We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A very strange experience I had last night. Options

DreaMTripper
#1 Posted : 2/18/2014 1:30:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a light sleeper and half way through the night while asleep I hear the blinds or imagine them smashing against the window as if a strong wind was rushing through.
Immediately after I feel the end of my bed compressing as if someone is jumping or treading heavily on it and at this point i am still in light sleep and am kicking out automatically as if trying to knock them off or at least see if someone or thing is there..
I then wake up and imediately feel a prescence in the room but of course nothing or noone is there.
Im prone to extremely vivid dreams and nighmares if I sleep in warm temperatures so I attribute this to a sleep paralysis episode in which my brain was waking.me up in order to cool the body however it still makes me feel uneasy due to the strong feeling of occupying the rool with something else..
I dont particularly believe in ghosts or spirits yet I cant shake the impression left of feeling someone or something was in my room.
Maybe my brain was still in still in creation mode has anyone with lucid dreaming experience any light to shed on this?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Creo
#2 Posted : 2/18/2014 8:01:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your description is a textbook case of sleep paralysis.

"I feel the end of my bed compressing as if someone is jumping or treading heavily on it" is known as 'the incubus', and the presence you sensed in your room is known as 'the intruder'. The wikipedia link has more details.

DreaMTripper
#3 Posted : 2/18/2014 8:40:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that, was a classic case indeed!