#1 Posted : 5/5/2009 3:16:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey. Doing my first pull today. I followed the directions exactly but when I was transfering the liquid from the serving bowl to the measuring up (to pour off the naptha layer) I wound up sticking to the side of the bowl and spilling all over the counter rather than into the mixing bowl. I lost a great deal of alkaloids from my first pull there.

So does anyone have any ideas? I'm using powder so the contents are much thicker than normal. I added more lye to the mix to try to break down the powder, added another layer of NAPTHA and I'm stirring again for half an hour. Should I use a turkey baster or something?

Thanks for your help.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

burnt
#2 Posted : 5/5/2009 3:19:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Use a glass turkey baster or pippette. If your water layer is too thick just add more water but keep an eye on pH make sures its high like 13.

Let the naptha and water layers mix well and give them time to settle. Heat also helps at that stage.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 5/5/2009 6:48:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pouring off is not a good idea, the solvent tends to stick to the sides and drop off, SWIM learned this the hard way too. A pippette works great, people say turkey baster also but SWIM never used.. Just take care its glass or hdpe plastic.

SpiritWalker
#4 Posted : 5/6/2009 5:08:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

many thanks... can you guys help with this?

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=4632