We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marsofold without freezing? Options

fnord
#1 Posted : 3/3/2009 10:33:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can the naptha just be evaped? My pet donkey dosent have access to a freezer. What other methods could be used for collecting the crystals?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Dwhitty76
#2 Posted : 3/4/2009 2:50:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes.... tell your pet monky to trot over to ace hardware and buy some cheesecloth and tell him to cover the dish w/ the cheescloth and have him tape it so it is secure, this will prevent any dust from getting into his naptha....then just let it sit and eventually your donky will notice little crystals forming.
To speed the process up i would tell him to use a fan.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

live4themusic
#3 Posted : 4/6/2009 7:34:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does just evapping not leave over more of the other contaminants?

soulfood
#4 Posted : 4/6/2009 8:17:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Yes but when you don't have a freezer what can you do? I suppose a crude extract could be washed with another substance.

Contaminants arent all that bad. SWIM has used a extract which was FASA'd and then freebased which looked surprisingly clean.

tolu
#5 Posted : 4/6/2009 2:37:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What contaminants do you mean? Lye?
Lye isn't soluble in non-polar solvents, so just pull the naphtha layer, not the water, like you're supposed to.
My friend has only ever evaporated and she's had clear to white crystals every time, which was a delight to inhale.

If you are really concerned you could do a sodium carbonate wash. (Vovin's tek Step 7)

bubbly_nubs
#6 Posted : 5/4/2009 8:11:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My donkey has the same problem and is also wondering about the purity of the product left behind. An ammonium wash would clean most of the junk out, would he be wrong in thinking this?

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 5/4/2009 9:24:56 PM

The Great Namah

bubbly_nubs wrote:
My donkey has the same problem and is also wondering about the purity of the product left behind. An ammonium wash would clean most of the junk out, would he be wrong in thinking this?

Yes my friend you would be wrong. Please everyone get the ammonia wash out of your heads. You end up dissolving 1/4 of your yield doing that. YOU CANNOT WASH CRYSTALS EFFECTIVLY. You only wash the surface area.

If you want to clean up your product do a recrystalization and while doing that if you want to wash the naphtha the spice is dissolved in that would be a good time.

Washing the naphtha with basified water is the best way to wash.

There is a tek on wiki for both recrystilzation as well as the best way to wash your product. DON'T USE AMMONIA!!!!!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.